Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA frustrated me more than I can remember this game. We could have won that game. DD, White, Murray all had surges of points. Gay was given us a steady amount of baskets. We really needed LMA to be the rock of offense. He didn't post up, he didn't rebound. He was okay contesting shots. It was a bad performance. Their role players were hitting shots. Ours weren't, and yet with LMA playing like a turd, it was tied game with a few minutes left. FFS LMA.

Also, on Pop. This was game Carroll had to play. Our role players weren't hitting their shots. He should have played Caroll and Gay together, then let DD bully the guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray showed promise and I hope DW is alright. We had our chances and blew it. On to Atlanta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me guess, he’s being snarky with reporters again when he half asses his job on a nightly basis.
    Yup, he's doing the whole "calm down it's just a game!" Shtick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar needs to be traded and you’re on some if you don’t think this lakers team is an actual contender.
    hey if we can get something for Demar Im all for it but until then I'm gonna support EVERYBODY on the team, and for the lakers let's see them actually make the playoffs before we call them contenders, you can count on Anthony Davis getting hurt at some point

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything about this team except for Murray is crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty sad when your starting 6'11" player gets out-rebounded by the PG and DeRozan.

If you go back and look at that game, the Spurs tied it up and it was LMA with his head up his ass that lost the Spurs 2-3 loose balls and turned the tide back to the Lakers. He was complacent for most of the game, but there was absolutely no sense of urgency down the stretch.
    He probably realizes he's no longer the best player on the team and doesn't know how to play around that just like he couldn't when Load Management was a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything about this team except for Murray is crap.
    White, Gay and Carroll (if used on the perimeter) are good, Aldridge unfortunately doesn't give a , Demar even with his talent for stats has a very low Qi to be a star with positive impact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were down 19 at one point and battled back, and honestly could’ve won the game if KCP doesn’t have a career game against us and Pop doesn’t sub out DJ with 3 min left (goddammit Pop). I give them props for that.

With that said, this game was frustrating. I knew Patty and Bryn would struggle tonight as they always do against good defensive teams with great length, as I stated in my pre-game post. I did not, however, expect Aldridge and DeRozan, our 2 Max players, to combine for 22 pts & 5 turnovers. That can’t happen. Those two have to be better.

I also didn’t expect Pop to think DeMar guarding AD in the post multiple times was a good idea. There was even one play where this occurred and it didn’t happen on a switch.. Ridiculous. KCP Having a career game against us also ed us too.

Oh well. Onto the next one. Hopefully Pop is better moving forward, though I doubt it. We meet the Lakers again in 3 weeks at their place, which will be even tougher to win of course.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 11-03-2019 at 10:04 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Vogel can coach defensive teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles just reminds me of one of those Nesterovic/Nazr types that would play next to Tim just to put a big body in the starting 5. Only difference is LMA is no Timmy, so Lyles doesn’t do anything noteworthy to me other than get rebounds.
    His defense has been surprisingly good too, imo. Surprisingly good IQ on offense too. I think he'll look a lot better when his three starts falling. Even if he shoots it in the ~30% range like he has in his worst years, that would still be a massive improvement over the 0fer he's shooting right now. If he get closer to the 40% range, like in his best years, he'll be real solid for us.

He's hit 1 shot outside of the paint all season long. That's already bad for a modern NBA starting lineup. Pairing that with non-shooters like DeJounte (still streaky) and the Depression is laughable. If ing LMA wasn't such a pussy on the boards, there'd be literally no need for Lyles to see minutes on this roster.
    He's still taking them and is still bringing his defender out. Don't think it's fair to compare him to guys who literally aren't guarded at the three point line.

I'd honestly be more worried if his shot was falling but he was looking weak in all other aspects. Law of averages says that his shot should eventually start falling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey man he has depression
    No he doesn't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were down 19 at one point and battled back, and honestly could’ve won the game if KCP doesn’t have a career game against us and Pop doesn’t sub out DJ with 3 min left (goddammit Pop). I give them props for that.

With that said, this game was frustrating. I knew Patty and Bryn would struggle tonight as they always do against good defensive teams with great length, as I stated in my pre-game post. I did not, however, expect Aldridge and DeRozan, our 2 Max players, to combine for 22 pts & 5 turnovers. That can’t happen. Those two have to be better.

I also didn’t expect Pop to think DeMar guarding AD in the post multiple times was a good idea. There wasn’t even one play where this occurred and it didn’t even happen on a switch.. Ridiculous. KCP Having a career game against us also ed us too.

Oh well. Onto the next one. Hopefully Pop is better moving forward, though I doubt it. We meet the Lakers again in 3 weeks at their place, which will be even tougher to win of course.
    The senile coach put Mills in Durant before. I wasn’t surprised at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of Pop and refuse to support his bull . I've missed like 80% of the games so far. I rather do other things.

Someone in the future PM me when he gets his head out of his ass this season and I'll watch again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was fine. He got a fast break dunk off a nice pass from Murray and he hit a jumper. I thought his D was solid. Probably deserved more minutes.
    LMFAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Vogel can coach defensive teams.
    The Spurs literally can't shoot the three (and also don't want to), not hard to defend a team like that tbh. If dwert plays like this every game and KCP isn't ass the rest of the season y'all might make it to the second round

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks that we lost but was a fairly entertaining game.

Apparently this is the youngest team of the Pop era. Which is a good sign as we can almost hang with the loaded Clippers and Lakers. Not sure LMA and DeRozan will be around, but team could have a bright future.
    Even in our championship years, teams had games where they hung with us... No one would ever think those teams were on the verge of being contenders... We are now those teams whose fans have false hope that we hung around with the big boys... We desperately need trades

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Demar is off he hurts the team in so many ways.

Look deeper he impedes the development of the spurs youth. Those guys are missing out on reps because Demar has to dominate the ball.

Rince and repeat. We will have this convo often this season.
    Yep!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh also, 6 games in now and the old hasn't even thought about challenging a foul call. Add that to the list, Sniffers!

I really hope one of these young guys pulls a Deron Williams/Jerry Sloan on the old man. It should have been Nephew but that autistic took the easier road.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White, Gay and Carroll (if used on the perimeter) are good, Aldridge unfortunately doesn't give a , Demar even with his talent for stats has a very low Qi to be a star with positive impact.
    That’s fair. Murray, Gay, White, and Carroll aren’t crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes and Mills went 1-12 combined from three. Gotta believe next time those shots fall and the Spurs can beat LA
    That's not how basketball works

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's an arrogant . Knows he's the GOAT, knows noone will question him so he does stupid that no other coach would ever do, or ever get away with so that he can show his "genius".
    This... He does the opposite of conventional wisdom to justify him being the GOAT... He wants to prove he wasn't just winning because of Duncan

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Spurs literally can't shoot the three (and also don't want to), not hard to defend a team like that tbh. If dwert plays like this every game and KCP isn't ass the rest of the season y'all might make it to the second round
    Thanks

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just noticed that LeBron had another triple double tonight. There's a good reason why the Lakers' role players were so good. Call LeBron washed up if you want, but he commands a lot of attention. I'd be happy if LMA would just pay attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh also, 6 games in now and the old hasn't even thought about challenging a foul call. Add that to the list, Sniffers!

I really hope one of these young guys pulls a Deron Williams/Jerry Sloan on the old man. It should have been Nephew but that autistic took the easier road.
    Might as well let Becky take over since Pop is all about being progressive. I highly doubt she can do a worse job than him at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the Lyles hate. I've liked him. -shrug-

Belli can GTFO though, obviously.
    Lyles has been horrible this season, especially defensively... And has been nonexistent offensively

Thread Information