Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    To be fair, it was a homeless guy harassing him for money. Some of these homeless s are thugs themselves.
    Fine, but you don't show anyone your illegal handgun in a threatening manner. If you do and cops show up, you know the situation and have the advantage on the cops. If you get shot in that scenario you took it a bit too far. You were already in violation of several laws before it started, and you're now feeling pot committed so you lose everything instead of just saying "yeah I have a gun, no it's not legal, yeah I know I'm going to jail".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I am not saying that Whites don't get shot my the police or aren't targets of police brutality but I have my doubts that they are subjected to some of the things that blacks and Hispanics are by the police, worse yet these groups seem to get a raw deal in the judicial system. Issues such as sentencing disparities come in to play. I mentioned Roof not to cherry pick but to illustrate that sometimes doing the right thing can get a black killed while a white person may get more leeway. We've seen in the past after mass shooting where Whites have been apprehended after shooting multiple such as the shooter in Aura Colorado, and Tuscon Arizona while Blacks have been handled with excessive force for doing something as petty as allegedly selling loose cigarettes.

Whites outnumber Blacks 5:1 in the Unites States so naturally there are going to be more Whites killed by sheer number than Blacks. To use a crude example of my own it would be like asking why a player who takes five shots a game isn't outscoring another who taking twenty shots per game. There is a reason why various sites use "times as likely" over raw totals because raw totals are remarkably misleading. Sites like Vox takes into account population proportion.

**For example** (not real statistics but to illustrate a point)

1000 people killed by the police

White-425
    Black -325
    Hispanics-225
    Other-25

White-42.5%
    Black -32.5 %
    Hispanics-22.5%
    Other-2.5%

This is why "times as likely" over raw totals is far more accurate. In the example above Whites are killed at a higher volume but when compared to the actual overall population it is actually 10% lower than 53%, while Blacks would be 2.5 times more likely to be shot because they make up less than 13%

I have heard complaints on the media narrative of white cops vs. black victims being use to divide but I view this is more of the media finally giving attention to something that has long sense been an issue in minority communities. The Watts riots in the mid 1960's were a by product on anger and resentment of police by blacks but the first major national coverage of actual police brutality occurred nearly 30 years later when King was beaten by police on video.

BTW black on black crime is a misnomer. When looking at crime date Whites and Hispanics both have high rates of crime within their race. It has been proven that it has more to do with proximity than anything else. Blacks are more likely to live in areas that are predominantly black so they commit crimes in that area, the same can be said for whites and Hispanics. The KKK has been using the "black on black" narrative for years as a means to justify their claim that whites are superior to blacks.
    http://hotair.com/archives/2015/11/2...rt-on-twitter/

A quick glance at this will confirm for you that we are a fairly tribal species and we stick to our own racial lanes in many ways, including killing each other. It’s true that the vast majority of blacks who are murdered are killed by other blacks, but 2,245 out of 2,491 works out to 90%, not 97. But as for the white murder victims, whites account for 84%. (2,509 out of 3005)

I think the spot where we come into some confusion over this is the proportional numbers. As a parallel, you’ll often hear the Black Lives Matter crew claiming that the vast majority of people killed by police are black. In reality, the majority of suspects killed by the cops are white, but it’s a fairly slim majority. So since black citizens only account for 13.2% of Americans, they are proportionally being killed by cops at a higher rate. That’s where that disagreement comes from and the same applies here.

Of course, this numbers game plays both ways and that may be where the disconnect on the murder figures come in. It’s true that whites commit more murders in the United State (2,509 vs 2,245 for black offenders) but when you mix in the proportionality aspect of it the same bend in the curve applies. If all factors were completely race neutral, out of 3005 murders in 2013 you would expect to see 397 murders committed by black suspects rather than 2,245 so they’re punching way above their weight class in that regard.
    So if you believe in the numbers game, like I said, do you buy into this type of math where based on the percentage of population of blacks in the USA that blacks are more murderous than their white counterparts?

If so, does that now not open up the door to view the "statistics" from the angle of blacks being in more deadly/violent crime situations which could lead to them being disproportionately killed by cops?

If in your example Blacks are 3x more likely to be killed statistically, then do you have to look at the murder rates and see if statistically blacks are 3x more likely to murder therefore in situations more times than not to be killed by police?

I don't buy it. Again, you are dealing with small numbers and while it makes sense to look at statistics with prison sentence disparities, I don't think it makes sense with police killings.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    There's not a black person within at least 500 miles of me. Life is good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No offense, but I still don't agree with the numbers. If you are using probabilities things have to be statistically relevant.

I understand math; I get the logic of your example. My point is it's really pointless because whether or not there are more Whites than Blacks, the number of people being killed by cops is so statistically small, percentages and probabilities don't make sense.

Especially when saying "this doesn't happen to whites". It clearly does. It seems that more Whites are killed at the hands of police than Blacks are. If the killing were a race issue, you would not see so many Whites killed, despite having a bigger population.

I already said I 100% believe Blacks or any minorities are targeted and unfairly punished for equal crimes in comparison to their white counterparts. That is proven and makes perfect sense.

But like I tried to differentiate and you did as well, being killed by the cops (which is the poster for BLM) is the focus here (while being punished for crimes/thrown in jail is a separate but equally important topic). To say "it doesn't happen to Whites" (which I think Jesse Williams said or alluded to) is flat out wrong.

We have seen what appears to be Black Snipers in Dallas killing cops apprehended and not taken in. We have seen how many Blacks in prison that were obviously not killed and taken in vs being shot?

It's not ok to use funny math in small sample sizes because math can do tricks with small sample sizes.

For example, of the murders in this country per year, how many are committed by blacks (regardless of the race murdered)? Like you said, there are reasons why blacks may be in those situations (poor, systemic oppression, etc..), but do you buy into the math then when it says blacks are "X' percent of the population but commit "Y" percent of the murders?

Your point about proximity is exactly what I am saying. Who is committing the most crimes? Where is it happening.

It stops being a race thing and has to do with a poor thing/community thing. Whites in poor areas are killing other whites. Just like Blacks in poor areas killing other blacks. In those areas, Whites are also shot and killed by police.

It's happening to everyone and making the police killings only about blacks when in fact more whites are being killed than blacks (not statistics, I'm talking about ACTUAL HUMAN BODIES) takes aways from the issue.

I agree with minorities getting unfair punishments compared to white counterparts, but that is different (no less important) than saying whites aren't killed by cops.
    It seems that we agree on certain issues but see things differently on others. I think my example was fairly straightforward when it comes to how various news outlets such as Vox ,the Washington times, and even 538.com all interpret police data that way because they view it as more accurate as do I. My example uses the same logic; raw totals are inaccurate because Whites make up such a large percentage of the overall population.

We don't see eye to eye on the proximity. My point was that non blacks use the black on black crime to attempt to discredit BLM but the two issues aren't related. Blacks feel that they are unfairly targeted by the police (Like in Ferguson where the Police literally targeted Blacks)

If I understand your point; your saying its not necessarily a race issue but a poor issue, I am not sure I agree with that, It can be both. Whites certainly get killed by police but I think that focusing more on the poor issue vs the race issue takes away from issues such as bias on the part of the police.

In Florida and California particularly there have been more than dozen officers that have been linked to hate groups, or have otherwise been outed as racists over the past couple of years, that were ultimately fired because of their associations.

http://www.kcra.com/news/sf-to-revie...texts/31838046

San Francisco prosecutors will review dozens of old prosecution cases touched by four city police officers under investigation for allegedly sending racist and phobic text messages, the city's district attorney said Monday.

(the DA) will review all cases going back 10 years that the officers were linked to either by writing a report, submitting evidence or testifying in court.
    of course that does not mean that all or even most cops have bias but it seems that it is becoming increasingly common for officers to be outed and ousted as bigots, which I guess is a sign of progress. Then again, it is troubling that bigots seem to make it into positions of power in the first place.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    s given went down to zero when I saw that he was resisting arrest while having a gun. When I saw his rap sheet, (including being a sex offender on a juvenlie) s given went down to negative 50.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Linking this incident to the Minnesota incident is not doing the poor guy in Minnesota any favors.

With the info we have at this point anyway.
    Last edited by pgardn; 07-09-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There's not a black person within at least 500 miles of me. Life is good.
    Everyone has the right to express their minds... But that dont mean it'sa good idea to do so. That was a very very rude thing to say sir.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Everyone has the right to express their minds... But that dont mean it'sa good idea to do so. That was a very very rude thing to say sir.
    Apologies, if it offended you. After working the inner cities of Miami, D.C., Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New Orleans I've had a front-row seat in observing blackfolk--and I just can't stand their laziness, stupidity, selfishness, and en lement tbh. I've met some good ones, funny ones, and others that broke the mold but by and large my prejudices are justified. I'm sure you feel the same about most white folk, but then again we (black people, white people, whomever) can only offer legit commentary on what they've personally seen or experienced. My beef is with the SJW's (and/or the fake neo-nazis) here that champion causes of people they've never had to interact with on a daily basis.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Apologies, if it offended you. After working the inner cities of Miami, D.C., Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New Orleans I've had a front-row seat in observing blackfolk--and I just can't stand their laziness, stupidity, selfishness, and en lement tbh. I've met some good ones, funny ones, and others that broke the mold but by and large my prejudices are justified. I'm sure you feel the same about most white folk, but then again we (black people, white people, whomever) can only offer legit commentary on what they've personally seen or experienced. My beef is with the SJW's (and/or the fake neo-nazis) here that champion causes of people they've never had to interact with on a daily basis.
    In general "SJW's" come from a more educated background and have interacted with intelligent people from all races, so its difficult for them to understand how people could have a monolithic view of an entire race. Their exposure to minorities tends to be the more acculturated ones, though they are also exposed to lower classes through charity work.

From the sounds of it, you are probably more exposed to the less educated minorities due to your own lower educated, less socialized position in society. Naturally less educated, poorer minorities tend to group together just like less educated and poor whites, and some cultural characteristics are more defined in those groups as well. (This is seen a lot in prison.) So your perspective is limited to the lower classes you live with and you are unable to comprehend why a Harvard educated black man might think it's bull when he's treated like a common street thug.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    In general "SJW's" come from a more educated background and have interacted with intelligent people from all races, so its difficult for them to understand how people could have a monolithic view of an entire race. Their exposure to minorities tends to be the more acculturated ones, though they are also exposed to lower classes through charity work.

From the sounds of it, you are probably more exposed to the less educated minorities due to your own lower educated, less socialized position in society. Naturally less educated, poorer minorities tend to group together just like less educated and poor whites, and some cultural characteristics are more defined in those groups as well. (This is seen a lot in prison.) So your perspective is limited to the lower classes you live with and you are unable to comprehend why a Harvard educated black man might think it's bull when he's treated like a common street thug.
    ^Prime example of an SJW with the same tired liberal perspective. I'm willing to bet our educational and socio-economic backgrounds are more or less the same. True, I was making peanuts as a paramedic/firefighter from '05-08 (then started getting great gigs since), but I'm willing to bet any amount of $ I've done more for African-Americans than you ever have--so try a different tactic when coming at me. If you're black, then I understand your uterine cramps, but if not I'd like to hear your resume on what you've done for blackfolk other then go full-SJW on the internets.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    So your perspective is limited to the lower classes you live with and you are unable to comprehend why a Harvard educated black man might think it's bull when he's treated like a common street thug.
    I skipped this sentence the first time through...thanks for confirming that your only interaction with African Americans is from blipsters at Starbucks
    Last edited by DD; 07-09-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I skipped this sentence the first time through...thanks for confirming that your only interaction with African Americans is from blipsters at Starbucks
    And your interactions come from emergency situations due to poverty in inner cities? Oh yes, this brings out the best in people.

How many close black friends do you have?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    And your interactions come from emergency situations due to poverty in inner cities? Oh yes, this brings out the best in people.

How many close black friends do you have?

My interactions come from inner cities, overseas contracting (worst of the worst black trash here), and humanitarian/monitoring missions...and believe it or not, my viewpoints are also shaped by the plethora of African-American colleagues I've worked with--not just the patients I treat.

and at your sop ric last question...out of the countless AA's I've known or worked with, there is two I'd consider friends and competent colleagues--but that was through contracting and we all live in different parts of the country when not on projects/missions--so it ain't like our families are enjoying bbq's and ballgames together.

As stupid as your last question is, it does bring up another talking point. All the (educated) blacks on this site have more white friends than black friends, but they'd never dare admit it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My interactions come from inner cities, overseas contracting (worst of the worst black trash here), and humanitarian/monitoring missions...and believe it or not, my viewpoints are also shaped by the plethora of African-American colleagues I've worked with--not just the patients I treat.

and at your sop ric last question...out of the countless AA's I've known or worked with, there is two I'd consider friends and competent colleagues--but that was through contracting and we all live in different parts of the country when not on projects/missions--so it ain't like our families are enjoying bbq's and ballgames together.

As stupid as your last question is, it does bring up another talking point. All the (educated) blacks on this site have more white friends than black friends, but they'd never dare admit it.
    I have a friend who does exactly what you do with out the overseas stuff here in SA

Your encounters have been shaped largely after drugs, crimes, or diseases diabetes, AIDS due to economics etc... type situations. You are not treating Miles from Hollywood that often. So you get fed up with the squalor and apparent lack of will to do anything for betterment and just basic human decency like cleaning.

So where is the worst of the worst black trash? Which countries and in what situations?

And of course the black folks on here probably have more white friends because they don't live in poverty in the US most likely.

So what is your theory on how dark skin color causes trashyness?

Leave the freshman emojis out, just give me the goods. So do tell...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    pgardn, before you come up with your next lame response (that'll inevitably move the goalposts), please tell me what you've done (and your experiences) before engaging me. This goes for all SJW's (whether it's regarding blacks, muslims, gays, etc). This isn't a -measuring contest, I'm just curious what experiences you all have dealing with or living amongst those you champion. I don't have time for college-boy idealism and theory--we're talking real-world experience here. The way it sounds now is that you all volunteer at soup kitchens or hand out clean needles in your spare time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I have a friend who does exactly what you do with out the overseas stuff here in SA

Your encounters have been shaped largely after drugs, crimes, or diseases diabetes, AIDS due to economics etc... type situations. You are not treating Miles from Hollywood that often. So you get fed up with the squalor and apparent lack of will to do anything for betterment and just basic human decency like cleaning.

So where is the worst of the worst black trash? Which countries and in what situations?

And of course the black folks on here probably have more white friends because they don't live in poverty in the US most likely.

So what is your theory on how dark skin color causes trashyness?

Leave the freshman emojis out, just give me the goods. So do tell...
    So you have a friend who works in fire/ems (probably mexican), and you try to compare that with my experiences.

The worst of the black trash (and this is just from my experience) were subcontractors out in Afghanistan, trying to fake injuries ("muh back hurts from driving a bus, or I twisted muh ankle on a rock") so they could get DBA claims. I literally lost count how many times I've treated bull injuries from these people. Whites would try it too, but they represented a mere fraction of the bull -claims department. It was sickening, because it ended up ing over the people who actually had legit claims (muddling through red-tape for a year before they got their paycheck).

In one of our clinics we had a closed-circuit camera in the lobby and you could actually see these guys stroll in all casual, then get into character before they knocked on the clinic door

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    pgardn, before you come up with your next lame response (that'll inevitably move the goalposts), please tell me what you've done (and your experiences) before engaging me. This goes for all SJW's (whether it's regarding blacks, muslims, gays, etc). This isn't a -measuring contest, I'm just curious what experiences you all have dealing with or living amongst those you champion. I don't have time for college-boy idealism and theory--we're talking real-world experience here. The way it sounds now is that you all volunteer at soup kitchens or hand out clean needles in your spare time.
    Im not championing anyone. No measurements. I told you in the other post about my interest in this subject. You choose to give your characterization and I have questions. If I have spare time I spend some time tutoring science, mostly physics, to suburban and inner city people, even adults. This of course is usually a very civil environment. My Job only brings me close to well educated people with dark skin. Yep one friend is part Hispanic other is white, very bright, and very prejudice. They do what you do.

I would rather watch the insurance scams on tape of people with back injuries. Lotta whites sit around to listening to lawyers for claims as well. I don't find the clinic example insightful. Let's stick with color theory.

So to your theories.
    I would never ask you this stuff unless I know people who do what you do.
    Last edited by pgardn; 07-09-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Oh, again they do what you do only here.

Been shot at, bitten, family members or others attack... On and on....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Oh, again they do what you do only here.

Been shot at, bitten, family members or others attack... On and on....
    You really have no understanding of the situation, just living vicariously through your friend's experience. Forget Miami and Pittsburgh (which were bad enough), your SA friends have nothing on 3 years of working Baltimore, Washington D.C., and New Orleans (all of which are infinitely worse). Oh, again it's what every EMS provider goes through at some point (more so in the cities I've worked), but don't try to compare it with getting rocketed and mortared on a nightly basis in a foreign country. You (and your friends) have no idea what it's like to hear an incoming alarm whilst living in a tent, then treating mass casualties afterwards. Just bow it of this one

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    You really have no understanding of the situation, just living vicariously through your friend's experience. Forget Miami and Pittsburgh (which were bad enough), your SA friends have nothing on 3 years of working Baltimore, Washington D.C., and New Orleans (all of which are infinitely worse). Oh, again it's what every EMS provider goes through at some point (more so in the cities I've worked, but don't try to compare it with getting rocketed and mortared on a nightly basis in a foreign country. You (and your friends) have no idea what it's like to hear and incoming alarm whilst living in a tent, then treating mass casualties afterwards. Just bow it of this one
    So because you are rocketed and mortared I need to bow out of this discussion that has to do with skin color.
    WTF? So I don't understand blacks because you were rocketed ... See I was asking you questions as you made the assertions. But I can't understand. Just like blacks say whites can't understand except... THAT YOU DO understand blacks.

Vicariously... Are you frkn joking. I would not step foot in their jobs. My wife gets much closer to it but not me. And because the cities you worked in had larger numbers of blacks it can't be compared to San Antonio... Yes. They see basically the same you see with Hispanics, whites, and with blacks if they get an East side call.

So you one upped them and me with your knowledge of the black skinned condition because of working overseas and getting mortared instead of shot at with measly handguns. I will humbly step aside.

And you asked ME not to measure s? Seriously...

I understand, but don't really as I can't.
    Fah get it.
    You are 500 miles from blacks. It's all good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    So because you are rocketed and mortared I need to bow out of this discussion that has to do with skin color.
    WTF? So I don't understand blacks because you were rocketed ... See I was asking you questions as you made the assertions. But I can't understand. Just like blacks say whites can't understand except... THAT YOU DO understand blacks.

Vicariously... Are you frkn joking. I would not step foot in their jobs. My wife gets much closer to it but not me. And because the cities you worked in had larger numbers of blacks it can't be compared to San Antonio... Yes. They see basically the same you see with Hispanics, whites, and with blacks if they get an East side call.

So you one upped them and me with your knowledge of the black skinned condition because of working overseas and getting mortared instead of shot at with measly handguns. I will humbly step aside.

And you asked ME not to measure s? Seriously...

I understand, but don't really as I can't.
    Fah get it.
    You are 500 miles from blacks. It's all good.
    Every argument you get into with me you pose a stupid question then repeat it over and over--you're simply one of the dumbest posters I've ever come across. It's like you go in head-first with an agenda then get lost in your own battle plan. San Antonio's worst neighborhoods don't even scratch the surface of BAL, DC, or NO's worst areas. So again, your vicarious encounters with violence (just domestically) pale in comparison to mine. You conveniently dusted off the overseas experience because you (and your mexican amigos) knew you were out of your depth.

Just one example, but on 07-Dec-2014 a rocket hit right next to a chow hall at Bagram Airfield. 2 Indians were killed and 1 Bosnian was severely wounded by shrapnel. For the next 6 months we had blacks coming by the clinic trying to claim PTSD (and they treated the Indians and Nepalese like ) and they all used the same line: "I see their faces when I close my eyes!"
    It was later found out that only one of the dozen+ cases were working that day, and half were on R&R back home. Like I said, you speak of matters you personally know nothing about.

iirc you peddle medical supplies or work on projects (strictly prn basis) with mostly affluent people (whatever race they may be). So don't try to compare your cubicle lifestyle and sheltered view of the world with those who have actually gone out and experienced it, mmkay?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

So you need to be guided to the beginning again.

This is your answer to my post.

You have concluded that blacks of all nationalities are trash because of what you have seen in THE WORST situations. Like the situation you find people of color in has no correlation to HOW THEY MIGHT BE ACTING.

Quit avoiding your gigantic generalizations because you have been in the worst places. This is exactly the point. You think you have some great insight to human behavior because you have seen ty stuff. And then claim I want to measure size...? " Mister, I've been to Baltimore, I know these animals. " ing go to Rio for the Olympics and do your thing in the slums and tell us what Brazilians are acting like based on the multiple shades of skin color"

You are a piece of work.

Your problem is you make stupid ass generalizations from your extreme situations and then claim the normal white folk can't understand. " Ive seen these animals at the same time I was being rocketed Mister. So don't dare ask me to explain myself"

Please...
    Work in a cubicle and peddle medical supplies... Jesus. If This makes you feel like you have a pulse on the world by imagining what I do.
    Last edited by pgardn; 07-09-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They 8 pieced his dark ass

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Family Feud- We asked 100 White people

Name bad things Black people do

1. Kill people over material possessions
    2. Steal goldfish and resell them

Thread Information