Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 4323
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas

The Texas Longhorns head into the season-opener against Louisiana with momentum on the recruiting trail.

After a trio of On300 defensive line commitments in the last week, Texas is firmly one of the top 10 classes in the country.

With 11 verbals that are members of the On300, a top 5 class is now possible.

With more than a dozen On300 prospects still on the board, Inside Texas plays yes, maybe or no.

Yes is a better than 50-50 shot, Maybe is between 25-49% and no is below 25%.

Yes ​
    Devon Campbell, IOL, Arlington (Texas) Bowie
    On 300 Ranking: No. 18

Five-star Campbell will make fall officials to Texas, Alabama and LSU after June OVs to USC and Oklahoma. Close to home is expected to have the advantage here late.

Maybe​
    Evan Stewart, WR, Frisco (Texas) Liberty
    On300 Ranking: No. 5

The five-star will play in the SEC. Texas will need to get that entry date resolved sooner, rather than later. Florida joins Texas as most likely. Alabama, LSU and possibly Texas A&M round out the contenders.

Denver Harris, CB, Houston (Texas) North Shore
    On300 Ranking: No. 12

Five-star Harris remains a lean to Alabama. Texas has the best chance to upset Nick Saban. LSU is third and Texas A&M is on the peripheral.

Quency Wiggins, DL, Baton Rouge (La.) Madison Prep
    On300 Ranking: No. 22

One source in Louisiana says Alabama is not as likely due to scheme fit long term. Another source in the Pelican State said don’t bet against Alabama. Right now, LSU and Texas could have the best shot. Florida, Auburn and USC are also in the picture.

Brenen Thompson, WR, Spearman (Texas)
    On300 Ranking: No. 24

Family wants Thompson close to home. Texas A&M has the momentum over Texas headed into his Longhorns official September 17. Oklahoma State would be a major upset.

Kam Dewberry, OT, Humble (Texas) Atascocita
    On300 Ranking: No. 68

The Longhorns are scheduled to receive an unofficial visit Saturday. Texas A&M and Oklahoma are ahead of the Longhorns. Ohio State and LSU are in the fight.

Shazz Preston, WR, Saint James (La.)
    On300 Ranking: No. 87

Texas is expected to make the next cut, which should include LSU, Georgia and Alabama. Texas’ offensive scheme and ability to make an instant impact has registered.

Lander Barton, LB, Salt Lake City (Utah) Brighton
    On300 Ranking: No. 183

Barton is set to make an official visit to Texas for the Texas Tech game. Barton comes from a family full of former Utah Ute athletes, but the Longhorns have a shot.

Jaylon Guilbeau, CB, Port Arthur (Texas) Memorial
    On300 Ranking: No. 184

This recruitment is all over the place, as expected with the timing of the decommit. TCU was going to be the landing spot, but Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC changed that. Guilbeau will be in Austin Saturday, and Texas would likely take his verbal once again. Texas A&M remains in contact.

Justice Finkley, EDGE, Trussville (Ala.) Hewitt-Trussville
    On300 Ranking: No. 190

Texas has not backed off the 6-foot-2, 255-pounder. The staff still covets him despite a run of EDGE/DL commits in the last week. Alabama will accept a commitment. Colorado is the third team under consideration.

No ​
    Harold Perkins, LB, Cypress (Texas) Cy Park
    On300 Ranking: No. 8

The five-star linebacker is a lock to play in the SEC. Texas A&M and LSU are in front of Texas and Florida. Alabama lurking.

Jaleel Skinner, TE, Greer (S.C.) IMG Academy
    On300 Ranking: No. 17

The five-star from the Palmetto State now at IMG Academy is considered a long shot. Jeff Banks has Texas in the final five with Miami, Florida State, Clemson and Alabama.

Kelvin Banks, OT, Humble (Texas) Summer Creek
    On300 Ranking: No. 26

Texas continues to work to chip away at the Oregon verbal. Unless Banks shows back up in Austin, this is a “no.” Texas A&M won’t be giving up any time soon either.

Jordan Hudson, WR, Garland (Texas)
    On300 Ranking: No. 29

The SMU commit is still listening to Texas, and could make an official visit in the fall. If that OV happens, he moves to the “maybe” category.

Omai Abor, EDGE, Duncanville (Texas)
    On300 Ranking: No. 30

Texas made the final five for Abor, along with Ohio State, Alabama, LSU and Texas A&M. Texas best chance of winning out for Abor would be Harold Perkins ending up in Austin.

Neto Umeozulu, IOL/OT, Allen (Texas)
    On300 ranking: No. 58

Admittedly, this is a guess. With only one official taken to USC, there is a lot of runway left in this recruitment. Texas is working to receive a fall official, as is Texas A&M.

Earnest Greene, IOL, Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco
    On300 Ranking: No. 133

Texas covets the Southern California four-star. So does early favorite Ohio State, and a number of others. The Longhorns could get an official visit in the fall.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^^^^^
    So much of this depends on
    1. Having a really good season
    2. Having a firm SEC date

So I will ask:
    Chances we go in AFTER this season ie 2022-23 ? (we all know it depends on how other conf react but give me a number since the article did so willingly) anyone?

Thanks for the list/article 4ever.

Wiggins, Finkley, and Abor would just about wrap up DL class

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bobby Burton:

Yesterday, a college freshman, who was supposed to be a high school senior, announced he had reached an agreement with a company for an NIL deal in the amount of $1.4 million dollars.

Quinn Ewers, a quarterback from Southlake who was once committed to Texas, eventually committed to Ohio State, then a month ago decided to forgo his senior year of high school and enroll in college a full year early.

There were whispers that he was doing the wrong thing, abandoning his high school team at the last minute. But I mean it’s hard to say that in retrospect. $1.4mm is a lot of money to darn near anyone.

So the result is clear.

NIL is even affecting high school football now.

If Ewers, without much of a pedigree, is worth $1.4mm for a single deal, what is Arch Manning worth?

I’m anxious to see just how quickly Texas comes out of the gate on Saturday.

Tom Herman was typically good at scoring on first opportunities and/or first quarter management. Not so good the rest of the way.

I know that Alabama is a hard example to match given the talent he had in Tuscaloosa, but Steve Sarkisian was often nails on the first couple of drives.

I want to see how that translates at Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Uh what's up with that pose lol

Great article in the LA Times about Coach Sark....

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/s...-who-built-him

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Let's be honest, it won't be three years before fans are ready to let Sark out on the side of the road

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Post Count
    Let's be honest, it won't be three years before fans are ready to let Sark out on the side of the road
    It all depends on performance. It could be even shorter than that if things really go really badly. I really don't know what to expect.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It all depends on performance. It could be even shorter than that if things really go really badly. I really don't know what to expect.
    I don't expect much, tbh. I thought it was a mediocre hire. I guess we'll see

Herman was a total jackwagon....he had to go. He was arrogant AF and we weren't going to go to the next level with him. If Sark aint the guy, then we'll find someone else who might be.

I think Sark has done well to rebuild his career after his fall and yoiu can tell he appreciates everything. He has assembled a great staff around him. So while we might've done better....sticking with Herman I saw no hope for any improvements.

The BMD's are driving the bus and they terminated Herman...so we'll see what happens.....if Sark isn't it,....i guess we'll raid the Raiders for our next coach once again!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    if he can actually get some good QB play, then that at least puts the program back on the level mack had it for a while with lots of talent, meh coaching, but great QB play (until colt wimped out against bama and ruined gilberts psyche), which is far better than anything herman or strong could do. but yeah, his leash definitely has to be short, they cant screw up the start of their transfer to the SEC or it could get really ugly.

An unnamed "starter" will not be available for tomorrow game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    An unnamed "starter" will not be available for tomorrow game.
    probably whitt, like always

but there have been pictures seen of jared wiley with his arm in a sling

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    A giant tip jar. That's pretty cool, tbh.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    God that sucks.

Thread Information