Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember my fav Spurs moments. One time I was traveling to the coast with boat in tow, and late friend was with me and this was in 2005. We were listening to the Finals on the radio, and as Manu started going ape , we pulled over and got out and were jumping up and down calling Manu a god. It was hilarious. People were passing by and no doubt thought we were crazy. Another time was at work, we were watching the same series a few day later on a black and white television that barely got signal. We were screaming, and non basketball coworkers were looking at us like we were re ed.

Those were the days. My friend passed away last year but those memories will always be around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fave moment: Manu dunking on Bosh in 14 after elbowing Ray Allen. Me, being in Germany and watching the game live at 5 in morning yelling "Not today mother ers!" and waking up everybody in a 50m radius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fave moment: Manu dunking on Bosh in 14 after elbowing Ray Allen. Me, being in Germany and watching the game live at 5 in morning yelling "Not today mother ers!" and waking up everybody in a 50m radius.
    Loved that Manu dunk, wrapped up 5, there was no going back for the Heat. Middle of the night, holding my 2 month old daughter in one hand and a bottle of milk in the other. Almost dropped it, or her, or both

Long before that, in 99, the moment when Sean threw the ball up in the last moments of game 5. I was watching it on a super tiny black and white tv as I wasn't home, could barely tell who's who and was fairly sure that last NY shot actually went in lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same country ... same moment ... different yell

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same country ... same moment ... different yell
    Same country, same moment, no yell despite massive temptation... ing neighbours. A lasting moment of a great series though. Would be the play of the playoffs, if not for that insane sequence to end game 6 @ OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game seven in the stands against Detroit final minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That plus the run in the 3rd quarter that starts with Splitter blocking Wade's shot and the Spurs hitting 3 straight 3's. Still remember Mike Breen saying "What an avalanche from San Antonio! A 21 point lead!!!!," and the reaction of Lebron during the timeout, knowing it was over for the Heat. I really said to myself " , we're finally winning it all again." Good times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That plus the run in the 3rd quarter that starts with Splitter blocking Wade's shot and the Spurs hitting 3 straight 3's. Still remember Mike Breen saying "What an avalanche from San Antonio! A 21 point lead!!!!," and the reaction of Lebron during the timeout, knowing it was over for the Heat. I really said to myself " , we're finally winning it all again." Good times.
    It was an allaround great game. So many moments. The sequence you described, the putback dunk by Leonard, didn't Splitter level Wade with a block near the middle of the court in that game as well? Or was that in an earlier game?
    But for me, when Manu dunked that , I knew we wouldn't loose this game. Couldn't loose this game.

I'm currently rewatching the whole 2013-2014 season when I'm on the treadmill in the morning and I can't wait to get to that game. Seen it at least ten times, but I just can't get enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the not:

Goosebumps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was getting married during game 6 Thunder series. My best man told me the Spurs were going to the finals on his speech. I didn't want to know if they lost because I would have been sour.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the not:

Goosebumps
    I could watch this a million times and it would never get old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching game 5 of the 99 championship at home with my fiends. Seeing Sprewell miss that shot and the team jumping in each other’s arms. D-Rob getting vindicated. All of San Antonio just shut down and celebrated. People pulled over on the side of I-10 and just stopped driving and the entire highway was celebrating. Everyone had those Spurs flags that you clipped onto the window of your car

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the not:

Goosebumps
    Manu came in off the bench and went crazy. Can't believe the Heat let Mills just step into that 2nd 3 in transition after he just hit one, in the closeout game of the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    '14 aside, probably Game 5 of the 2005 Finals. Horry checking in at the end of the third and going absolutely ape on the Pistons en route to his iconic 3 at the end of OT. I was running around the house and screaming like a mother er i was visiting my dad at the time and he had just walked in mid celebration and had no clue what the i was doing jumping and yelling like a maniac

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite moment is when we all knew Kawhi was going to win FMVP and that selfish POS Tony Porker started stat padding with the game already won in a desperate attempt to steal the FMVP from Kawhi

Dribble dribble dribbe, what a clown

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean hitting the Memorial Day Miracle for sure. Went with a close friend, his sister, and my brother to the game and Sean hit two threes to open the game and I thought the Spurs were going to massacre Portland. Then seemed like Sabonis, Rasheed Wallace, and Brian Grant started putting in work and were killing the Spurs most of the game, and built up an 18 point lead by the fourth quarter. Which was enormous for the late 90s in the days of games with scores in the 80s. Then for some reason I started watching the game on this little TV attached to the bottom of the deck above us and all of a sudden the Spurs started going on their run so I had to continue watching on that little TV above me instead of just looking at the court to watch the game because I of course would have jinxed them.

Spurs got the game to within one with like 20 seconds left and fouled Damon Stoudamire, sending him to the line. The Alamodome had these hollow plastic seats that would make a loud sound when you hit them, and everyone started paddling these seats when he went to the line. It sounded like a train coming by from 5 feet away, hard to overstate how loud it was in the Dome with thousands of people doing this to the seats in front of them. Mighty Mouth missed the first, sunk the second, and then when the Spurs inbounded I thought worrying about the jinx, I paid for this damn ticket. Sean hit the three and we were all jumping up and hugging everyone around, you gotta understand all we had known for many years was Spurs playoff failures and this was the first time people really knew they were going to see a le. Took twenty minutes just to walk out of the section after the game because everyone was high fiving, hugging, and talking to everyone else along the way. The way the city got hyped off that 99 le was crazy. I remember that season my friend and I used to call each other after every single game once they won that one in Houston that turned the season around to talk about how awesome the team was.

So my favorite moment, I was jumping up and down like a nut with friends and family at the Alamodome after Sean Elliott gave the Spurs their first lead of the game in Game 2 of the WCF with that ridiculous tiptoe three on the baseline that he somehow got over Rasheed Wallace.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-31-2021 at 12:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 NBA Finals, game 5 :

My favorite moment is when we all knew Kawhi was going to win FMVP and that selfish POS Tony Porker started stat padding with the game already won in a desperate attempt to steal the FMVP from Kawhi

Dribble dribble dribbe, shoot shoot shoot , what a clown
    KL still won FMVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    '14 aside, probably Game 5 of the 2005 Finals. Horry checking in at the end of the third and going absolutely ape on the Pistons en route to his iconic 3 at the end of OT. I was running around the house and screaming like a mother er i was visiting my dad at the time and he had just walked in mid celebration and had no clue what the i was doing jumping and yelling like a maniac
    Also one of my favorite moments. First his dunk, then the three. Classic.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the not:

Goosebumps
    Love the shot of Beadle going nuts after Manu's three.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    One of the sickest final dunks ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dribble dribble dribbe, what a clown
    Yeah, it really sucked having a guy who was a 6x All-Star and one of the best finishing point guards in the NBA .

So glad we have Murray now so that he can dribble-dribble-dribble his way into some showboat floater.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Love the shot of Beadle going nuts after Manu's three.
    And the look on Lebron's face was priceless. I think it was at that moment when he told himself, who am I kidding, I'm no Jordan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robert Horrys left handed jam from just inside the paint to close deficit from 95-91 to 95-93 late.

Appetizers before the dunk. Then the cherry on top, yet another 3 pt bomb from Horry in OT for the win.

Dancing on living room floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched at sports bar with HUGE screen. Did victory dance, looked for Heat Fans to heckle but in fairness there were very few in the sparse crowd and they were subdued to the point that did not need anything blown their way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My absolute favorite moments have already been posted, but this one is definitely top 5:

Thread Information