Page 72 of 101 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2513
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically because LeBron's close friend, Rich Paul, is in charge of it, and most of LeBron's close friends or teammates tend to be Klutch clients, and they tend to get to where they want to go more often than not
    And??? It’s just business regardless their affiliation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. But many people feel Klutch has way too much power and influence over the league, which is probably true. especially when you hear stories about how Klutch basically runs the Lakers now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. But many people feel Klutch has way too much power and influence over the league, which is probably true. especially when you hear stories about how Klutch basically runs the Lakers now
    The Lakers sold their soul, that’s a Lakers problem not Klutch! Last I checked players don’t pay themselves millions of dollars to shoot an orange ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if im not mistaken, wasnt marcus morris also with them? and his shenanigans last year fueled the fires a bit

also DJM is with klutch

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s unethical. For one, Lebron can’t be perceived as having potential leverage over a compe or who is with HIS agency. That’s ridiculous and pathetic it was allowed to exist. Klutch was supposedly bought/consumed by another agency to create distance but in general it’s typical shady conflict of interest too common in not just basketball. I’m not a fan of it, personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was probably mentioned yesterday but...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To keep it perfectly 100, it’s about time BLACK representation is at the table in a league thats predominately BLACK! Not a novel concept.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the way this is playing out, I’m less enthusiastic about going after him with all the sideshow. Still triggered by Leonard experience.

That said, would be interested in being part of the trade for other pieces. You can see the salary matching foundation there, but obviously with major fighting about who sends what assets out still to be figured out:

GSW: Simmons (~30M)
    Spurs: Wiggins (~30M)
    Philly: Thad + White/Murray (~30M)
    Bulls: DeRozen (~28M)
    So you're suggesting we give up our starting backcourt & Thad while taking on Wiggins and his bloated contract, not to mention DeRozan. We already know Philly is looking for 4 first round picks for Simmons (never going to happen) but bare minimum they will want two, so what draft capital is left for us?

I couldn't see us moving those three and taking on Wiggins without getting back at least 3 firsts. Philly will obviously not give up any, the bulls first are all claimed till '25, and GS would have to commit theirs to Philly since they are getting Simmons. So in this proposed scenario we are losing 3 starting caliber players, signing away DeRozan, taking on Wiggins contact and getting back exactly the same thing we were getting in the current sign and trade. How does that make sense? Unless you're talking about taking some of the recent picks these teams have made but even then I don't see anyone who would move the needle for us enough to even get us back to where we are with Murray and White.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch is not bigger than the NBA..... get a grip people!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually I am. Scott Boras has been known to do whatever it takes to look out for his clients and they prosper no matter how hard he makes it on the teams..it’s just negotiating homie! Don’t make to much out of it, it’s just business. I actually like having diversity in the market place.
    And he was ty for the game. This is 1000x worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s unethical. For one, Lebron can’t be perceived as having potential leverage over a compe or who is with HIS agency. That’s ridiculous and pathetic it was allowed to exist. Klutch was supposedly bought/consumed by another agency to create distance but in general it’s typical shady conflict of interest too common in not just basketball. I’m not a fan of it, personally.
    Ok that’s your beef / angle?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he was ty for the game. This is 1000x worse.
    NBA Agents
    Agent Players
    1. Jeff Schwartz 33
    2. Rich Paul 27
    3. Austin Brown 24
    4. Aaron Mintz 20

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How’s the other guys on the list?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're suggesting we give up our starting backcourt & Thad while taking on Wiggins and his bloated contract, not to mention DeRozan. We already know Philly is looking for 4 first round picks for Simmons (never going to happen) but bare minimum they will want two, so what draft capital is left for us?

I couldn't see us moving those three and taking on Wiggins without getting back at least 3 firsts. Philly will obviously not give up any, the bulls first are all claimed till '25, and GS would have to commit theirs to Philly since they are getting Simmons. So in this proposed scenario we are losing 3 starting caliber players, signing away DeRozan, taking on Wiggins contact and getting back exactly the same thing we were getting in the current sign and trade. How does that make sense? Unless you're talking about taking some of the recent picks these teams have made but even then I don't see anyone who would move the needle for us enough to even get us back to where we are with Murray and White.
    Dude, I clearly said that the fighting would be about what assets had to be included to make things work. Clearly you wouldn’t just take Wiggins without assets coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok that’s your beef / angle?
    That’s just a starter. Why do you see player over empowerment as not a problem? Klutch is one aspect of that. Player over empowerment led to Nephew crippling this franchise. There need to be ethical lanes for an equitable system.

Perhaps Lebron isn’t abusing this power he holds informally. But if he wants his client DJM on the Lakers and orchestrates a drama/crisis where DJM forces his way out, then you see this as business as usual?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was probably mentioned yesterday but...

I think someone in other thread just said it went final. Still Spurs and Suns could
    Works something out on their own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate people who think saying "It's just business!!" is a valid thing. It's the mark of a completely amoral person.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think someone in other thread just said it went final. Still Spurs and Suns could
    Works something out on their own.
    but are the terms of the final deal known?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Demar news being official, we can’t trade Thad young or Aminu for awhile right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other news: The corpse of Udonis Haslem has once again been re-signed by the Heat for his 19th season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Demar news being official, we can’t trade Thad young or Aminu for awhile right?
    Yes we can. Just can't trade them with another Spurs player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iirc, they cannot be combined in a trade for awhile. they can be traded in a one for one i think. newly signed players cannot be traded for awhile either. since they were acquired in a trade Spurs can dump Young to another team by himself. i think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, I clearly said that the fighting would be about what assets had to be included to make things work. Clearly you wouldn’t just take Wiggins without assets coming back.
    I hear you man, I'm just pointing out that there are no assets. We won't be giving up any draft capital because of what we're losing and Philly won't be giving anything up because they believe they deserve everything and more for Simmons. So that leaves the Bulls (not able to give any 1st rounders until '27 counting the one promised to us for DDR) which leaves GS to cover the additional two picks we would need and the 3-4 picks Philly wants. Not trying to argue, just trying to figure out what assets you're talking about. The only fighting happening here would be us and Philly fighting over GS picks. The only way this works is if between GS's draft capital and recently drafted players the Spurs and Philly agree to split the haul. And that's presuming that GS is literally willing to mortgage their entire future for a forward who won't even dunk on a guard in an elimination game and can't shoot free throws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally!

Thread Information