Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG you spurs fans are so picky and should be thankful we have the NBA's most games won coach in history. Trust in POP.... You guys honestly think Lonnie is Ready? Don;t get me wrong he is almost there but not quite. These moves POP is pulling will make Lonnie and DJM great. Just wait till the Spurs click then you guys will see.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parody thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't ready to play big minutes for a playoff contending team, in which we technically are. But he should be getting more burn. I believe next season Walker would be as good as Mitc 's rookie season.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    OMG you spurs fans are so picky and should be thankful we have the NBA's most games won coach in history. Trust in POP.... You guys honestly think Lonnie is Ready? Don;t get me wrong he is almost there but not quite. These moves POP is pulling will make Lonnie and DJM great. Just wait till the Spurs click then you guys will see.
    He still was better than Forbes. And thats the whole argument. If Forbes were a 3P Machine making 5 per game, than noone would demand Lonnie so much. But thats not the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope, but we do have the coach with the most playoff losses in NBA history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't ready to play big minutes for a playoff contending team, in which we technically are. But he should be getting more burn. I believe next season Walker would be as good as Mitc 's rookie season.
    Wait,what? There are better teams than us playing their young players more minutes...what are u talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U do realize every NBA players has bad games, right... Especially young players that hardly ever get to play... Y'all expect Lonnie to look great everytime he goes out on the court... That's an impossible standard even for legendary players... Y'all saying Lonnie isn't ready, but who is? Forms? Belly Nelly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Forbes is? Bryn will never be ready so what’s your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope, but we do have the coach with the most playoff losses in NBA history
    Oh boy, you’re dense.. Also holds the record for consecutive playoff appearances, I’ll allow you to think that one over..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve watched most games this season. I like Forbes a lot. He’s blue collar, has no ego and he comes up with big shots here and there. There is no doubt Forbes tries hard and has had his contributions but he’s nowhere near the complete player LWIV is even at this early stage in LWIV’s development. Forbes simply gets abused offensively by almost every player he’s matched up against. Now if he contributed to offense like Steph Curry does (Steph is not a great defender either), it would offset this somewhat but he does not come close. Therefore it’s a no brainer that LWIV should get more of Forbes’ minutes. Sure he’s young but he’s shown little fear and shown a second level attack mode reminiscent of the great Manu. There must be an unknown component beyond pure seniority at play here to continue to let Forbes get more minutes than LWIV because at this stage, there is no rational explanation for it. One player is clearly superior to the other and the superior player is getting less burn.
    Last edited by Calispursfan11; 01-07-2020 at 08:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't fully ready but he's getting close--he has all the physical tools but not the know how where it becomes second nature--if you see him play live you can see he still gets lost on offense and defense--I've seen players on the court instructing LW where to go (Mills, Murray, Gay)--I've seen Pop coach him up during time outs ...etc...as the season goes along he'll only get better...in a year or two from now as he gets more experience and gets stronger he'll be the Spurs best player

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh boy, you’re dense.. Also holds the record for consecutive playoff appearances, I’ll allow you to think that one over..
    TD gets Pop into playoffs, Pop gets TD out of playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD gets Pop into playoffs, Pop gets TD out of playoffs
    So why haven’t the Spurs missed the playoffs yet despite TD being gone? Also, you’re incorrect, I have memories of Manu fouling Dirk and many other occasions of the Spurs getting bounced because of the players, not Pop.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he isn't ready, then give him minutes so that he can get ready. Why is this so hard for you people to understand.

Forbes has reached his ceiling. He's not going to be any better than a bench player deserving a handful of minutes. Walker is nowhere close to his ceiling and he is already a better NBA than Forbes.

Stop making excuses and play Lonnie 25+ minutes every game.

Your type of thinking is exactly why the Spurs are five games under .500 a third of the way through the season and unlikely to even get to. 500 this year. A terrible, ty team. Let the young guys with potential play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One word blows up your whole argument. ....................Forbes.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you crave attention, the key is making the stupidest thread you can think of to insure lots of instant responses. You can always guage the quality of the attention s by the limits of their imaginations. This one could have been better, if only the OP had stated that Lonnie will never be an NBA-caliber player. Second rate attention , but I'll give credit for his effort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    06- we lost bc of Pop and refs
    11- We were the ONE seed and lost to the EIGHTH seed. Pop had Bonner and Dice on Gasol and Randolph. That loss was all coaching
    12- We were up 2-0 and had them on the ropes. I feel like he didn't prepare his team to play in OKC. Also he made zero adjustments to Thabo being on Parker when a simple guard pick would've switched Harden onto Parker and Thabo onto Ginobili which would've been a much better match up. But Refs also ed us so I can blame them too. 50/50 tbh
    13- I don't need to rehash it, but maybe some of the worst coaching of all time.
    15- Doc Rivers literally used the same play every single game 50 times a game and Pop couldn't come up with a way to counter it
    16- Thunderrefs for sure. But Pop putting the Dud towers in at the same time cost us the series. Second stupidest coaching I've ever seen by Pop.
    19- Well I take it back. This was the second stupidest coaching I've ever seen from Pop. Marco and Mills were like a -120 when playing together and that's all Pop did. The dude was drunk. It's the only explanation I have bc I'd like to think the winningest coach isn't that stupid.
    2020- we won't even make the playoffs and it's 75% bad coaching and Pop's fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will be dead before this version of the team "clicks." I don't see how playing less really helps any of the young guys develop, these guys are on the cusp of missing the playoffs, not the cusp of greatness.

The only upside to this entire season is that Aldridge has embraced the 3 which can only benefit the team whether he stays or whether they get rid of him eventually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The alternatives are worse though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he isn't ready, then give him minutes so that he can get ready. Why is this so hard for you people to understand.

Forbes has reached his ceiling. He's not going to be any better than a bench player deserving a handful of minutes. Walker is nowhere close to his ceiling and he is already a better NBA than Forbes.

Stop making excuses and play Lonnie 25+ minutes every game.

Your type of thinking is exactly why the Spurs are five games under .500 a third of the way through the season and unlikely to even get to. 500 this year. A terrible, ty team. Let the young guys with potential play
    Everyone here can think whatever they want and it makes no difference, the opinion of everyone here is just that, an opinion. None of us have any control of the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lonnie is not ready what the is Forbes?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes ceiling is below Lonnies floor on any night. You do what gives you the best shot of winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    06- we lost bc of Pop and refs
    11- We were the ONE seed and lost to the EIGHTH seed. Pop had Bonner and Dice on Gasol and Randolph. That loss was all coaching
    12- We were up 2-0 and had them on the ropes. I feel like he didn't prepare his team to play in OKC. Also he made zero adjustments to Thabo being on Parker when a simple guard pick would've switched Harden onto Parker and Thabo onto Ginobili which would've been a much better match up. But Refs also ed us so I can blame them too. 50/50 tbh
    13- I don't need to rehash it, but maybe some of the worst coaching of all time.
    15- Doc Rivers literally used the same play every single game 50 times a game and Pop couldn't come up with a way to counter it
    16- Thunderrefs for sure. But Pop putting the Dud towers in at the same time cost us the series. Second stupidest coaching I've ever seen by Pop.
    19- Well I take it back. This was the second stupidest coaching I've ever seen from Pop. Marco and Mills were like a -120 when playing together and that's all Pop did. The dude was drunk. It's the only explanation I have bc I'd like to think the winningest coach isn't that stupid.
    2020- we won't even make the playoffs and it's 75% bad coaching and Pop's fault.
    preach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice troll thread.

Thread Information