Page 863 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 3637638138538598608618628638648658668678739139631363 ... LastLast
Results 21,551 to 21,575 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't:

The total number of excess deaths (deaths above average levels) from January 26 through October 3 ranged from a low of approximately 841 in the youngest age group (<25 years) to a high of 94,646 among adults aged 75–84 years.§§ However, the average percentage change in deaths over this period compared with previous years was largest for adults aged 25–44 years (26.5%) (Figure 2). Overall, numbers of deaths among persons aged <25 years were 2.0% below average,¶¶ and among adults aged 45–64, 65–74 years, 75–84, and ≥85 years were 14.4%, 24.1%, 21.5%, and 14.7% above average, respectively.
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm

Nor is this:

Between March 1 and August 1, 2020, 1 336 561 deaths occurred in the US, a 20% increase over expected deaths
    Of the 225 530 excess deaths, 150 541 (67%) were attributed to COVID-19. Joinpoint analyses revealed an increase in deaths attributed to causes other than COVID-19, with 2 reaching statistical significance. US mortality rates for heart disease increased between weeks ending March 21 and April 11 (APC, 5.1 [95% CI, 0.2-10.2]), driven by the spring surge in COVID-19 cases. Mortality rates for Alzheimer disease/dementia increased twice, between weeks ending March 21 and April 11 (APC, 7.3 [95% CI, 2.9-11.8]) and between weeks ending June 6 and July 25 (APC, 1.5 [95% CI, 0.8-2.3]), the latter coinciding with the summer surge in sunbelt states.
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...b-2cc3c20a94b7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those numbers have been debunked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show us where, profe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The studies I linked were published after the Principia Scientifica article, how can it be accurate at all to say the CDC and JAMA studies were debunked when they were not even addressed? Hand waving about comorbidities doesn't get you past the finish line.

Let's stipulate, arguendo, that you're a hemophiliac and that I have a large knife. If I stab you and you bleed out, the proper cause of death is hemophilia, right?
    Last edited by Winehole23; 10-30-2020 at 03:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show us where, profe.
    You can watch this if you don't like reading

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can watch this if you don't like reading

I read the article, thanks. It's more argumentative than analytical, tbh.

For example, this bit of fiat reasoning right at the beginning. Fine and well to say SARS-CoV-2 is not a new pathogen and isn't proven to cause disease, but to do so without offering support, or pointing out how the existing studies saying it is a novel pathogen and does sicken and kill people are wrong, gives the article away as pure BS

But the consensus narrative has been to downplay these confounding factors and place the emphasis on a coronavirus which has not yet been clinically isolated and proven as a new pathogen in science.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The video is quite informative. You might learn something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The video is quite informative. You might learn something.
    Can you summarize it?

Otherwise it's impossible for anyone to tell whether you read or understood your source.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you summarize it?

Otherwise it's impossible for anyone to tell whether you read or understood your source.
    It's a 3 minute video.

Watch it or stay in the dark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a 3 minute video.

Watch it or stay in the dark.
    You can't summarize your own source. That's just pitiful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You hate to see it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you summarize it?

Why should I summarize it for you? You are rude and condescending, and show no pliability. What do I have to gain since I have nothing to prove to you?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have turned the corner according to fat orange survivor.
    So that corner was an explosion of new cases.

Cool.

Waiting the magical disappearance of the virus next.
    Next was not given a time frame, eventually can actually take time.
    The orange intellectual sloth had no idea this could actually hurt his chances to win as an in bent.
    BClinton, George w, Obama all head slapping the political prowess of 4d chess.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why should I summarize it for you? You are rude and condescending, and show no pliability. What do I have to gain since I have nothing to prove to you?
    With your posting, the bolded is an involuntary response.
    You go so low the probability of descending is a given.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris telling others they're condescending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

link got blocked
    Not the same numbers, and "link got blocked" because fake news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just needs an upgrade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why should I summarize it for you?
    You might draw the sympathy and understanding of others. You might persuade me too.

You are rude and condescending...
    Sorry I hurt your feelings, you sure have thin skin for someone who trolls and abuses other posters on the reg. What specifically did I say that offended you?

...and show no pliability.
    Believe it or not, I pay attention to other viewpoints and I do accept correction from other posters here. If you don't want to persuade anyone else, that's your business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lord Monckton, OMFG its THAT loon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Monckton Bunkum series by potholer54

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To get States and localities to work on this together to prevent the spread.
    Its called a coordinated response from the UNITED States.
    You mean like an agency that states respect and follow? We could call it the Centers for Disease Control.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't, the states have to buy in.

The federal government sets guidelines and coordinates with states to meet them, like we've done in the past. Cooperation, not dirgisme. The feds can't force the states to do anything, but it can help provide the things the states need to fight a pandemic: consistent messaging from public health authorities (admittedly difficult with a novel pathogen we still don't know everything about), logistical planning, PPE, diagnostic testing, contact tracing, R&D for vaccines and theraputics and financial help for states and hospitals. Rent/mortgage and debt moratoriums and unemployment insurance help to buffer economic damage and social dislocation. Paying people to stay home, like they're doing in Canada and the EU, is another smart policy.

States can't deficit spend, so there's at least one strong financial incentive for states to accept federal help. Letting states fight a pandemic like COVID-19 on their own dime eventually involves public layoffs and diminished services. The people get less back for what they pay in taxes, and it's a drag on economic growth. So, there are a couple of political incentives for states to play ball. It seems worth mentioning in passing that uncontrolled pandemics are economically damaging all by themselves, exclusive of mitigation.

There's no need to invent the wheel, the CDC might still be the world's greatest public health bureaucracy, if allowed to do its job. Plenty of untapped ins utional knowledge there, pity it got subordinated to the political needs of Trump/Pence 2020.
    You expect 50 different governments to volunteer to follow a central federally driven agency?

Ideologue solutions aren't actually solutions. They are just wishes. As long as there are two parties fighting for power over federal funds, there will always be incentive based directives that states have the freedom to choose (poor states) or ignore (more self sufficient states).

So after all this bloviating about federal responsibility, it really isn't under federal control. Why all the bull ?
    Last edited by DMC; 10-30-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is just a ty leader.

His supporters don't want to admit it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monckton Bunkum series by potholer54
    potholer is one of my favs. I am quite familiar, that is how I recogized the name.

Anything that moron touches is almost certainly horse , and should be treated with a mile-high pile of skepticism and fact-checking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More bot-like behavior.

Thread Information