Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ some of these butthurt Spurfans getting their panties in a bunch and acting like the league needs to be fixed somehow because they happen to be getting their pushed in this series.

En led gots. You guys weren't complaining like this when you handled D'Antoni's Suns teams who played the exact same way.

Totally valid point. Because we all know the game is being played and officiated exactly the same as it was when the Minneapolis Lakers defeated the Syracuse Nationals in the Finals. Just reach back into history at any point and you're still comparing apples to apples.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Totally valid point. Because we all know the game is being played and officiated exactly the same as it was when the Minneapolis Lakers defeated the Syracuse Nationals in the Finals. Just reach back into history at any point and you're still comparing apples to apples.

Care to expand upon your intentionally vague statement?

The bottom line is that you either adapt or bend over and take it in the ass. If Houston is going small and chucking up threes why can't

A) The Spurs beat them at their own game

or

B) punish them inside with their size advantage

It's all about one team imposing their style of play on another, which is how it always is in sports. Are the Rockets too quick or are the Spurs too big? It always comes down to who executes their style of play the best.

In short...go yourself

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Spurs had the #1 defense. Jazz had a lower scoring average because of pace only.

2. #1 defense is across your performance against all of the teams. You will be better at defending some than others. There are bad matchups - could have a bottom 15 offense that gives a top 5 defense issues.

3. As a corollary, having the best defense doesn't mean it'll work against two historically great offenses in Hou and GS. Spurs do a good job of chasing shooters into worse shots but great shooters will still shoot and make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or if you have the hype of raymond, tbh, you can get away with triping and pushing people around...
    and kicking players in the nuts..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is league parity,who the wants to sit and watch the same super teams go at it every year?!?

Combine that with the obviously head office influenced officiating and it stinks badly

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The bottom line is that you either adapt or bend over and take it in the ass. If Houston is going small and chucking up threes why can't

A) The Spurs beat them at their own game

or

B) punish them inside with their size advantage

It's all about one team imposing their style of play on another, which is how it always is in sports. Are the Rockets too quick or are the Spurs too big? It always comes down to who executes their style of play the best.

In short...go yourself
    thats true. and its a good point. however the spurs historically (with timmy) have been traditionally about being diverse. they can run small if you want to run small or punish you with their bigs. they could play your game and beat you with it if they wanted to and had to. or they could beat you with their bigs. they had options.

this current manifestation of the spurs is that their bigs are generally useless in this series and so they havent been able to consistently shut down and slow down a small ball lineup vs the rox. however jury is still out about the spurs being more small ball minded with the rox and beating them i guess... because LMA/Gasol/Lee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Mattters for the Rockets. They came to play.

The Rockets have a 105.8 defensive net rating, third-best in the playoffs, and they are only behind the Golden State Warriors among the six teams still in action.

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2017/5/...s-clint-capela

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Greg Popovich says Game 4 Spurs defense was bad enough to get him fired.

The Spurs lost to the Rockets Sunday night, 125-104, and Gregg Popovich blamed the loss on his team's poor transition defense.
    "For us, you know, our bible begins with transition defense," Popovich said after the game. "If it's not there, we're just not ready to go. If you'd have seen the clips of our transition defense, you would have traded all the players and fired me by the end of the game. It was that bad. But [the Rockets] were intense, and they were that focused and they were that professional. And we were not."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...x1btesvuwlk94z

I expect the Spurs will come ready to play in game 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greg Popovich says Game 4 Spurs defense was bad enough to get him fired.

The Spurs lost to the Rockets Sunday night, 125-104, and Gregg Popovich blamed the loss on his team's poor transition defense.
    "For us, you know, our bible begins with transition defense," Popovich said after the game. "If it's not there, we're just not ready to go. If you'd have seen the clips of our transition defense, you would have traded all the players and fired me by the end of the game. It was that bad. But [the Rockets] were intense, and they were that focused and they were that professional. And we were not."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...x1btesvuwlk94z

I expect the Spurs will come ready to play in game 5.
    Yeah Pop. I love watching lamarcus and Pau trying to get back on defense.

Thread Information