Page 428 of 491 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478 ... LastLast
Results 10,676 to 10,700 of 12267
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    During Load Management’s career, Tim was a two time AS, two time All NBA, and two time All D. Tony was a 3 time AS, and 3 time All NBA.
    even then, would take PG over tony without blinking. and most, if not all GMs would take PG over old td. that’s not a knock on td either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's clear now. The Spurs didn't do enough to get elite talent. Even with winning the Aldridge sweepstakes. If the Pacers were happy with Oladipo/Sabonis the Spurs should have been able to come up with something.

The lesson for PATFO is clear. It's a player's league now and that dictator mentality is not going to win. The players are going to go to teams with management that shows they will do whatever it takes to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's clear now. The Spurs didn't do enough to get elite talent. Even with winning the Aldridge sweepstakes. If the Pacers were happy with Oladipo/Sabonis the Spurs should have been able to come up with something.

The lesson for PATFO is clear. It's a player's league now and that dictator mentality is not going to win. The players are going to go to teams with management that shows they will do whatever it takes to win.
    Spurs still are tied for the most les in the last 20 years and the other five belong to the Lakers and Kobe, but thanks for the revisionist history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even then, would take PG over tony without blinking. and most, if not all GMs would take PG over old td. that’s not a knock on td either.
    PG is a loser who’s never done anything but demand trades. I’d take any of the big three over him, and wouldn’t even think if were all three. Kawhi ‘bout to learn that long and strong don’t make you anything but just that. He’s tied himself to a major beta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The big 3 was wayyy past their prime when #2 arrived. If anything this is a diss towards Aldridge regarding playing with an elite talent.
    Pretty sure Tony was still in his prime from 2011 - 2013. He really started to slide during the 2013 - '14 le run. So, he has played with "elite" talent before (Duncan was an elite defender until his penultimate season).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And the thing about Kawhi not being happy with San Antonio unable to attract top level talent came out even before all of that quad injury drama so I’m very sure that not being able to land Paul George was a huge letdown for him and something that started everything that followed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look forward to knocking them out of the playoffs.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if kawhi's healthy then there's no way in the spurs are beating the clippers in playoffs, wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi would fold.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi tried to get RC to trade for Paul George apparently. We didn’t have the ammunition to pull off such a trade though.

this guy definitely posts on ST. Even used the terms “PATFO” and “culture” in the replies. Which one of y’all is this?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Paul George too. I wanted the Spurs to trade for him badly before he went the Pacers. If that played a part in Kawhi starting to not want to stay, that really does suck. I mean, I'm pretty sure I recall hearing/reading that Paul George did mention he would have been fine playing for the Spurs, so yeah, the talk back then about him going to the Lakers only next off-season shouldn't have deterred the Spurs trying to trade for him (if they did indeed try to as I recall reading here). I just wonder how hard the Spurs actually tried to get Paul George?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Paul George too. I wanted the Spurs to trade for him badly before he went the Pacers. If that played a part in Kawhi starting to not want to stay, that really does suck. I mean, I'm pretty sure I recall hearing/reading that Paul George did mention he would have been fine playing for the Spurs, so yeah, the talk back then about him going to the Lakers only next off-season shouldn't have deterred the Spurs trying to trade for him (if they did indeed try to as I recall reading here). I just wonder how hard the Spurs actually tried to get Paul George?
    Probably not at hard as they tried when they gave Mills 50 mill at 12:01 that summer.

And probably not as hard as they worked when they were asking Pau to sign for that 48 mill not long after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope that all the behind the curtain truth will be revealed, and all the NBA will see Nephew as an asshole that he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi
    Last edited by SayTown; 07-26-2019 at 10:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by SayTown; 07-26-2019 at 10:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by SayTown; 07-26-2019 at 10:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if the Spurs have the pieces to trade for PG, there's no way the Pacers will do another trade with the Spurs due to the obvious reason.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kiwi: PG13 >> Jim

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop crying like a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't blame kawhi for what he said at all... PG is in prime... td and manu obviously weren't when kawhi was a spur. way to blow things outta proportion ST.
    this, just spurstalk being spurstalk

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop crying like a SayTown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2012-2015 Timmy was still elite. Maybe not ultimate elite like he was in his prime but far away still elite. I still remember Timmy being far and away the best player in that 2015 Clippers series. In 2016 when he injured his other knee, then yeah that’s when things fell apart for Timmy.

But it’s not just on the spurs. I mean siakam is becoming a star of his own in Toronto and there were plenty of games where they don’t win last year without his great production. Sorry siakam. The King of Toronto has spoken, your talent is not elite.

its crazy to think how elite Paul George is. He took that pacers team to multiple finals appearances...oh wait. To multiple ECF appearances...oh wait. But he did help the thunder to make the Finals...oh wait. But I mean it’s not on Paul George cause he had not talent around him...right? But he definitely has elite talent no doubt.

Paul George, best player Kawhi will have ever played with? Lol sure man whatever you say to make Paul George feel good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the thing about Kawhi not being happy with San Antonio unable to attract top level talent came out even before all of that quad injury drama so I’m very sure that not being able to land Paul George was a huge letdown for him and something that started everything that followed.
    He also said he wanted to play at home and that's all he wanted. So hypothetically, do he and PG both force their way to LA from SA?

Thread Information