Post Count
    Not on my watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should be in their home countries instead of being brought illegally into this one. Of course your hyperbole is on full display. See above. So ICE should let these unaccompanied minors roam free? Is that your solution or are you just being a dip like always?
    More strawmen, like you can't help yourself. Either you are being an idiot, or dishonest, my guess is a mix of both.

We need better than cages for kids, yes. Roaming free would be irresponsible. Not advocating that either, but the nation that let's its president line his pockets with taxpayer funded junkets to his luxury resort, should be able to find the money for something better than this.

The policy of separating kids from their parents should stop, immediately. It's evil.

Do you always resort to dishonest strawmen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's another misleading image from you.

This is from June 2014 when Obama was president.
    I have said the policy is wrong, no matter which party is responsible for it, Obama included.

How exactly is this picture misleading, geenyus?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats fighting Trump and evil!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, here's the thing. Morality is, at least the non-obvious, decency issues, subjective. You're stating that your "take" on the issue is the definitive judgement on it and you're not any authority to say.

I don't think it "evil". It would only be evil if it was permanent and reunion with the family isn't being halted although the reunion location isn't where you would like it to be, which would be the reason they were separated in the first place.

I think it sucks, but it's the result of what happens when you do something wrong/illegal. It's cause and effect and it's the parents' fault the kids are taken away since they choose to put their kids in jeopardy.

You deny any self-accountability on these offenders and then find the end result to be "evil". You can feel how you wish, but the way you describe the penalty is just that- your description. But you personally judging it that way doesn't make it evil and doesn't make anyone less humane for agreeing with the end result and doesn't make you a person of higher moral fiber just because you see something that way.
    Seems like we need to agree on something approaching a definition of "evil" then.

What is your working definition?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    two corinthians

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hillary quoting scripture is just the bees knees

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would define evil as unnecessary harm.

In this case we have the harm of being forcefully separated from their parents. AMA is pretty clear on this.
    A policy of universally separating children from their parents or other caregivers entering U.S. borders “will do great harm” to children and could “create negative health impacts that will last an individual’s entire lifespan,” says a resolution whose recommendations were adopted at the 2018 AMA Annual Meeting in Chicago.

The resolution came in response to the Department of Homeland Security’s new policy referring all unlawful border crossers to the U.S. Department of Justice for prosecution. The policy makes no exception for parents or caregivers seeking asylum from persecution who enter with children, according to the resolution.

The children are then treated as unaccompanied minors, separated from their parents or caregivers and sent to facilities administered by the federal government. The policy of separating children from their caregivers “only serves to dramatically exacerbate” the stress that families seeking refuge in the U.S. are already experiencing, the resolution says.

“Children leaving the chaos of their home countries should not be further traumatized by the U.S. government policy of separating children from their caregiver,” said AMA Board Member Bobby Mukkamala, MD. “It’s inhumane and risks scarring children for the rest of their lives.”

The AMA House of Delegates adopted new policy for the AMA to:

Oppose the practice of separating migrating children from their caregivers in the absence of immediate physical or emotional threats to the child’s well-being.
    Delegates also directed the AMA to:

Urge the federal government to withdraw its policy of requiring separation of migrating children from their caregivers, and instead, give priority to supporting families and protecting the health and well-being of the children within those families.
    Read more news coverage from the 2018 AMA Annual Meeting.
    https://wire.ama-assn.org/ama-news/d...egivers-border

I don't think we have to really stretch credulity to think that forced separation of children from parents is harmful on many levels. This merely reinforces that.

On that basis, I would call this policy evil, and clearly so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hillary quoting scripture is just the bees knees
    666 fifth avenue... the clues are right under your nose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More strawmen, like you can't help yourself. Either you are being an idiot, or dishonest, my guess is a mix of both.

We need better than cages for kids, yes. Roaming free would be irresponsible. Not advocating that either, but the nation that let's its president line his pockets with taxpayer funded junkets to his luxury resort, should be able to find the money for something better than this.

The policy of separating kids from their parents should stop, immediately. It's evil.

"We need better than".. isn't a solution. It's just a .

So kids should be incarcerated with their parents, in an adult holding facility? Or perhaps you're ok with losing your beer money to pay more taxes to build large condos for housing immigrant families until they can be processed? Offer an alternative. You just regurgitate talking points and . You have no answers, probably to sloshed most of the time to consider reality.

The nation you're referring to could be any, since they all allow their leaders to profit in the private sector from their work in the public one, even if they pretend not to. How many broke ex-presidents do we have running around? Exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A traffic ticket is a consequence when I break the law. Should the government take my children away because of that, fake Christian?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We need better than".. isn't a solution. It's just a .
    We have better facilities. Build more, and better.

This isn't hard, except it seems, for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A traffic ticket is a consequence when I break the law. Should the government take my children away because of that, fake Christian?
    Damn, you're at the bottom of the barrel aren't you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn, you're at the bottom of the barrel aren't you?
    I accept your white flag, fake Christian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have better facilities. Build more, and better.

This isn't hard, except it seems, for you.
    Why do we have to build what we already have? So it's ok to separate kids as long as they are in better facilities or are you talking about providing housing for everyone who crosses the border with a child? That just means now having a kid with you guarantees you a decent place to live for the foreseeable future. You're welcomed to donate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take your kids to Mexico and break the law.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He pointed out your use of emotion and hyperbole and asked you what your solution was. You responded with emotion and your solution is "something better". Good stuff RG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have said the policy is wrong, no matter which party is responsible for it, Obama included.

How exactly is this picture misleading, geenyus?
    You lying sack of . You posted that thinking it was recent, you child.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're conflating and using hyperbole. No flags needed for your nonsense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dubya sending his wife out to do his talking. SAD!

Thread Information