Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The White House worked with Fox News and a wealthy Republican donor to push a story about the murder of Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich, according to an explosive lawsuit filed Tuesday.

The story was pushed in an attempt to discredit the US intelligence community's determination that Russia hacked the Democratic National Committee and obtained the emails released by Wikileaks, the lawsuit said.

The lawsuit, which was*first reported by NPR, was filed in US District Court in the Southern District of New York. The plaintiff is Rod Wheeler, a Fox News contributor and former homicide detective hired to investigate Rich's death, who alleges that he was misquoted as part of the effort to put the story together. Douglas Wigdor, who is representing current and former Fox employees in other lawsuits against the network, is Wheeler's lawyer......."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/01/medi...uit/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cnn and other media pushes false stories all the time.

who says it is fake news
    prove how he died

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We basically have Cosmored running the nation now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cnn and other media pushes false stories all the time.

who says it is fake news
    prove how he died
    The lawsuit says it's fake news.

We'll see if they can prove it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread le should read "allegedly"

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thread le should read "allegedly"
    That term is only used when an illegal has raped & murdered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That term is only used when an illegal has raped & murdered.
    No it's not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We basically have Cosmored running the nation now.
    RUMINT has it that even Republicans in congress are beginning to contemplate the 25th amendment.

Trump's cabinet can replace him, and that is why he is beginning to fire people around him, because he has gone into full paranoia mode.

The calls for impeachment and removal are moving out from the fringe and being discussed a bit more openly/directly now, by people in position to do it.

Congress will act to save itself, and the GOP sees the midterm train bearing down on them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RUMINT has it that even Republicans in congress are beginning to contemplate the 25th amendment.

Trump's cabinet can replace him, and that is why he is beginning to fire people around him, because he has gone into full paranoia mode.

The calls for impeachment and removal are moving out from the fringe and being discussed a bit more openly/directly now, by people in position to do it.

Congress will act to save itself, and the GOP sees the midterm train bearing down on them.
    Another colossal failure will have them committed.

I kind of want them to go back to health care and watch them fail a fourth time.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope this lawsuit goes for years. Doesn't matter the outcome as long as it critically damages that stain Network.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope this lawsuit goes for years. Doesn't matter the outcome as long as it critically damages that stain Network.
    +1

Fox "news" journalistic standards

This borders on official state media in some banana Republic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A timeline of the explosive lawsuit alleging a White House link in the Seth Rich conspiracy

It’s a complicated story that, we hasten to add, is based on allegations in a lawsuit

filed by a person whose quotes in that discredited story

were themselves discredited.

But the lawsuit includes do entary evidence (like text messages), and Folkenflik was given access to recorded calls that bolster the story as presented. What’s more, the lawsuit is predicated on Wheeler’s assertion that he never said the quotes attributed to him.

July 10, 2016
    Rich is shot to death in Washington during what D.C. police describe as an attempted armed robbery. The case remains unsolved.

July 22, 2016

WikiLeaks releases a batch of emails stolen from the DNC. That Rich was killed shortly before these files were released eventually spawns conspiracy theories about the possibility that Rich may have been involved in a plot to release them that ended in his murder.

U.S. intelligence agencies dismiss that idea. Their evidence suggests that the DNC network was accessed over a long period of time by two different Russian government agencies, as early as the summer of 2015.

Jan. 20, 2017

Trump is inaugurated as president.

February
    Butowsky reaches out to Rich‘s family to offer to help fund an investigation into their son’s death. They agree.

At some point before or during February, Butowsky apparently speaks with veteran journalist Seymour Hersh, who Butowsky says indicated a link between Rich and the FBI. Hersh told Folkenflik it was “gossip” and that Butowsky “took two and two and made forty-five out of it.”

Feb. 23

Butowsky allegedly texts Wheeler to pitch him on pursuing the Rich investigation. That text:

The two speak on the phone.

Feb. 28

Butowsky, Zimmerman and Wheeler meet for the first time. Wheeler indicates that he’s surprised Zimmerman is at the meeting.

Butowsky later introduces Wheeler to the Rich family but allegedly asks that he not mention the link to Fox News.

March 14

The Rich family retains Wheeler to investigate the killing, paid for by Butowsky.

April 18

According to the lawsuit, Butowsky allegedly texts Wheeler to ask him to join a meeting with White House press secretary Sean er.

The lawsuit alleges that Butowsky explained the reason for the meeting as to “keep [ er] abreast” of the investigation.

April 20

Butowsky and Wheeler meet with er. Wheeler’s lawsuit claims that er was given a copy of the outline of Wheeler‘s investigation and asked to be kept updated about it.

er later acknowledged the meeting to NPR’s Folkenflik.

“It had nothing to do with advancing the president’s domestic agenda — and there was no agenda,” er told Folkenflik. “They were just informing me of the [Fox] story.”

April 25

Wheeler meets with a D.C. detective investigating Rich‘s murder, who indicates that he has no evidence that the killing was anything other than a robbery. Butowsky allegedly sends an email to Wheeler saying that if the detective doesn’t help, “we will go after him as being part of the coverup.”

May 9

Trump fires FBI Director James B. Comey.

May 10

Butowsky and Zimmerman allegedly call Wheeler and inform him that they’ve identified an FBI source who can confirm emails between Rich and WikiLeaks.

May 11

Zimmerman shares a draft of her story with Wheeler. It doesn’t include quotes from Wheeler about that FBI link.

May 14
    Wheeler claims that Butowsky had repeatedly made remarks about how the White House was paying attention to the story. On

May 14, Butowsky calls Wheeler and leaves a message that Wheeler shared with Folkenflik.

“A couple of minutes ago,” Butowsky says, “I got a note that we have the full attention of the White House on this and tomorrow let’s close this deal.”

He then texts Wheeler to inform him that Trump read Zimmerman‘s article and wants it published.

To NPR, both er and Butowsky deny that the president reviewed the story. Butowsky told Folkenflik he was “joking with a friend.”

May 15

The Washington Post, continuing a second week of scoops about the Trump administration, reports that Trump revealed classified information in a private May 10 meeting with the Russian foreign minister.

Zimmerman
    informs Wheeler that her story is going to be posted shortly. She asks Wheeler for quotes on specific topics, neither of which relates to the alleged source at the FBI.

With the story set to publish, Butowsky allegedly emails Wheeler and the hosts and producers of Fox News’ “Fox and Friends.” He reinforces a key point of what he hopes to accomplish: Undercut the idea that Trump’s election was aided by Russian interference. (Emphasis is from the lawsuit.)

Zimmerman‘s story is posted on a local news station in D.C.

May 16

The story goes up on Fox News’ website. It includes quotes from Wheeler about the FBI source that he claims in the lawsuit he never gave to Zimmerman.

In a recording of a three-way call that day with Butowsky and Zimmerman provided to Folkenflik, she seems to acknowledge that.

“Not the part about, I mean, the connection to WikiLeaks, but the rest of the quotes in the story did” come from Wheeler, she says. Butowsky tells Wheeler, “One day you’re going to win an award for having said those things you didn’t say.”

Zimmerman
    says that her superiors at Fox News told her to keep the quotes. Wheelerhad first called Butowsky to complain. Butowsky allegedly pointed the finger at the White House.

These quotes that Wheeler says were fabricated by Zimmerman are the heart of his lawsuit.
    er is asked about the story during the White House press briefing. He claims not to be aware of the story.

Q: Sean, can we get a White House reaction or the President’s reaction to the report that said Rich was emailing WikiLeaks before his murder?MR. ER: I don’t — I’m not aware of — generally, I don’t get updates on DNC — former DNC staffers. I’m not aware of that.
    That night, Wheeler appears on Sean Hannity’s Fox News program and supports the story, though he claims not to have personal knowledge of a Rich-WikiLeaks link.
    May 17
    The local D.C. station reports that Wheeler was backtracking on the statements attributed to him — including statements made on-air.
    FOX 5 DC: “You have sources at the FBI saying that there is information…”WHEELER: “For sure…”FOX 5 DC: “…that could link Seth Rich to WikiLeaks?”WHEELER: “Absolutely. Yeah. That’s confirmed.”

May 23

Fox News
    retracts its story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/08/01/a-timeline-of-the-explosive-lawsuit-alleging-a-white-house-link-in-the-seth-rich-conspiracy/?utm_term=.d13fe642c1ed&wpisrc=nl_most-draw7&wpmm=1

oligarchy's "fake news" propaganda factory takes America deeper down the rabbit hole.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    National security journalist calls GOP donor ‘rat er’ on live TV for role in Seth Rich and Benghazi hoaxes

On Tuesday, an NPR report revealed that Ed Butowsky, a Republican donor and supporter of President Donald Trump, had orchestrated a conspiracy theory to push back on su ions that Russia had helped Trump win the White House. According to Butowsky’s theory, Rich was murdered because he — instead of the Russians — passed stolen DNC emails to Wikileaks.

Wheeler pointed out that

Butowsky has also taken credit for spreading conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton’s role in the terrorist attack in Benghazi.

“So Butowsky is not only responsible for this conspiracy theory about Seth Rich,

but he himself claims to be responsible for the conspiracy about Benghazi,” Wheeler told DemocracyNow’s Amy Goodman.

“Fox News made a big deal about the death of four people in Benghazi in 2012 and Ed Butowsky, a Republican donor —

I would call him a rat er, a classic Republican operative, dirty operative

— he claims the Benghazi fake scandal came from him as well.”

“I think one of the most appalling things is yesterday Ed Butowsky deleted his Twitter account and he said,

‘People are saying mean things about me on Twitter,'”

Wheeler remarked. “And it’s like, dude,

you just invented a conspiracy about a murdered guy and you’re complaining about people being mean to you on Twitter.

It’s just appalling that the Rich family has to continue to have their son be turned into the fodder of this kind of conspiracy mongering.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/national-security-journalist-calls-gop-donor-ratfcker-on-live-tv-for-role-in-seth-rich-and-benghazi-hoaxes/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another colossal failure will have them committed.

I kind of want them to go back to health care and watch them fail a fourth time.
    I kind of want you to go back to the polls and fail again as well. That one was a doozie!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1

Fox "news" journalistic standards

This borders on official state media in some banana Republic.
    Remember when Fox gave the debate questions to Donald Trump ahead of time? Oh that's right, you can't recall that because it was CNN that did it with Hillary.

denial

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol another ing hillary post in a thread thats not about hillary, jesus man you're obsessed with that cnnt arent you?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Remember when Fox gave the debate questions to Donald Trump ahead of time? Oh that's right, you can't recall that because it was CNN that did it with Hillary.

denial
    It was as if Anderson Cooper completely forgot about this while reporting on the Seth Rich story last night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when Fox gave the debate questions to Donald Trump ahead of time?
    I recall it:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...ion-in-advance

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/11...en-was-coming/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of want you to go back to the polls and fail again as well. That one was a doozie!
    Are you talking about Hillary predictions or his Ossoff victory predictions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol another ing hillary post in a thread thats not about hillary, jesus man you're obsessed with that cnnt arent you?
    Everything is about Hillary. Hillary is the reason you're here, under an alias, Spurminator.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Everything is about Hillary. Hillary is the reason you're here, under an alias, Spurminator.
    Hmmm not sure I'm seeing it. Care to expand on why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the other networks pushed fake story about Russia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He knows.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i outed him as chucho. hes come unglued.

ill take it though. spurminator it is

Thread Information