Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike D looking pretty good right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing to a 1-30 team featuring Pringles on the bench will do that to you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They could always hire Luke Walton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He sure could shoot those free throws though

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this time the Sun's thought they were better than the Lakers...LOL

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    & Bledsoe is out for an extended length...meniscus tear...

http://arizonasports.com/story/50065...jury-meniscus/

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    & Bledsoe is out for an extended length...meniscus tear...

http://arizonasports.com/story/50065...jury-meniscus/
    Time to quit caring about that of an organization and address the big boys

The Arizona Cardinals

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Time to quit caring about that of an organization and address the big boys

The Arizona Cardinals
    Not tonite, AJ. I can't face it.

Christ, I no sooner get rid of the Suns and here comes the in' Cardinals. me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could always hire Luke Walton
    Karma coming' to pay a visit,,,,Walton will take over for Scott in LA and continue the string of horrible coaching choices since Jackson,,

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Losing to a 1-30 team featuring Pringles on the bench will do that to you.
    Prior to seeing that game yesterday, I had no idea that Guinea'antoni was an assistant on that team

He must have been disappointed that as an assistant he wasn't allowed to create a "special assistant" coaching job for his deadbeat older brother. Probably made the D'antoni family dinner really awkward when Dan D'antoni was crying about his house getting foreclosed while everyone else is stuffing cannolis down their throats.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Not tonite, AJ. I can't face it.

Christ, I no sooner get rid of the Suns and here comes the in' Cardinals. me.
    They're probably printing the Cardinals' as we speak. Preppin' it for sale.

tee, hee.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Thread, I don't pay much attention to whatever agenda the Phoenix media is trying to push with the Suns these days, but is there any talk, at all, about Lon Babby's job being in jeopardy? In the 5+ years that fat has had complete control of basketball operations and hasn't even been able to milk one playoff birth out of the team, he's scapegoated Alvin Genry (the best Suns coach in the last 20+ years) + Lance Blanks (the GM he hand picked), and now he gets to scapegoat the head coach he hand picked? It's crazy how much Sarver has been able to destroy/mismanage this team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread, I don't pay much attention to whatever agenda the Phoenix media is trying to push with the Suns these days, but is there any talk, at all, about Lon Babby's job being in jeopardy? In the 5+ years that fat has had complete control of basketball operations and hasn't even been able to milk one playoff birth out of the team, he's scapegoated Alvin Genry (the best Suns coach in the last 20+ years) + Lance Blanks (the GM he hand picked), and now he gets to scapegoat the head coach he hand picked? It's crazy how much Sarver has been able to destroy/mismanage this team.
    Are you serious?,,,,a journey man coach who's best claim to fame is crushing Pop in a playoff series,,,he sucks. Go look at the Pelicans if you need more proof,,,

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Are you serious?,,,,a journey man coach who's best claim to fame is crushing Pop in a playoff series,,,he sucks. Go look at the Pelicans if you need more proof,,,
    Since Westphal (roughly 20 years since his last season), which Suns coach was better? It's not exactly stiff compe ion. Scott Skiles is maybe the only one.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had to go look up Gentry to see his wins as a head coach. The most he had in one regular season was 54,,,his second highest was 40,,,,and all the others are below that obviously. He's been a head coach 13 years in his career,,,,,lmao

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I had to go look up Gentry to see his wins as a head coach. The most he had in one regular season was 54,,,his second highest was 40,,,,and all the others are below that obviously. He's been a head coach 13 years in his career,,,,,lmao
    So which Suns coach since Westphal would you say was better?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So which Suns coach since Westphal would you say was better?
    D'Antoni,,,easily,,,,and possibly even Terry Porter,,,Porter was fired with a winning record in Phoenix at 28-23 when he was canned,,,He was a head coach for 3 years and already had a 40 win season under his belt with the Bucks and on his way to another 40+ in Phoenix,,,

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you remember that whole deal with Porter, DownsK?,,,Nash and Amare ran Porter out of town because he wanted them to play defense and work hard. They rebelled and the owner fired him with a winning record,,,,thats why the Suns are the Suns,,,,,

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    D'Antoni,,,easily,,,,and possibly even Terry Porter,,,Porter was fired with a winning record in Phoenix at 28-23 when he was canned,,,He was a head coach for 3 years and already had a 40 win season under his belt with the Bucks and on his way to another 40+ in Phoenix,,,
    so your criteria around who the best Suns coach in the last 20 years is centered around how many 40 win seasons they had on other teams?

Porter. Saying he was on his way to another 40+ win season is intellectually dishonest. Everyone hated him and the entire team had quit on him, their above .500 record was not indicative of how they were playing when he got fired. Gentry then took over and had a better record percentage-wise in spite of only having Amare for a year games before he missed the rest of the year.

Even putting Porter in the conversation proves you have no idea what you're talking about.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so your criteria around who the best Suns coach in the last 20 years is centered around how many 40 win seasons they had on other teams?

Porter. Saying he was on his way to another 40+ win season is intellectually dishonest. Everyone hated him and the entire team had quit on him, their above .500 record was not indicative of how they were playing when he got fired. Gentry then took over and had a better record percentage-wise in spite of only having Amare for a year games before he missed the rest of the year.

Even putting Porter in the conversation proves you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Porter was better than Gentry,,,,your players were pampered gots that didn't want to play D,,I cant help it that you don't know basketball. Davis is hating Gentry right now. Gentry has been fired from every head coaching with a losing record,,,,he sucks,,,,you love him,,,,lmao

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Thinking Conehead is one of any team's best coaches

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Gentry,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Karma coming' to pay a visit,,,,Walton will take over for Scott in LA and continue the string of horrible coaching choices since Jackson,,
    I doubt it. Walton doesn't have a single game as a head coach under his belt. The Warriors record isn't on his watch, per se. I'd take Thibs 10 times in a row prior to Walton, at this stage.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Do you remember that whole deal with Porter, DownsK?,,,Nash and Amare ran Porter out of town because he wanted them to play defense and work hard. They rebelled and the owner fired him with a winning record,,,,thats why the Suns are the Suns,,,,,
    Their defensive rating under Gentry was better than it was under Porter.

Regardless, it wasn't just Nash/Amare. The whole team hated him for so many reasons. The "he tried to make them play defense" narrative is oversimplified. He couldn't develop young players for and he did some of the most re ed stuff to try and "motivate" grown men (i.e., calling the team in early to play arts and crafts as a team building exercise).

There's no question Nash/Amare were pussies who handled the situation horribly but you never see players quit on good coaches. Good coaches find ways to motivate players to work hard and play defense, just look at what Gentry did with Amare the next year.

Thread Information