Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    knock on: stipulated as true, what follows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    show us yours, please
    Google Asian attack demographics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Google Asian attack demographics.
    demands others show their work, declines to show his

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it was somewhere else that a bat ed a palanquin. Definitely happens everywhere in the world, i myself had to stop a couple this afternoon.

You ignoring where it's from is once again exactly what China wants you to do
    It could've easily come from a mutation in a bat in North Korea, a country we don't have a lot of visibility on, and neighbors China.

I'm not saying it did or that it has better odds than have started in China itself, but the point is if we pretend for a second that'd be the case, it wouldn't be odd or strange, and calling it the Chinese virus wouldn't be accurate either.

Not that it really matters where it came from. You can point fingers at the Chinese government for a poor initial response, that really isn't associated to where the virus started.

And it's more than just the Chinese in Asia that love to have these weird food delicacies that can turn extremely dangerous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But hey, if CC prefers hand waving to making his own point, that's cool with me.

I will continue to point it out, though.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never said it wasn't weaponized, I'm saying that not calling it that did nothing and asians were targeted anyway. So it's a process that clearly doesn't work.
    But Trump's policy was to call it that for a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But hey, if CC prefers hand waving to making his own point, that's cool with me.

I will continue to point it out, though.
    I'm sitting on my dock at the lake using my phone. Im not gonna copy paste simple research you are too lazy to do. New York city keeps statistics on Asian crime. Last year, 50% of attacks on asians were by blacks, 10% were by whites although they are a significantly higher percentage of the overall population than blacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Day after the travel ban

Anyone here who believes Biden wasn't referring to the travel ban is mentally re ed
    I didn't say so. Nor did i imply it.

Who did?

strawman it is, then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sitting on my dock at the lake using my phone. Im not gonna copy paste simple research you are too lazy to do. New York city keeps statistics on Asian crime. Last year, 50% of attacks on asians were by blacks, 10% were by whites although they are a significantly higher percentage of the overall population than blacks.
    The forum thanks you for posting those stats off the top of your head while sitting on the dock at the lake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Hard to believe you didn't have time to cut and paste a link.

You're right btw, I am too lazy to make your own point for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fauci/Wuhan gain-of-function virus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The forum thanks you for posting those stats off the top of your head while sitting on the dock at the lake.
    Oh, so only you can post personal here? Like sancho cucking you? BTW, I have moved up to the back porch if you are still keeping track.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Trump's policy was to call it that for a year.
    Anti asian sentiment was not an american only problem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti asian sentiment was not an american only problem
    Why keep his failed policy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could've easily come from a mutation in a bat in North Korea, a country we don't have a lot of visibility on, and neighbors China.

I'm not saying it did or that it has better odds than have started in China itself, but the point is if we pretend for a second that'd be the case, it wouldn't be odd or strange, and calling it the Chinese virus wouldn't be accurate either.

Not that it really matters where it came from. You can point fingers at the Chinese government for a poor initial response, that really isn't associated to where the virus started.

And it's more than just the Chinese in Asia that love to have these weird food delicacies that can turn extremely dangerous.
    It's not the weird delicacies it's the handling and preparation.
    Anti asian violence may have come from other places but you can't prove it came from the phrase "china virus" I'm not saying that it did or that it had better odds of being than have being started by Trump himself, but the point is if we pretend for one second that'd be the case, it wouldn't be odd or strange and blaming the phrase "china virus" wouldn't be accurate either

See how that works

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, so only you can post personal here? Like sancho cucking you? BTW, I have moved up to the back porch if you are still keeping track.
    emphasizing balck on Asian violence was "personal ?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    emphasizing balck on Asian violence was "personal ?"

Whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no beef in pointing out where it came from, but you also have to acknowledge that's easy to weaponize as a political tool and a driver for xenophobia, etc.

The WHO has moved away from naming viruses like that for a long time because of that, and it largely predates COVID-19. You can go back to HIV, H1N1, etc... you can always go and look where they first found it, but the naming has changed because actually finding it first in some place is also not 100% guarantee it came from there.

Origin of viruses was much more clear back when international travel wasn't as common or quick, but not so today.
    Historically outbreaks have been named after the places where they originated.

Suddenly it's taboo.

If it came from Texas it would be called the Texas virus. No one here would give a because you cannot look at someone and know they come from Texas (for the most part). If China wasn't so genous in their racial makeup, saying "Wuhan" wouldn't automatically equate to Han Chinese features.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "suddenly"

uppity minorities not wanting to get killed because whitey wants to vent about a disease

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical dumb ery from this guy. Do your research. The majority of Asian attacks are black on Asian. Do you think those black thugs really care what Trump said about covid?
    Don't on his narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Historically outbreaks have been named after the places where they originated.

Suddenly it's taboo.
    Historically some of those calls have been wrong* with harm resulting to random people due to scapegoating.If the geographical designation leads to foreseeable harm, why not use a different designation?

(the 1st known outbreak of Spanish Flu was in Kansas.)
    Last edited by Winehole23; 05-03-2021 at 08:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why keep his failed policy?
    Why keep the WHO's failed policy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably down the memory hole, but this was called the Wuhan coronavirus early on, even appearing on CNN chyrons. The Wuhan part got dropped over time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably down the memory hole, but this was called the Wuhan coronavirus early on, even appearing on CNN chyrons. The Wuhan part got dropped over time.
    why do you suppose that was?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do you suppose that was?
    You tell me. The entire world knows where this originated.

Thread Information