Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or shooting under 35 against Houston
    Or ting the bed even in the first 3 quarters of game one against GS when Kawhi was getting him open looks. Couldn't even hit one out of six threes. Just one three would've made the difference.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could argue Mills isn't worth $12.5M/yr. You can't make a reasonable case that you'd find a replacement for the min. Or can you? Ideas for someone other than Mills that could be had "for cheap?"
    Right. If you could unearth the next Mills that easily, they would have. Neal can't stick in the league (who was Mills before Mills) and Forbes probably will never pan out.

Name a team Patty wouldn't play key minutes for. Golden State - maybe - but that's just because of their depth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rookie Andrew Harrison for Memphis produced at the same level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"with these kind of playoff stats we have to lock him up long term"
    Gawd damn. Go easy on them cat man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people defending the deal with the notion that Golden State defended him with good defenders really think that's a good defense?

Are they not going to guard him now that he has 50 million in the bank?

Oh, it was the lack of Kawhi ... right ....

Except for the minutes with Kawhi against GS he was building a new Barrier Reef out of bricks.

And who does Mills guard on Golden State?

hmmmmm.

Uh oh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills will be 29 in August, and if shooting is his main skillset, the Spurs are screwed. Playoffs past the first round on his last contract: 21.7% from 3 against Golden State, 33.3% from 3 against Houston, 23% against OKC

Re: the market, how is it that there's no other back up points on deals like 4/50? How is it that the others who even come close can do a lot more than Mills, like either defend like dirty assholes like Delladova or run a pick-and-roll like Jeremy Lin?

There was no market for no defense, no playmaking, busted shooting short guys with histories of being overweight.

The Spurs just set it so high they played themselves.
    You're like the opposite of a homer. I'd much rather have Paddy instead of Delly. Did the dude even have a notable basket or defensive performance for MIL all year? He hardly even played. I also like how y'all love to point out how Paddy's production goes down as the compe ion becomes more elite, as if that isn't the case for all role players.

Just because you don't like Paddy doesn't mean other teams weren't interested in him. Again, you yourself are trying to set the market. He's a proven commodity not just with the Spurs but in international basketball as well. He could've easily gotten more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people defending the deal with the notion that Golden State defended him with good defenders really think that's a good defense?

Are they not going to guard him now that he has 50 million in the bank?

Oh, it was the lack of Kawhi ... right ....

Except for the minutes with Kawhi against GS he was building a new Barrier Reef out of bricks.

And who does Mills guard on Golden State?

hmmmmm.

Uh oh.
    main reason the usual suspects like him is because he's a point guard on the spurs and his name isn't tony parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rookie Andrew Harrison for Memphis produced at the same level
    And he's from SA. Ouch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, just no. The only chance in this team has of reaching another gear is the improvements of Murray and Bertans. And that's not going to happen playing them 15 minutes off the bench.
    Watch Pop do just that.. IMO. He just got paid, he's going to get those starter minutes IMO.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still a project. You shouldn't offer projects 4 year deals even if it's considered cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but these guys on Kyle Anderson who was terrific in the playoffs going against Draymond DPOY Green. But lets nuthug Patty...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

PER
    Still using a flawed stat that rewards chuckers like Kyrie and Porker in 2017

https://skepticalsports.com/the-case...tional-wisdom/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone defending this deal is so clueless I can't believe you watch more than a few Spurs games a year.

Even at his peak, Patty was that amusing, high-energy "Rudy" type that you root for because he's an underdog. You throw a few mill at him to keep him on the roster because he's entertaining and loyal like a good dog, but by no means do you pay him real money. You get a few years out of him and then sell him high to a bubble East team that's willing to overpay for role players.

It's over, folks. The league has passed the Spurs by. PATFO are going to go down with the ship, playing classy ball and overpaying on loyalty contracts to "character" guys on the way down to the ocean bottom. Bonner might as well come back for $18mm/3 years, for 's sake. I just hope Kawhi, Simmons, and Murray get on a life raft before this goes under.
    Real money? You realize the highest paid players make $40 mill/yr nowadays, right? You idiots need to stop thinking you are the authority on what is or isn't fair value. The current CBA and market dictates that, not you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am disappointed in Mills being the main signing, but the amount of ing about his contract is unwarranted. So long as Murray is cheap, Patty's deal is more than fine. The Spurs are spending less on that position than a lot of teams -- and that's including Tony's deal.

Patty's skill level warrants the contract; now PATFO has to actually make use of their roster.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PER
    Still using a flawed stat that rewards chuckers like Kyrie and Porker in 2017

https://skepticalsports.com/the-case...tional-wisdom/
    Apparently it doesn't since it hates Pity Mills, Harlem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but these guys on Kyle Anderson who was terrific in the playoffs going against Draymond DPOY Green. But lets nuthug Patty...
    Even as a Kyle hater, I can admit he has SOME room to grow. We already know who Patty is. A chucker who can't even run an offense, play D, or create for himself despite being called the "6th man".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're like the opposite of a homer. I'd much rather have Paddy instead of Delly. Did the dude even have a notable basket or defensive performance for MIL all year? He hardly even played. I also like how y'all love to point out how Paddy's production goes down as the compe ion becomes more elite, as if that isn't the case for all role players.

Just because you don't like Paddy doesn't mean other teams weren't interested in him. Again, you yourself are trying to set the market. He's a proven commodity not just with the Spurs but in international basketball as well. He could've easily gotten more.
    Delly hardly even played?

He played 26.5 mpg in the playoffs, shot 37.5% from 3, and in all his minutes combined was a + in a series the Bucks lost.

And you're still right, his contract SUCKS and he's not a very good player at that money

Well congratulations, he signed a 4/38.

3 million less per year and with better defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He also had one of the highest PERs and had a 50/50/95 series against LAC in '15 IIRC. He has his ups and downs. Typical hot and cold 6th man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't want Mills, but using PER to judge a player in his role..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also got lit up by All-NBA 1st-teamer Austin Rivers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So long as Murray is cheap, Patty's deal is more than fine. The Spurs are spending less on that position than a lot of teams -- and that's including Tony's deal.
    Which teams are those?

Golden State yes. And Curry is a thousand times better than Mills and Parker combined.

So is Chris Paul, and there's no guarantee the Rockets even outspend the Spurs at the point position this year.

Conley and Harrison/rando scrubs look like they're more than that salary. They are > Mills/Parker/Murray

Toronto with Lowry will be more. Lowry & Joseph & Wright are better.

I think if we look into it, the teams who are spending more are getting more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delly hardly even played?

He played 26.5 mpg in the playoffs, shot 37.5% from 3, and in all his minutes combined was a + in a series the Bucks lost.

And you're still right, his contract SUCKS and he's not a very good player at that money

Well congratulations, he signed a 4/38.

3 million less per year and with better defense.
    Better defender but a significantly worse player. I'll take Paddy and his deal over Delly's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Langston Galloway got 7 million a year. Patty's contract looking better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which teams are those?

Golden State yes. And Curry is a thousand times better than Mills and Parker combined.

So is Chris Paul, and there's no guarantee the Rockets even outspend the Spurs at the point position this year.

Conley and Harrison/rando scrubs look like they're more than that salary. They are > Mills/Parker/Murray

Toronto with Lowry will be more. Lowry & Joseph & Wright are better.

I think if we look into it, the teams who are spending more are getting more.
    Teams that spend more on the PG position are getting more?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Langston Galloway got 7 million a year. Patty's contract looking better
    Didn't he light up Patty in NY a few times too?

Thread Information