Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We dropped cable 4 months ago and have rarely missed it. HD antenna was $40 and works great, we even got a TiVo that is compatible with it so we can DVR broadcast shows/sports.
    I may want an indoor HD antenna if they work ok. I'm in San Antonio, would I get FSSW spurs games?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I may want an indoor HD antenna if they work ok. I'm in San Antonio, would I get FSSW spurs games?
    FSSW is not an over the air channel. You'll be able to see the occasional game they show on KENS, but that's about it.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Never getting rid of cable. My ex and several of my friends have cut cable and I've noticed how much freaking time they waste skipping from app to app looking for something to watch. I have no patience for it. I can't live without being able to scroll a guide and see whats on in real time. I just don't watch enough tv to invest all that effort into just the search. Add the dvr and I've got all my tv needs covered.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you can get a friend with basic cable to make you an email account then you'll have all the spurs games covered. Fox sports go has most of the games and the same pass will work for the games on the TNT site and watchespn

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Eh, basic cable is fine for the basketball season if actually watching all the games is the goal.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Amazon fire stick + kodi... anything I could ever want to watch.

I do still subscribe to Netflix and Hulu, but haven't had cable for a couple years. Sports was the only thing I missed, but there have been ways around that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you can get a friend with basic cable to make you an email account then you'll have all the spurs games covered. Fox sports go has most of the games and the same pass will work for the games on the TNT site and watchespn
    When you sign in with your provider I'm pretty sure it checks if the channel you're trying to stream is included in your TV package though.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you're stuck with cable/satellite service
    over-the-air broadcast HD is free.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    over-the-air broadcast HD is free.
    I'm aware of that. Only 13 games will be broadcast over the air though. Like I said in the OP, if you want to watch your Spurs game in HD, you're subscribing to a TV service.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Amazon fire stick + kodi... anything I could ever want to watch.

I do still subscribe to Netflix and Hulu, but haven't had cable for a couple years. Sports was the only thing I missed, but there have been ways around that.

I got got one of these bad boys a couple of weeks ago. It's been well worth the small price I paid for it. Watched that mmgay last night. Watched a few movies and already found all of our favorite shows and added to a favorites list. I downloaded the nba app for it and live Spurs games and replays in hd!

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't pick up (ex: Spurs on TNT)
    can't get ANY NBA playoffs over-the-air, except the Finals which I think are still ABC.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    for now, I am cutting uverse TV tomorrow. will keep uverse internet service. today I bought a 50 mile HD antenna for local stations, and a Roku2 for all the streaming apps.

I'm already a member of netflix and amazon prime. Today I added Showtime Anytime to my Prime account for $8.99 a month. Will add Sling TV streaming for many of the "basic cable" live channels, including TNT and ESPN ($20 a month). Will add HBO streaming before GoT resumes.

So I will get any spurs games on local KENS channel 5, and national games on TNT and ESPN. Also will get whatever few games are on local Fox channel KMYS.

for FSSW spurs games, I will just have to live stream on my computer if I want to watch them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    for now, I am cutting uverse TV tomorrow. will keep uverse internet service. today I bought a 50 mile HD antenna for local stations, and a Roku2 for all the streaming apps.

I'm already a member of netflix and amazon prime. Today I added Showtime Anytime to my Prime account for $8.99 a month. Will add Sling TV streaming for many of the "basic cable" live channels, including TNT and ESPN ($20 a month). Will add HBO streaming before GoT resumes.

So I will get any spurs games on local KENS channel 5, and national games on TNT and ESPN. Also will get whatever few games are on local Fox channel KMYS.

for FSSW spurs games, I will just have to live stream on my computer if I want to watch them.
    Is AT&T the only ISP you have? They're ing terrible, if you can switch to ANYONE you should cut that too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll show you how to watch games in hd..however...they won't be your local broadcasters sometimes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nbastreams/ for 720 to 1080p streams

You're welcome mother ers!
    This is a very good link right here incase anyone skipped over it, it's a bunch of Indians streaming their own ballstreams account, and they're on top of that if the links go down. Its better quality than watchespn

Thanks ~O~

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When you sign in with your provider I'm pretty sure it checks if the channel you're trying to stream is included in your TV package though.
    Is FSSW, TNT, ESPN on the basic cable or expanded basic packages in SA?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I checked previously, and U200 was the bottom tier that included FSSW. Still expensive.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is AT&T the only ISP you have? They're ing terrible, if you can switch to ANYONE you should cut that too.
    I don't disagree. The other night I was trying to watch a few youtube videos, and every one stopped and buffered every few seconds.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    For DirecTV Fox Sports SW is available on the middle of the 5 tiers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    On TWC all the Spurs games are on the Standard tier package.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    TWC ain't too hot either. I'm supposed to have up to 50mb down and there huge fluctuations in speed/performance, especially during peek hours. I live far enough north to get GVTC, so I might try that out eventually. At least that's fiber.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    TWC ain't too hot either. I'm supposed to have up to 50mb down and there huge fluctuations in speed/performance, especially during peek hours. I live far enough north to get GVTC, so I might try that out eventually. At least that's fiber.
    Get on their ass if you are having problems. Maybe they need to rewire your or something. TWC is about 10-15 more per month than Grande's Internet, but mine is always 4 mbps faster than advertised, no matter time of day. Send a PM to illusioNtEk, he'll get your complaint handled promptly.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've thought about cutting cable, but really it's not that expensive. There are better ways to save a little extra money.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    been wanting to drop cable (I have Uverse 450), it's getting very pricey. I mostly watch streaming anyway... I have netflix and amazon prime.

The only thing holding me back is spurs games.

I'm not sure how to watch, or what I need to stream fox sports sw spurs games on my TV. I don't want delayed streaming from FSSW, and if I get NBA TV, won't spurs be blocked since I live in S.A. ?

and I don't want to watch games on my computer.
    I've been considering giving up on cable, but not sure if I want to mess with online to find access to shows.

What will you use for your internet service?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Get on their ass if you are having problems. Maybe they need to rewire your or something. TWC is about 10-15 more per month than Grande's Internet, but mine is always 4 mbps faster than advertised, no matter time of day. Send a PM to illusioNtEk, he'll get your complaint handled promptly.
    This is true. If your cables are old or damaged it can really affect performance -- or the signal for your whole house might just be out of operating range for some reason. A lot of modems allow you to see signal levels when you log into them so you can check for yourself. TWC has its own customer forum where people go as in-depth on this crap as anyone could stand. DSL Reports has one as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I installed Kodi last night to see if it could be a potential replacement for TV.. Pretty much all the TV and movie streams I found on Fusion and Repo are ty quality even though the ones I'm clicking are labeled as 1080p..

Thread Information