Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2078
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our spurs 19 finals wins on the line
    Spurs have 23 finals wins. The Big 3 alone had 19 together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL HOME COURT team cant even beat warriorefs...wtf celtics getting manhandled out there, the warrior bigs with the walking screens and holding defenders from switching...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unpopular opinion I’m sure but this Celtics team reminds me at times of the 2003 Spurs team.
    This series is far from over. I’m still picking Celts in 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t mind the Warriors. They’re actually having to earn this championship unlike when they lucked out with injuries from other teams and having Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have 23 finals wins. The Big 3 alone had 19 together.
    cant forget'99

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics win game 5 imo, but game 6 is key. Neither team has lost b2b games this postseason, whoever cracks first loses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well winning the highest compe ion in basketball requires being an alpha, and alpha’s tend to be y. It’s just part of the character. But Steph is not that bad. There are worst. I just don’t want them closing in on the Big 3’s ring count. I think they just tied them on the most winningest trio in the playoffs
    That's how I feel. Draymond is definitely an asshole who thinks he is way better than he really is because he's been surrounded by Curry, Klay, and Durant. If you put him on any other team, he'd probably be riding the bench and definitely wouldn't be considered All-Star caliber. Green has actually been awful in these Finals, then goes on his podcast after each game and talks about how "I wear my badge of honor"

But Curry...Curry has earned the right to be y. Sure, his little dances and shimmies and all that come off as showboating, but I'd prefer that to Kobe's mean-mugging and ball-hogging or Jordan's trash-talking.

Duncan was just a different breed when it came to quiet dominance. He went about his business, would hang 30-15 on you, then walk off like it was just another day in the office. Obviously I respect that...but those personalities are rare in the NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston had a golden opportunity to go up 3-1 and failed. You can get away with that against Miami, but that won’t work vs Golden State (Especially with Boston stealing game 1.) Giving the Warriors new life is going to catch up to Boston now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston had a golden opportunity to go up 3-1 and failed. You can get away with that against Miami, but that won’t work vs Golden State (Especially with Boston stealing game 1.) Giving the Warriors new life is going to catch up to Boston now.
    Yep, I think last night was Boston's chance for the kill shot and they blew it...Tatum and Brown did not deliver.

At this point, it's the Warrior's series to lose.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unpopular opinion I’m sure but this Celtics team reminds me at times of the 2003 Spurs team.
    Same.

It's over. It'll be close and probably take 7, but the Celtics aren't winning it. Game 4 played out exactly how I expected.

If you've followed this league close enough long enough, you've seen this many times. The storybook ending for the league/media darling is the oldest, most predictable outcome in a league full of them.
    Last edited by TD 21; 06-11-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well winning the highest compe ion in basketball requires being an alpha, and alpha’s tend to be y. It’s just part of the character. But Steph is not that bad. There are worst. I just don’t want them closing in on the Big 3’s ring count. I think they just tied them on the most winningest trio in the playoffs
    I have never bought into this Alpha-Beta stuff. They are people in life that are very talented and also strong willed. They can either be arrogant or humble with a healthy level of great self confidence.. I have seen both in my life. Never respected arrogant people because there is also some type of insecurity underneath the facade they put up in which they are trying to cover up with their arrogance.

Not all superstars are arrogant with the way they act on the court ala Duncan, Hakeem, Dirk, Dr. J, Jabbar, Magic, etc. I guess you could say Jabbar was arrogant off the court with his condescending at ude but on the court he wasn't showboating. Current superstars in the league I don't find arrogant are Giannis and Jokic. Other guys have a great deal of arrogance where they celebrate like MJ, Lebron did but for some reason I never found those guys annoying with their celebrations. Lebron, I found more annoying for the off-court stuff he would do with running his mouth and having this god complex. Curry to me over does it with his showboating more so than any other superstar I have ever seen in my life and I have watched the game since '91. Only Kobe I think can hold a candle to his showboating.

You can also say I'm hater. He is a great player in my eyes, but I hate his game and hate what he's done to the league into turning it into a 3 point shooting contest. I enjoyed last year's finals thinking it would be a transition into a new era of basketball in which we were done with the Warriors and Lebron but if the Warriors win this series it looks like I was wrong and they are here to stick around for a few more years which blows.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see this as the warriors last shot with the curry Klay green core.. their cap and draft picks situation isn't very good, guys like Poole seem overrated to me, maybe they have no choice but to bring it all back but I don't see them having another run like this in them

Not a huge fan of his style but props to curry for a huge game. I still feel he will likely wear down and Boston should win. Gs basically had a must win last night and took it, now Boston is in the same position, must win game 5 without HCA. They need to clamp down on everyone else and cut out 4-5 terrible turnovers, that should be enough for a solid win. This warriors team lucked into the finals with a good draw, the new players are no where near what the supporting cast used to be, even without cupcake. Can't believe they're two wins away, if Boston doesn't get their together they could fluke into another championship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving screens by Dray Green all day long

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Very much so, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving screens by Dray Green all day long
    Nothing new, been happening even before their first championship.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our spurs 19 finals wins on the line
    When I saw that stat pop up, it cut a little bit . Celtics gotta win game 5 otherwise it's going to be tough to come back and win the series. Having said that, I don't care if the Warriors break the finals winningest trio record (they've had one extra finals than the Spurs' trio to do it), I care more about keeping the Warriors ring count away from the Spurs, so it doesn't matter how they do it, but I am still pulling hard for the Celtics to win the series.

I see this as the warriors last shot with the curry Klay green core.. their cap and draft picks situation isn't very good, guys like Poole seem overrated to me, maybe they have no choice but to bring it all back but I don't see them having another run like this in them

Not a huge fan of his style but props to curry for a huge game. I still feel he will likely wear down and Boston should win. Gs basically had a must win last night and took it, now Boston is in the same position, must win game 5 without HCA. They need to clamp down on everyone else and cut out 4-5 terrible turnovers, that should be enough for a solid win. This warriors team lucked into the finals with a good draw, the new players are no where near what the supporting cast used to be, even without cupcake. Can't believe they're two wins away, if Boston doesn't get their together they could fluke into another championship
    I agree. Celtics can still win this series. They gotta play smarter, cut out the silly turnovers, and have better shot selection on their end. On the other end keep everyone else under control and tire Curry out.
    Last edited by Ice009; 06-12-2022 at 12:43 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I saw that stat pop up, it cut a little bit . Celtics gotta win game 5 otherwise it's going to be tough to come back and win the series. Having said that, I don't care if the Warriors break the finals winningest trio record (they've had one extra finals than the Spurs' trio to do it), I care more about keeping the Warriors ring count away from the Spurs, so it doesn't matter how they do it, but I am still pulling hard for the Celtics to win the series

honestly if the warriors win they deserve it. I really dont care either way. I believe their trio couldnt touch ours in terms of talent anyway. Duncan and curry might be debatable but klay and draymomd cant touch tony or manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    honestly if the warriors win they deserve it. I really dont care either way. I believe their trio couldnt touch ours in terms of talent anyway. Duncan and curry might be debatable but klay and draymomd cant touch tony or manu
    They also had Durbeta for two of their championships. It would be like if Kobe joined the Spurs during their 2000s run. It will always look tainted. Our big 3 legacy will always be better because it was strictly Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry had to carry his team with 43 points. I doubt he can keep doing that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry had to carry his team with 43 points. I doubt he can keep doing that
    He's averaging 34 a game, so....if anyone else decides to come along for the ride, the Celtics are in trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They also had Durbeta for two of their championships. It would be like if Kobe joined the Spurs during their 2000s run. It will always look tainted. Our big 3 legacy will always be better because it was strictly Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili.
    Agreed. And they all played different roles through different times, from rookies to retirement.

Frankly, Klay and Draymond have looked like through this Finals run. It's literally Steph, Wiggins, and occasionally Poole carrying them, which is impressive...but they aren't the "Big 3" they used to be.

And Jayson Tatum needs to pull his head out of his ass, otherwise he is going to be blamed for the Celtic's demise and rightfully so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Jayson Tatum needs to pull his head out of his ass, otherwise he is going to be blamed for the Celtic's demise and rightfully so.
    You Popsuckers think Ime can do anything to help pull it out? You know the "tree".

I sure do. Game 4 was a sad testimony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You Popsuckers think Ime can do anything to help pull it out? You know the "tree".

I sure do. Game 4 was a sad testimony.
    Not if their "superstar" Tatum continues to the bed.

Like I've said, this is now the Warrior's series to lose. They have home court back, and proven they can win in Boston.

They haven't even played that well and the series is still tied 2-2. If it wasn't for a miracle 4th quarter in game 1, the Celts would be down 1-3 right now.

Thread Information