Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    why you challenge that when he's clearly short anyway? It looked identical to the Calvin Johnson/Dez catches, so yeah, it's a catch, but why challenge when you're just gonna punt either way?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    rams seem to have the bears D totally figured out. this games over

bears offense was abysmally conservative for the first 2.5 quarters and the defense got gassed. rams have had the ball for 25 minutes and still a full quarter to go

chicago was clearly scared of ramsey, he just followed arob around all game and bears refused to challenge him whatsoever
    Ramsey has played outstanding since about the 3rd quarter of the Buffalo game, which they won outside of the refs giving trash tebow foodstamps

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    what a dumb decision to go for it on your own 30

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    why you challenge that when he's clearly short anyway? It looked identical to the Calvin Johnson/Dez catches, so yeah, it's a catch, but why challenge when you're just gonna punt either way?
    So they could turn it over on downs with yet another putrid offensive call.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So they could turn it over on downs with yet another putrid offensive call.
    the pitch back to the short/narrow side of the field (relative to where you're snapping the ball; for example, the left side on that play when you're snapping from the left hash) is easily THE WORST short yardage play in football tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    NFC Best just continues to best

It's really too bad the 49ers didn't beat the Eagles like they were supposed to.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    3rd and goal and you use Graham as a blocker instead of as a receiver.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    That Bears defense is too good. With a bit more imagination and courage on the offensive schemes, they should make the playoffs, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Eddie Jackson is always the guy for the Bears on defense who scores

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That Bears defense is too good. With a bit more imagination and courage on the offensive schemes, they should make the playoffs, tbh.
    all they need to do is beat green gay twice and they're contenders, tbh.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Lmaoooo

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    The Rams uniform looks awesome tbh

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Green Bay in first all by themselves
    Gotta get the o line healthy

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bears are a QB away tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bears should trade 3 firsts to GB for Rodgers so GB can move on to the Love era

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Never seen a punter kick it like that rams punter for the pooch kick

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Never seen a punter kick it like that rams punter for the pooch kick
    The pooch punt was a thang around the mid 2000s

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    bears playcaller should jump tbh

not that they're overly talented but seems like the coaches are on a mission to keep them from being productive

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    bears playcaller should jump tbh

not that they're overly talented but seems like the coaches are on a mission to keep them from being productive
    Their offensive line is atrocious. Left to right.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    and trubisky is better than this version of foles

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    and trubisky is better than this version of foles
    I don't know why going back and forth with QBs on any given game and sometimes even on the same game isn't a thing, tbh. If the starter is playing poorly, just try the backup and see if he can give you a change of pace. Obviously I'm not proposing this strategy for teams that have elite QBs, but when your QBs are even and you are struggling on a particular game, just make the change. I don't understand this logic of being overly patient of benching a starting QB because once you bench him you can never go back. Where in the rulebook says that if you bench a guy you can't put him back in the next week (or even later on the same game)? Maybe it is because I'm not from the US and follow many different sports, but the NFL seems too stuck on its ways sometimes and some of them don't make much sense, tbh.

For example, another thing I don't understand is why teams don't use more laterals after forward passes. The day an NFL head coach is open minded enough to hire a rugby coach to teach some rugby passing techniques and implements it on his game scheme, he will break the game. It is really not that difficult to pass and catch laterals without fumbling the ball, tbh. I'm not saying to use it as a base offense, but as the ocassional trick play here and there it would be killer.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    if foles is just gonna sit there and take sacks on 4th down, id rather have biscuit try to scramble

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    I don't know why going back and forth with QBs on any given game and sometimes even on the same game isn't a thing, tbh. If the starter is playing poorly, just try the backup and see if he can give you a change of pace. Obviously I'm not proposing this strategy for teams that have elite QBs, but when your QBs are even and you are struggling on a particular game, just make the change. I don't understand this logic of being overly patient of benching a starting QB because once you bench him you can never go back. Where in the rulebook says that if you bench a guy you can't put him back in the next week (or even later on the same game)? Maybe it is because I'm not from the US and follow many different sports, but the NFL seems too stuck on its ways sometimes and some of them don't make much sense, tbh.

For example, another thing I don't understand is why teams don't use more laterals after forward passes. The day an NFL head coach is open minded enough to hire a rugby coach to teach some rugby passing techniques and implements it on his game scheme, he will break the game. It is really not that difficult to pass and catch laterals without fumbling the ball, tbh. I'm not saying to use it as a base offense, but as the ocassional trick play here and there it would be killer.
    DAF-look up Boise State versus Oklahoma hook and ladder-what an amazing college game that was

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    DAF-look up Boise State versus Oklahoma hook and ladder-what an amazing college game that was
    That's exactly the I'm talking about. I don't know why NFL teams don't design and use more plays like that. With enough practice it really isn't as risky as some might believe.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

Yeah I think it should be done a little more as a trick play, but I don't really see it being coordinated successfully for anything deeper than 10 yards. However, to put a spark in a struggling offense, something like hitting a WR on a shallow drag and then having the running back follow him out of the backfield for a backward lateral could be a nice 10-20 yard play tbh imho

Thread Information