Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs made mistakes. Do you think they acknowledge that and are they making changes (how they handle things within the org) based off that fact?
    With Pop and his out of control ego in charge? Not likely.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s been done. Move to Toronto if you people are so worried.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pm me timvp. I’m a steel trap, you know this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might write something in the next few days if I feel like it but it's not going to be anything too earth shattering, tbh. Not going to go into full details. It wouldn't do the Spurs any good to expose everything ... and I'm a Spurs fan before anything, tbh.

Safe to say Spurs made their fair share of mistakes and didn't handle things well in retrospect...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My analogy from what I know: SA (the wife) made Kawhi (the husband) mad. Some legit reasons but nothing malicious. A symptom of being frustrated. After realizing this the wife (SA) tried to make amends and any reasonable person without an agenda looking for an “excuse “ would have been able to move past it. Instead? The husband (Kawhi and his camp) took being mad to the extreme and used being mad to full on cheat on their wife.

The husband had every right to be mad but instead of forgiving and seeing the wife make an effort it was an excuse to do what you kind of wanted to do all along. Cheat.

Dpg shut the up, you don’t know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang called out by the best. It was a good run. Logging off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real loser here are the fans. Spurs can always moves on and hopes to get another gem - but it's not like it's gonna happen magically. So safe to say the Spurs can be mediocre or pretender team moving forward, could take decades. Just a feel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs made mistakes. Do you think they acknowledge that and are they making changes (how they handle things within the org) based off that fact?
    lol it’s way too late for that . We let a generational player walk, sent him to a team we thought he would languish on, and he delivered a championship immediately. Spurs blew it, Kawhi turned us in to fools

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang called out by the best. It was a good run. Logging off.
    Hats off to you, dip .

Jk i angel_lov u

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real loser here are the fans. Spurs can always moves on and hopes to get another gem - but it's not like it's gonna happen magically. So safe to say the Spurs can be mediocre or pretender team moving forward, could take decades. Just a feel.
    Spurs might start a lineup next year where only 1 out of 5 can shoot the 3. I think we should all know where that's going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hearts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs might start a lineup next year where only 1 out of 5 can shoot the 3. I think we should all know where that's going.
    Yeah but LMA and DeMar are practicing their three point shots at 30+ years old. Let’s all rely on that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And will play 4 guards in the lineup and a forward as center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but LMA and DeMar are practicing their three point shots at 30+ years old. Let’s all rely on that.
    Brook Lopez made three 3pt in his first eight seasons in the league and is now making almost three per 36 minutes now. Pau led the league in 3pt% a few years ago.

With the work, you can develop a three ball if you have a base to start with. I just think LMA and Demar are too stubborn to. Demar is the real clog in spacing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let’s say it ALWAYS was the lack of trust about the injury for why kawhi wanted out.
    Then why only say you want to go to L.A? Yes it’s your home town but like 98% of NBA players play on a team that was not originally their hometown.

Why did his group continue to give false dates on when kawhi was going to return? Kept pump faking the spurs as Michael c Wright said. Which ended up being the most frustrating part for the players based on what Manu said last year.

i kept hearing that Pop wanted to shut kawhi down for the year but kawhi wanted to keep rehabbing in hopes of returning, is that true? If so, how would this be a lack of trust?

We kept hearing that the relationship started changing after Kawhi changed agents which was like 2, 3 years ago. Was a trade request imminent regardless of what had happened last year because of this. Because of the agency his uncle wants to create.

Why no 1 on 1 meeting with Pop during the summer?

it seemed like the Supermax was the last thing on kawhis mind, but maybe it wasn’t. Did this play a huge role in him leaving? But again, why be a and screw the spurs and say only L.A.

We heard so many conflicting reports it’s mind numbing to try to figure out what’s true and what’s false. First supposedly kawhi says he would do anything for the players but it’s the organization that’s treating him bad or something to that nature. And that was said during the player only meeting. But then we hear that it’s the players causing him grief and that he still loves Pop but just couldn’t be in SA anymore because of Spurs players. But now it seems like he didn’t like Pop very much with some comments made throughout the season. but thats just trying to read between the lines on what kawhi has said in recent interviews.

i still believe it has MOSTLY to do with Uncle Dennis and Spurs front office clashing heads. And as soon as he felt disrespected, all it takes is for him to tell his nephew that the Spurs are not treating him fairly, or with respect.

Uncle wanted more control (look at the All star incident in New Orleans where uncle is saying spurs are being too demanding) Uncle demanded certain things from the spurs but didn’t get them so it got ugly.

40% of the Raptors championship starting lineup were molded by the spurs. To say that the Spurs did not have their future franchise player best interest in mind when dealing with this injury situation seems absurd. Pop claimed kawhi to be the best player in the world back in 2017 so I’m pretty sure he knows to take care of him just like he took care of timmy after he went down in 2000 and wanted to comeback to play in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brook Lopez made three 3pt in his first eight seasons in the league and is now making almost three per 36 minutes now. Pau led the league in 3pt% a few years ago.

With the work, you can develop a three ball if you have a base to start with. I just think LMA and Demar are too stubborn to. Demar is the real clog in spacing.
    I get it but Brook Lopez just hangs outs at the three point line while Giannis sucks in the defense. LMA and DeMar are our focal points and need the ball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let’s say it ALWAYS was the lack of trust about the injury for why kawhi wanted out.
    Then why only say you want to go to L.A? Yes it’s your home town but like 98% of NBA players play on a team that was not originally their hometown.

Why did his group continue to give false dates on when kawhi was going to return? Kept pump faking the spurs as Michael c Wright said. Which ended up being the most frustrating part for the players based on what Manu said last year.

i kept hearing that Pop wanted to shut kawhi down for the year but kawhi wanted to keep rehabbing in hopes of returning, is that true? If so, how would this be a lack of trust?

We kept hearing that the relationship started changing after Kawhi changed agents which was like 2, 3 years ago. Was a trade request imminent regardless of what had happened last year because of this. Because of the agency his uncle wants to create.

Why no 1 on 1 meeting with Pop during the summer?

it seemed like the Supermax was the last thing on kawhis mind, but maybe it wasn’t. Did this play a huge role in him leaving? But again, why be a and screw the spurs and say only L.A.

We heard so many conflicting reports it’s mind numbing to try to figure out what’s true and what’s false. First supposedly kawhi says he would do anything for the players but it’s the organization that’s treating him bad or something to that nature. And that was said during the player only meeting. But then we hear that it’s the players causing him grief and that he still loves Pop but just couldn’t be in SA anymore because of Spurs players. But now it seems like he didn’t like Pop very much with some comments made throughout the season. but thats just trying to read between the lines on what kawhi has said in recent interviews.

i still believe it has MOSTLY to do with Uncle Dennis and Spurs front office clashing heads. And as soon as he felt disrespected, all it takes is for him to tell his nephew that the Spurs are not treating him fairly, or with respect.

Uncle wanted more control (look at the All star incident in New Orleans where uncle is saying spurs are being too demanding) Uncle demanded certain things from the spurs but didn’t get them so it got ugly.

40% of the Raptors championship starting lineup were molded by the spurs. To say that the Spurs did not have their future franchise player best interest in mind when dealing with this injury situation seems absurd. Pop claimed kawhi to be the best player in the world back in 2017 so I’m pretty sure he knows to take care of him just like he took care of timmy after he went down in 2000 and wanted to comeback to play in the playoffs.
    this. For all the misgivings about Pop, no one can ever question about his priority toward's his players health. If not, how could it even be possible for Duncan, Ginobili and even Parker play for so long and at a high level until their late 30s. If they were with other teams their career would have ended much earlier (considering all the injuries they piled up over their nba career).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get it but Brook Lopez just hangs outs at the three point line while Giannis sucks in the defense. LMA and DeMar are our focal points and need the ball.
    You can be a focal point on offense and still occasionally be a spot up shooter. Milwaukee is a special case because Giannis might be one of the biggest liabilities from outside the paint besides Simmons.

All you need Demar and LMA to do is shoot 35% on spot up attempts, and take more. Anything to improve spacing. Don’t need them to become anything more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line, somewhere PATFO dropped the ball and were scrambling at the end to get save the relationship.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can be a focal point on offense and still occasionally be a spot up shooter. Milwaukee is a special case because Giannis might be one of the biggest liabilities from outside the paint besides Simmons.

All you need Demar and LMA to do is shoot 35% on spot up attempts, and take more. Anything to improve spacing. Don’t need them to become anything more
    LaMarcus shoots that percentage easily, it's about Pop not running plays to have him shoot 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might write something in the next few days if I feel like it but it's not going to be anything too earth shattering, tbh. Not going to go into full details. It wouldn't do the Spurs any good to expose everything ... and I'm a Spurs fan before anything, tbh.

Safe to say Spurs made their fair share of mistakes and didn't handle things well in retrospect...
    Can't wait to read it if you decide to write it. As much detail as possible would be appreciated.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Trill Clinton is the only spurs insider on spurstalk i trust to tell it like it is...........lj is too passive to divulge the hurtful truth

Thread Information