Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheerleaders have been barred from fking the players for years. I don’t care for this likely decision to suspend him for a year but there is precedence both explicit in contractual agreements and implicit in corporate culture not to play this way because it might get back to you. Ime took a chance and is paying the price.

Celts are getting ahead of the risk of future backlash and probably more importantly, financial liability.

Ime will rebound fine so long as it was consensual.

The Spurs should be gearing up to do their due diligence on the situation and make him an offer if it check out.
    I completely understand what you’re saying. The team is well within their rights to take action. Of any kind for that matter.

My gripe is way more about making him out to be an offender while protecting the other consenting party.

But again I understand the legality of it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Romances" in the office are often forbidden. The media knows about Ime because he's a public figure. He's facing a bigger punishment because he's higher up in the org. Most of this isn't su ious. The part that is is that one of the women is supposedly married to a VP on the team, and that guy is sho pushed for the suspension being so long. His feelings shouldn't have any bearing here. A year is fine if that's what it was always going to be. But you can't let folks make up new punishments because of pride.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I completely understand what you’re saying. The team is well within their rights to take action. Of any kind for that matter.

My gripe is way more about making him out to be an offender while protecting the other consenting party.

But again I understand the legality of it all.
    I’d hope she gets a nice reprimanding also. Ime is getting lawyered up right now and I suspect he gets paid his whole contract and everyone moves on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely you can. When organizations rely on culture it’s a big time difference sleeping with a bosses wife vs random employee. It escalates the hostile work environment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely you can. When organizations rely on culture it’s a big time difference sleeping with a bosses wife vs random employee. It escalates the hostile work environment
    Nah. If the boss' wife is an employee, then the punishment should be the same. That VP being mad isn't more serious than any other employee. That's even more true since some suit is way more replaceable than many other employees. I think having a harsh punishment is fine. Just keep it consistent.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he slept with someone who isn’t his subordinate, then his unilateral suspension starts looking less justified. I mean if she is the wife of someone in the front office and she isn’t even an employee, I don’t even see the justification. It’s possible this thing drags out a little bit behind the scenes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t matter if it’s consensual. I mean it does, because it’s way worse if it’s not, but just it being consensual is not enough to make it harmless. Especially with all the emphasis on nba workplace environments with Rosas, Sarver and Mavs.

Imagine being a Celtics employee and thinking you didn’t get a job over who he slept with because she was sleeping with him? Or that you know of the inappropriate relationship but can’t say anything out of fear of retaliation. Or thinking that’s the culture if you want to get in good/move up.

Lots of issues and sucks because Ime obviously isn’t Sarver; just a really poor decision in an environment that no longer tolerates that.
    Right
    Also consensual is not always clear cut

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t matter if it’s consensual. I mean it does, because it’s way worse if it’s not, but just it being consensual is not enough to make it harmless. Especially with all the emphasis on nba workplace environments with Rosas, Sarver and Mavs.

Imagine being a Celtics employee and thinking you didn’t get a job over who he slept with because she was sleeping with him? Or that you know of the inappropriate relationship but can’t say anything out of fear of retaliation. Or thinking that’s the culture if you want to get in good/move up.

Lots of issues and sucks because Ime obviously isn’t Sarver; just a really poor decision in an environment that no longer tolerates that.
    So, suspend him for a month or two. A year is just completely ing crazy. If I were him, I’d let them know I was coming back, unless they pay out the part of the contract after the suspension.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAS with the reasoned take as usual. Having said that, Boston is usually known as the most racist city in the country historically, and yeah, if he slept with a white woman who is married to an owner or something like that, then yeah I could see that causing this, and the one year suspension would be a way to fire him without firing him.

But I have no idea about the details and I’m just totally throwing out random speculations because that’s what we do online.
    He basically said he knows of multiple examples of this throughout sports recently, yet they've been kept buried, so why wasn't this? And why is it that his employer is the one essentially leaking it? His larger point was the obvious though: None of our business.

But anytime the way blacks or bi-racial (who generally get lumped in with the former by whites) are treated and portrayed differently in sports is brought to attention, that's all many hear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nevermind the suspension. Imagine cheating on Nia Long. Like… huh??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut the up you racist piece of .
    Ducks probably fixed a black dude’s computer once, so he’ll tell you based on that he’s not racist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d trade them Pop for a future lottery protected first rounder. Spurs gotta do best by Pop like they do best for Dejounte.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ime is serial cheater and finally got caught publicly.

Very stupid what he did. Also none of our damn business.

He’ll sit out a year. No problem with him coming back into the fold with the Spurs. Cuz ain’t no way he’ll ever coach the Celtics - not possible.

We brought Danny Ferry back after his debacle. Ime will be fine. He’s a Spur, they’ll take care of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, suspend him for a month or two. A year is just completely ing crazy. If I were him, I’d let them know I was coming back, unless they pay out the part of the contract after the suspension.
    Players and great coaches get lots of leeway. If they are doing this they are fine losing him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players and great coaches get lots of leeway. If they are doing this they are fine losing him.
    They’d better be fine paying him out, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the relationship truly was consensual - a big if - then the discrimination claims are less significant. Adults are en led to have relationships with other adults. Especially if there is no direct oversight. The concern here is the appearance of impropriety and, I suspect, organizational rules that prohibit “office romances.” If that’s the case (likely it is), then Ime is ed (hah). Personally, I think 1 year is extremely excessive, but the organization can do as it pleases to enforce its own rules. I do find it persuasive that the punishment is being given to one party and we don’t know if the other is being punished or not. I get that he’s the coach, but you shouldn’t selectively enforce organizational rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We live in different times today. Owners, players, coaches, or even cheerleaders can't get away with stuff like they did 5 - 10 years ago. Everyone makes a mistake, but now the whole world holds you accountable even if it just has the look of impropriety. Some one will have to pay the price, and right now it looks like Ime. Sorry bud, you messed up bigly.

He's a decent coach, he'll bounce back in Boston or somewhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’d better be fine paying him out, too.
    Im sure they are…my guess is he resigns?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see racism at play here and if so then consider sexism at play here too. How dare the woman and the black man do what they want in a (possibly very wealthy [if rumors of Celtic's VP's wife are true]) white man's world? Put the woman on public shame blast for seeking what she wants and put a non white in his place for tampering with the fruit of the (wealthy white man) gods?

I am def reserving final judgment until more details come because if there was coercion, favoritism or wielding influence by Ime that would change things for sure. And I totally understand workplace rules and why they exist. When work relationships fall apart it's awkward for the whole firm and can get tricky legally.

But I will say that it's one of a headline here: Of age, consensual yet inappropriate sexual relationship? I have a major problem with the capitalism aspect here. This is possibly a private matter depending on the details and if so, Shams (and all media that carried it) for publicly Woj bombing fallout from peoples personal lives like this is some tabloid E True Hollywood story. You are a basketball twitter, this isn't Teen Gossip lol. And then the workplace rules telling people they can't hook up consensually because they have to work together. If this was consensual then it's basically banks/money telling Ime who he can and can't and I have a major problem with that. Humans are full of biological processes, it's hilarious that the facade of capitalism wants to curb millions of years of evolution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks - last warning buddy but you better watch your mouth. Keep spouting off and one day you will get caught up.

Times they are a changin.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That suspension reeks of privileged hurt feelings and small syndrome. No franchise is going to implode a championship run over an affair unless some higher up pencil feels inadequate and needs to seek revenge though a power move.

The fact the her name is void of any responsibility speaks volumes to prejudices. Definitely not some intern. Someone got cucked good.

I bet ducks is flexing in the mirror and nodding at himself over this suspension.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s exactly what it does. Deliberately leaving her name out suggests she’s a victim. The talk of suspension basically implies that he coerced or leveraged her in some way and to a degree criminalizes the act.

The only thing the two did wrong was possibly not informing the team of the relationship. Not like it’s any of their business anyway. The whole idea that a business can ban consensual relationships is absurdity.
    You need to stop drinking that Corpus Water - Every major company it’s a Big No on screwing your staff even more so in our current environment. What I am surprised is he just got suspended most companies it’s instant termination

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably floated a year suspension to gauge public sympathies/interest, also to flash a sign of taking it seriously. It'll be a couple or few months suspension.

As for Nia Long. Hugh Grant cheated on Liz Hurley. Never know what happens between people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably floated a year suspension to gauge public sympathies/interest, also to flash a sign of taking it seriously. It'll be a couple or few months suspension.
    Nope, it's official.
    https://twitter.com/celtics/status/1573120786403102723

There's no coming back from this, judging from Ime's reaction (acknowledging his fault and not challenging the claims), either he resigns or he comes to terms with the Celtics to part ways. If nothing more troubling comes out, I can see him laying low for a while, and then coming back home to take over from Pop next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know who was it, but someone said Ime fumbled two rings in a few months... sad... but funny still.

Thread Information