San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love my Spurs but yes the FO is very over rated

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where it the idiot that said Dubs wouldn't take Wiggins
    all idiots are now quite bc they are surprised how bad spurs are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors traded Russell for negative value. Wonder if they have another trade to get rid of Wiggins given how many roster spots they've seemed to being clearing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge's trade kicker is a . Right now, it would be about $5.1M and it would get paid by the Spurs. Aldridge's current salary of $24M would get used for matching purposes, but his new salary including the kicker is what would count against the acquiring team's cap.

There's a reason I keep talking about finding ways to dump him, just to clear the cap space. Paul Milsap is injured, probably for the rest of the year, and is expiring. The Spurs could trade Aldridge for Milsap, getting virtually nothing in return, but clearing Aldridge's $24M in cap space next year. Denver would actually benefit from having Aldridge on the roster instead of Milsap, and the Spurs could start building their future.
    if they wanted to move Aldridge they would've not guaranteed his salary. 7 million guaranteed would've made it very easy to package him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets traded Jordan Bell to Memphis for Bruno Caboclo. WTF? They hate all the bigs

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs could easily move Aldridge if they didn't fully guarantee his contract. 7 million guaranteed would've been super tradeable, but of course these idiots had to that up too
    Full guaranted PLUS a 15% trade kicker.

GS nabbing picks. They don't even need to rebuild and yet they're already better prepared for the future than the Spurs. FO here in SA...

Also managing the timing of their contracts. It's almost like they are being run better than the Spurs. But that can't be true... sniff, sniff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on the pick protections obviously, but a good deal for Minnesotta. Wiggins was never going to work there and this move will supposedly make KAT happy ( for another year probably ).
    Only top 3 protected for one year wow! GS did great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just trade Forms and Belli for a bag and call it a day. Not ideal but I'd at least be ok with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors traded Russell for negative value. Wonder if they have another trade to get rid of Wiggins given how many roster spots they've seemed to being clearing.
    Top 10 pick? Any contract is tradeable now and they will have #1 and likely a top 10 pick too for using their cap space. With an off chance Wiggins is better than he was when surrounded by good team.

But yeah, Wiggins is a gamble but getting basically an unprotected pick from a bad team?

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As it presently stands PJ Tucker will guard Anthony Davis and Westbrook will guard McGee.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they wanted to move Aldridge they would've not guaranteed his salary. 7 million guaranteed would've made it very easy to package him

Too late to do anything about that. Now you make the best of the present situation.

Get the man's salary off the books, and start grooming the young prospects. Hopefully the cap space allows them to facilitate a deal in the offseason and get another pick and/or a player who fits the plan.

I'm sure they must have a plan... right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What ! Robbery for Minnesota
    Yep. Another FO doing its job. I like Omari Spellman, too. Nice move for Minny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just trade Forms and Belli for a bag and call it a day. Not ideal but I'd at least be ok with that.
    Just getting them off the team would force Pop to play the better line ups. So it won't happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too late to do anything about that. Now you make the best of the present situation.

Get the man's salary off the books, and start grooming the young prospects. Hopefully the cap space allows them to facilitate a deal in the offseason and get another pick and/or a player who fits the plan.

The plan is to test if continuity will beat trade aggression ...even in times where the current state of the Spurs sucks, I guess

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why aren’t the fish biting the bait we’re casting? Right, you can’t use as bait.
    You have to cast first....our fishing rod is still in the truck...(actually its probably lodged in Forbes but you get the idea)

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

their plan is to make djm an all star who can bring spurs to the finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI, second rounders in 2022 will almost be like first rounders in most drafts. That's the year when they'll let the HS kids back into the draft, and with the previous years one and dones, it will be a DEEP draft. I saw one or two of them in a couple of the trades that went down.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 10 pick? Any contract is tradeable now and they will have #1 and likely a top 10 pick too for using their cap space. With an off chance Wiggins is better than he was when surrounded by good team.

But yeah, Wiggins is a gamble but getting basically an unprotected pick from a bad team?
    Minny pick is 2021....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love my Spurs but yes the FO is very over rated
    "Over-rated" is not what I would say. "Exposed" seems more appropriate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minny trading away all their wings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minny pick is 2021....
    I know. Are we really expecting that swapping DLO for Wiggins alone is going to change them all that much? Def could but not some lock in my eyes and no margin for error (injuries)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minny pick is 2021....
    So they have a high draft pick this year and the next? Not bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, still being able to have Curry Klay and Dray while also possessing the #1 pick (most likely) and another lottery pick in the future outweighs taking on a bad deal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know. Are we really expecting that swapping DLO for Wiggins alone is going to change them all that much? Def could but not some lock in my eyes and no margin for error (injuries)
    It gives Minnesota (with a new wheeling and dealing gm) a chance to really improve....that said, I really like the trade for both teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, still being able to have Curry Klay and Dray while also possessing the #1 pick (most likely) and another lottery pick in the future outweighs taking on a bad deal
    I don't think Wighins will be a bad deal for them. I expect him to be a much better player playing next to Klay and steph.

Thread Information