Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016...thunder-game-5

So the Spurs were on multiple wrong calls in two separate close games. When the Spurs could have already won the series in 5 games, or perhaps up 3-2, but the league just loves to screw the Spurs and make them like it.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Stop crying you little .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you catch the biting on his limp tongue again... lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop crying you little .
    I would have thought ESPN would rejoin over this. I doubt they are crying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you catch the biting on his limp tongue again... lol.
    Seriously, no idea what you are talking about.

Is it one of the events that happened in Naruto? Which episode was it. Did it have to do with the nine tailed dragon?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Only pussies & assholes play the officiating card

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    2006 Mavs-Spurs series says "Hi": http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...70#post8582570

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stop crying you little .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with other posters that there's not much to complain about. These calls got as much publicity as they could get. If it were the Mavs or the Lakers, no one would have cared because one has the lottery blues and the other is a fringe playoff team that wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That should have been a technical on Ginobili for stepping over the line while Waiters was trying to inbound the ball even before Waiters created space with his elbow.

That was the first non call of the last 13 seconds. Plus, you had Kiwi pulling Westbrook's jersey and Mills holding Adams.

So yeah, cry some more about ref treatment, got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    elbow is an elbow dude, its more of a call then a foot on the line lol. the other holds shouldn't count either way just saying. so yeah and don't call people gots your probably a grown man with no respect, but wouldn't surprise me if your 10 years old tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    elbow is an elbow dude, its more of a call then a foot on the line lol. the other holds shouldn't count either way just saying. so yeah and don't call people gots your probably a grown man with no respect, but wouldn't surprise me if your 10 years old tbh
    That should have been a technical on Ginobili for stepping over the line while Waiters was trying to inbound the ball even before Waiters created space with his elbow.

That was the first non call of the last 13 seconds. Plus, you had Kiwi pulling Westbrook's jersey and Mills holding Adams.

So yeah, cry some more about ref treatment, got.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

got

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The major problem with the logic is that in neither case can you assume the Spurs still win.

In game 2, even with the blown offensive foul call, the Spurs ended up stealing the pass and had Ginobili with the ball at the rim AND THEN had a fairly good look at a three pointer. Ginobili not taking the ball right at the rim for a lay-up or foul but opting for a three pointer (or any long jumper for that matter) when the Spurs were only down 1 point was as egregious a mistake by Ginobili as any missed call by the refs. That missed foul call didn't really hurt them because they stole it and still had a chance to win.

The other night, even if they missed the Kawhi foul, the error on the Spurs part was LaMarcus not making sure Westbrook DID NOT finish that lay-up. He had to play THROUGH the whistle and make for damn sure he doesn't get an and-one in that situation. And even with all of that, if they did call the foul, OKC would still likely be up three points with two Westbrook free throws. Again, you cannot assume the Spurs tie the ball game up down three points with 6 seconds left.

In both cases, the Spurs are still in losing position with only a "chance" to tie or win. In either scenario with the blown calls, you CANNOT assume the Spurs score to tie or win. You just can't. So they didn't get screwed out of wins. There is a mild argument they got screwed out of a "chance" to stay in each of the games. And in both situations, Spurs players made basketball IQ errors that had as much to do with losing than any blown or missed call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the NBA in general. They make calls like they order takeout, and its all against the defense. It makes the game almost un-watchable unless you like to watch a game of HORSE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The major problem with the logic is that in neither case can you assume the Spurs still win.

In game 2, even with the blown offensive foul call, the Spurs ended up stealing the pass and had Ginobili with the ball at the rim AND THEN had a fairly good look at a three pointer. Ginobili not taking the ball right at the rim for a lay-up or foul but opting for a three pointer (or any long jumper for that matter) when the Spurs were only down 1 point was as egregious a mistake by Ginobili as any missed call by the refs. That missed foul call didn't really hurt them because they stole it and still had a chance to win.

The other night, even if they missed the Kawhi foul, the error on the Spurs part was LaMarcus not making sure Westbrook DID NOT finish that lay-up. He had to play THROUGH the whistle and make for damn sure he doesn't get an and-one in that situation. And even with all of that, if they did call the foul, OKC would still likely be up three points with two Westbrook free throws. Again, you cannot assume the Spurs tie the ball game up down three points with 6 seconds left.

In both cases, the Spurs are still in losing position with only a "chance" to tie or win. In either scenario with the blown calls, you CANNOT assume the Spurs score to tie or win. You just can't. So they didn't get screwed out of wins. There is a mild argument they got screwed out of a "chance" to stay in each of the games. And in both situations, Spurs players made basketball IQ errors that had as much to do with losing than any blown or missed call.
    Agreed, and that is why ....

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016...thunder-game-5

So the Spurs were on multiple wrong calls in two separate close games. When the Spurs could have already won the series in 5 games, or perhaps up 3-2, but the league just loves to screw the Spurs and make them like it.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Or be in the same exact 2-3 situation they are in now.

As I mentioned, by errors on their own part, regardless of missed calls, they are in this situation.

So no one screwed them. No one liked to screw them but themselves.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I dont get the premise.
    I am not sure I have seen any fanbase of a winning team (Pats in recent years are close)
    Whine more about officiating, conspiracies to prevent them from winning (which obviously has not worked)

If the league conspires against the spurs for big market teams/stars ... wouldnt they have to have sided WITH them for them to ring 5 times?

Or are the Spurs the only team that is able to overcome crooked and shoddy officiating?
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 05-12-2016 at 09:13 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or be in the same exact 2-3 situation they are in now.

As I mentioned, by errors on their own part, regardless of missed calls, they are in this situation.

So no one screwed them. No one liked to screw them but themselves.
    Incorrect logic. They could have won despite the calls against them, but they were in fact screwed by the league through the form of multiple incorrect calls that tips the odds against them, and the league admitted as such.

The murder victim wasn't really could have lived, it's really his own fault that he got in that area and encountered a deranged killer. Despite the killer pulling the trigger, the victim could have dodged those bullets so he wasn't killed, he could have just been seriously hurt and made it through. In other words, the killer didn't really screw the victim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont get the premise.
    I am not sure I have seen any fanbase of a winning team (Pats in recent years are close)
    Whine more about officiating, conspiracies to prevent them from inning (which obviously has not worked)

If the league conspires against the spurs wouldnt they have to have sided WITH them for them to ring 5 times?

Or are the Spurs the only team that is able to overcome crooked and shoddy officiating?
    Multiple issues with this post.

a) which fan base whines more is a purely objective measure, and yet you are not able to provide any evidence whatsoever
    b) just because the Spurs won didn't mean they weren't on the wrong end of the call that robs them of real chances of winning. Like JamStone mentioned, despite those calls, the Spurs still could've won. They won some and lost others
    c) No, there are multiple teams that overcome shoddy officiating (Kings and Blazers haven't since 1977). The fact that the Spurs won despite shoddy officiating doesn't make them the only team to do so.
    d) This is an article from ESPN, so if you want to say ESPN is a Spurs fan, or is a representation of the entire Spurs fanbase, go ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The entire USA says hi. *cough* 1972 Olympics

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Incorrect logic. They could have won despite the calls against them, but they were in fact screwed by the league through the form of multiple incorrect calls that tips the odds against them, and the league admitted as such.

The murder victim wasn't really could have lived, it's really his own fault that he got in that area and encountered a deranged killer. Despite the killer pulling the trigger, the victim could have dodged those bullets so he wasn't killed, he could have just been seriously hurt and made it through. In other words, the killer didn't really screw the victim.
    First ...huh? ..at that convoluted analogy.
    What about the calls the league have admitted they missed on the Spurs?
    Is OKC getting "screwed" as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First ...huh? ..at that convoluted analogy.
    What about the calls the league have admitted they missed on the Spurs?
    Is OKC getting "screwed" as well?
    You agree that was convoluted? Good, because that's the same logic used by JamStone.

And whenever the league miss important calls that impact the ending of games, they screwed someone.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The first missed call DID NOT tip the odds against them because they stole the ball and had a chance to win the game regardless. That missed call did not impact their chance to win the game.

The second missed call did hurt them, but all that needed to happen was LaMarcus making sure Westbrook didn't finish, and it was the same result as Kawhi fouling him. Same exact result with a fraction of a second less time. Something 6.7 seconds instead of 6 seconds. Whatever. So that missed call only hurt them because LaMarcus did not play through to the whistle. Their own fault.

Your analogy doesn't work because those missed calls were NOT the direct reason the Spurs lost. The analogy is better if the deranged killer pulled the trigger, the victim dodged the bullets, and then while running away safely, he trips over his own feet and falls on his own switchblade knife that he did not fold correctly and kills himself. In other words, the victim screwed himself.

Thread Information