Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw this about a week ago somewhere. His 21st season with one team breaks the record (or rather gives him sole possession of the record). I don't remember the order, but Stockton, Duncan, Kobe were in the top six.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty impressive. That's a record that will probably will never be broken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yah stat padding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keep cashing those cheques if cuban wants to continue to hand them out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim could have done 21 years if he wanted to. And that would've been fitting for #21. I always hoped he would do that

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban loves Dirk playing still. He can tank while still selling those high-priced tickets.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jim is unplayable in the current era. Even prime Jim would have to be benched vs State tbh imho.

If Dirk and Jim were both in their primes right now, Dirk would have been the superior and GOAT PF.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 08-02-2018 at 01:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jim is unplayable in the current era. Even prime Jim would have to be benched vs State tbh imho.

If Dirk and Jim were both in their primes right now, Dirk would have been the superior and GOAT PF.
    Using this reasoning...If Bird and Magic would be competing right now, Bird would eat Magic alive.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would Peja be GOAT period?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    yah stat padding.
    Maybe ShrimplyPibbles should chime in too.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Still more than competent to still be playing. Shot 40% from three. 18/8 per 36 minute production. And playing more center in this YMCA league where there are virtually no lowpost, backdown centers, his defense is less of an issue especially with the minutes he plays. And he accepts the shorter minutes and reduced role despite his efficiency. And he’s taken more and bigger paycuts these last few seasons than anyone I can remember, given his still very good production. The love of the game is strong in him.

Historically great player doing historically great things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Tim should ask Dork what it's like to miss the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This doesn't make sense at all, tbh.

First of all, the idea that Duncan would be unplayable on this era is just laughable.

But let's just play with it. If you say Duncan would be "unplayable" it would be because of his defense. The idea is that he would be too slow for today's NBA. If that was the case, then Dirk would be even more unplayable than Duncan, tbh. Duncan is ing Allen Iverson compared to Dirk in terms of quickness and lateral movement.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This doesn't make sense at all, tbh.

First of all, the idea that Duncan would be unplayable on this era is just laughable.

But let's just play with it. If you say Duncan would be "unplayable" it would be because of his defense. The idea is that he would be too slow for today's NBA. If that was the case, then Dirk would be even more unplayable than Duncan, tbh. Duncan is ing Allen Iverson compared to Dirk in terms of quickness and lateral movement.
    Even while having been out of the league for two whole seasons Duncan can still defend better than Dirk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even while having been out of the league for two whole seasons Duncan can still defend better than Dirk.
    Duncan's defense even when he was washed up was amazing. He had the ability to remain a step ahead of the opponent and figure out what they were going to do before they did it.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is .. not ... a good take

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan's defense even when he was washed up was amazing. He had the ability to remain a step ahead of the opponent and figure out what they were going to do before they did it.

Duncan studied most players tendencies and moves,true master of his craft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey maybe Dork and his idol can start a clothing company.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He actually played solid defense on every possession unlike other stat stuffers who won DPOYs.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

D Green making all types of defensive plays in a video about Duncan. Spurs should've shipped Patty instead of Green.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Hey maybe Dork and his idol can start a clothing company.
    you were so salty about me outing your alt that you CAME BACK to my post and replied to it for a second time NINE HOURS LATER

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to say duncan cant play in this era is laughable

look at the games vs small ball, spurs always throw out big line ups to pummel those small big lineups small ball...

98/99 td the slimmer version would destroy small ball today, more mobile could defend out onto the perimeter, remember when pop played drob/perdue/td same time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to say duncan cant play in this era is laughable

look at the games vs small ball, spurs always throw out big line ups to pummel those small big lineups small ball...

98/99 td the slimmer version would destroy small ball today, more mobile could defend out onto the perimeter, remember when pop played drob/perdue/td same time
    The league changed the rules after summer of '04 and Duncan still dominated the Suns when they went small. Like you said small ball line ups never worked against the Spurs during the Duncan era. Whenever the Spurs lost it was always to a team that went with big line ups ala Mavs with Dirk/Dampier/Diop and Lakers with Gasol/Odom.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    yah stat padding.
    I agree to some extent, but it’s not like Kobe and Jim were extremely valuable their last season on the court either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These guys are ticket sellers. Business is still the real motive of the game.

Thread Information