Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did watch the game. Our roster was still better than their super young and inexperienced roster. DJ just decided to hero-ball it. If they won, it was his "Win"... But now that they lost it should be mainly his "Loss".
    Hmm, I disagree, tbh. Our roster isn't that much better, with most of our good players out... Murray and SGA sort of cancel each other out, and after that, who's really on either team? Not much of anything... We were playing heavy minutes of KBD, Lyles, and lineups with both LMA and Eubanks on the court, due to lack of roster. I wouldn't really say we "should've won the game" or close to it. OKC aren't all that bad, they've got shooters and a lot of gritty young players, as evidenced by their not-so-bad record despite coming into the season with tanking aspirations.

Overall though, as I said, I agree with you. This was DJ's game - he made sure to be aggressive and score a lot to offset the lack of offensive firepower with DD, Keldon, Gay, and Vassell out; but he never got the rest of the team going. Even Patty's late game run was mostly himself seeking easy shots near the rim, instead of being set up by DJ. He has to be a better floor general if he truly wants to be the PG of the future for this team. The scoring, he's got down, but the floor-running, not so much... And games like these, where he can't depend on White or DeMar to aid him in shot creation for others, expose that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s what “stars” do, takeover games, especially with the roster Spurs have tonight, where they haven’t played together enough, new faces. DJ did great. He should’ve gotten the last possession. I don’t know what Patty was doing.

I agree. I am coming off way too negative. I like what I saw from DJ except his neglect of playmaking for other teammates, especially Poetl', Samanic, and Trey to start the 1st qtr. Definitely a learning experience for him as he grows into the alpha leader he wants to be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shouldn't you be out fluffing Pop's old man meat? Impressive you can do it without using any hands.
    Mugen is a big boy, he doesn’t need your help Since you want to pull out your cape though, before you ever speak to me again make sure it’s better than that whack ass “ doing it with no hands “ remark! You’re better than that..oops I forgot you’re not bum ass!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we still need a stretch big if LMA buys in as a bench big? What if he gets paid at a much smaller price?
    Yes, definitely. LMA isn't so much a stretch-big, as he is a "can't do anything but camp at the 3pt line anymore" big. He's visibly washed, and any attempts to keep him will backfire on the Spurs as his body starts to break down due to ulative wear & tear. Not to mention, most shooting bigs are also somewhat mobile to keep up with perimeter players, or offer rebounding, or defense, or rim protection, none of which LMA displayed tonight.

I'd rather not have a stretch big at all, than keep LMA on the roster beyond this season, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scrub of the day to go off- Lou dort

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, can y'all stop with talking about who's giving Pop head or whatever? It's a game thread.... If y'all ain't gonna talk about the game, GTFO, tbh, stop this child's fight nonsense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, definitely. LMA isn't so much a stretch-big, as he is a "can't do anything but camp at the 3pt line anymore" big. He's visibly washed, and any attempts to keep him will backfire on the Spurs as his body starts to break down due to ulative wear & tear. Not to mention, most shooting bigs are also somewhat mobile to keep up with perimeter players, or offer rebounding, or defense, or rim protection, none of which LMA displayed tonight.

I'd rather not have a stretch big at all, than keep LMA on the roster beyond this season, tbh...
    That's fair. I've hated a lot on LMA this season, but that was mainly because I hated seeing him in a key starter role. Never thought a bench role would come for him this early. My new hope now is maybe during the remaining part of this season he finds his way to be effective against bench bigs. Maybe with a lesser load, he'll be able to move around more. A lot of maybes. I'm keeping an open mind...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SGA is one of the many opposing players that just love have career nights against the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mugen is a big boy, he doesn’t need your help Since you want to pull out your cape though, before you ever speak to me again make sure it’s better than that whack ass “ doing it with no hands “ remark! You’re better than that..oops I forgot you’re not bum ass!
    Why do I feel like I'm talking to someone who wears Depends

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming off the bench should be the least of Aldridge's problems.

When we get a healthy team back again the question for Aldridge is, should he even get any game time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming off the bench should be the least of Aldridge's problems.

When we get a healthy team back again the question for Aldridge is, should he even get any game time.
    I mean, we still need one big out there at all times. Are you saying you'd rather have Eubanks out there as Poeltl's backup when everyone is back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing that frustrates me about this team is the continuing lack of execution down the stretch of games, especially in under 2 minutes to go. It's the same erratic play, full of mental mistakes that they showed last year with only incremental improvements. And the one guy with NBA Championship experience ends up making the most amateur of mistakes to cost us a chance to win the game. We were short-handed of course but no matter how healthy we are, the team consistently finds ways to lose or choke in close games at the most inopportune moments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next season:

Murray/ Tre/ Q
    White/ Lonnie/ Mills
    Keldon/ Vassell/ KBD
    TBD/ Luka/ Gay
    Poetl/ Aldridge/ Eubanks

Only hole to fill would be that 4... And maybe Luka even develops enough during this time to be that.
    This in interesting. Do you have DeRozan leaving for a better contract/better team, or do you believe Spurs mutually move on?
    Just from a sense of internet posts, the tide is turning about fans on wanting him back.

Per B-ball Reference, San Antonio has $57m on the books currently for 2021-2022.
    I can't see Aldridge, Mills, Gay taking up more than $10m each.... meaning Spurs have some money to go after a big fish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This in interesting. Do you have DeRozan leaving for a better contract/better team, or do you believe Spurs mutually move on?
    Just from a sense of internet posts, the tide is turning about fans on wanting him back.

Per B-ball Reference, San Antonio has $57m on the books currently for 2021-2022.
    I can't see Aldridge, Mills, Gay taking up more than $10m each.... meaning Spurs have some money to go after a big fish.
    Yeah, it's tough to tell. There's like a 50% DeMar is back. I wouldn't be super opposed, given that Lonnie ain't showing us right now AND if DeMar does the same thing LMA is doing right now, which is, selflessly letting the young guys run the show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fair. I've hated a lot on LMA this season, but that was mainly because I hated seeing him in a key starter role. Never thought a bench role would come for him this early. My new hope now is maybe during the remaining part of this season he finds his way to be effective against bench bigs. Maybe with a lesser load, he'll be able to move around more. A lot of maybes. I'm keeping an open mind...
    I'm just not seeing any way that he can be effective at all, bench or starting role, with the way he's played. Usually I'd say yeah, he can dominate a bench and shoot over them - but he doesn't look to have his shooting touch, or legs, right now; doesn't box out, grab rebounds, nor play defense; and even the worst NBA bench is filled with guards that can easily target him and draw circles around his corpse en route to the hoop. What things can he contribute to the team, other than dumping him the ball and praying it's "one of those nights" for him to be hot shooting?

I just don't see it, man. I didn't like a single thing that LMA did out there tonight, and we weren't even playing a good team. Maybe he can have the occasional scoring outburst some night, but he's not looking like someone I'd like to have on the books by next season. Just drags this young team down at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing that frustrates me about this team is the continuing lack of execution down the stretch of games, especially in under 2 minutes to go. It's the same erratic play, full of mental mistakes that they showed last year with only incremental improvements. And the one guy with NBA Championship experience ends up making the most amateur of mistakes to cost us a chance to win the game. We were short-handed of course but no matter how healthy we are, the team consistently finds ways to lose or choke in close games at the most inopportune moments.
    Agreed on this point, though I don't think this particular game should be an example of the Spurs' problem in late-game execution. With a fully healthy roster, there's no way Patty is running the floor in the last possession of a game, it's just not his role at all. Beyond that, a lot of the close games we've lost were due to young players making mistakes, which is kind of to be expected as growing pains. There's no Big 3 to hold down the fort anymore...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I want to log my vote not to bring back DDR unless it is at a significant paycut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Great news for development

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA wheels really look broke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is the play when I screamed, Great wall of Poeltl + Samanic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, we still need one big out there at all times. Are you saying you'd rather have Eubanks out there as Poeltl's backup when everyone is back?

It depends a bit on the team a bit, but I prefer Rudy Gay at C with a small ball second unit generally these days.

I like Eubanks, but he can be a bit trick or treat. I don't have a line through Aldridge, especially if he can find some mobility again, but for me he is only in the mix for bench minutes only - and his demotion as starter shouldn't even be a thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty throughout the game was making mistakes. his quick 7point towards the end almost pulled it out but his turnovers were costly all game.

Tough loss tbh.. spurs were in it.
    It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Pop grab his head in utter astonishment at Patty’s poor play. He did it at least twice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i recall correctly this isnt the first time pop has called a patty mills iso for the win? he did it against houston in the playoffs a few years ago i think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is the play when I screamed, Great wall of Poeltl + Samanic
    Yup that was pretty good defense.

We saw great things tonight. It was a freak loss I guess. I’ve never like Mills defending a close game, why??

But Tre looked like a solid backup, taking PG backup from Mills. KBD earned his minutes tonight, very agilevand long defender, hit an open 3. Luka made the eye test, moved well off the ball, except some here snd there, but that he will learn. And he showed he might be able to play SF/PF and smallball C.

I like the future. Just missing a 20/10 + Demar + another year of improved DJ, Derrick, Keldon and Co = Contender

Thread Information