notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    who's been denying this?

the way this process unfolds in time matters. letting COVID rip through us and wreck health care delivery is a choice, not an inevitability
    Your side, every step of the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's been denying this? it was clear last summer COVID was going to become endemic. I've expressed this view more than once in this forum.

But the way this process unfolds in time matters. Letting COVID rip through us and wreck health care delivery is a choice, not an inevitability
    Biden is allowing it to rip through.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nipah making a comeback. Makes covid look like a vacation in Cancun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden is allowing it to rip through.
    In contrast to last year, many state governors have abdicated responsibility for public health.

Other states -- notably Texas and Florida -- are actively playing defense for SARS-CoV-2 against local efforts to mitigate its spread, with deadly results.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In contrast to last year, many state governors have abdicated responsibility for public health.

Other states -- notably Texas and Florida -- are actively playing defense for SARS-CoV-2 against local efforts to mitigate its spread, with deadly results.
    And Biden is allowing all this. His bodycount is reaching 300k

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Biden is allowing all this. His bodycount is reaching 300k
    what do you think Biden should do differently?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what do you think Biden should do differently?
    Federal mandates. Shut it down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federal mandates. Shut it down.
    Shut what down? What kind of mandates are you talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut what down? What kind of mandates are you talking about?
    Mask, travel, congregations. Shut it a down. A la March 2020

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But for travel restrictions (which I agree would help), all that's in the bailiwick of the states.

US states did all the heavy lifting regarding non-medical intervention last year. There were no federal mandates, just federal advice. It was the states that issued shelter in place orders, defined essential workers and shut down businesses, churches and other places people congregate.

A federal mandate would be necessary for international travel restrictions, but other than that, the power lies where it belongs imho -- states are better situated to respond to local and regional conditions. As you well know, pandemic spread is discontinuous.

Why are you for one-size fits all federal mandates?
    Last edited by Winehole23; 09-07-2021 at 07:02 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But for travel restrictions (which I agree would help), all that's in the bailiwick of the states.

US states did all the heavy lifting regarding non-medical intervention last year. There were no federal mandates. States issued shelter in place, defined essential workers and shut down businesses, churches and other places people congregate

To save lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough.

Why do you let US states off the hook when there's so much they could do -- and have done, tbh -- to save lives?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (traditionally, disease control is a local police power)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough.

Why do you let US states off the hook when there's so much they could do -- and have done, tbh -- to save lives?
    The buck stops with Joe.

We have 300% more infections than last Labor Day. He should be doing daily briefings. He doesnt give a . Hes murdering thousands a day
    Last edited by hater; 09-07-2021 at 07:43 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The buck stops with Joe.
    I agree there's more Joe could do, but insisting responsibility rests solely with him requires willful blindness to history and the present. Disease control has always been local and regional.

Given that cities and states are best situated to assess and respond to local conditions, it kinda seems like BDS/TDS on your part to insist that they have no responsibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The buck stops with Joe.
    iefings
    We have 300% more infections than last Labor Day. He should be doing daily briefings. He doesnt give a . Hes murdering thousands a day
    Daily briefings would save lives how?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    leadership matters, but the blame Bubba narrative is weak, tbh.
    the Repug leadership is rotten, and the bubbas duped by that leadership are ignorant and radicalized against govt, science, democracy.

Easy targets are evangelicals who place God above human govt, and who hate, fear science because it negates all the bull in Bible, Adam and Eve/Genesis negated by evolution.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

US states did all the heavy lifting regarding non-medical intervention last year. There were no federal mandates, just federal advice. It was the states that issued shelter in place orders, defined essential workers and shut down businesses, churches and other places people congregate.

A federal mandate would be necessary for international travel restrictions, but other than that, the power lies where it belongs imho -- states are better situated to respond to local and regional conditions. As you well know, pandemic spread is discontinuous.

the federal structure of the US is a good thing IMO but not in a pandemic, the virus doesnt give a damn about jurisdictions. and federal mandates dont necessarily mean one size fits all, you can have a mandate with tiers based on certain indicators (positivity, % of population vaccinated, etc), but leaving it in the hands of states is irresponsible IMO. always knew the US would struggle to contain outbreaks without a coordinated policy, regardless of what party is in charge...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the federal structure of the US is a good thing IMO but not in a pandemic, the virus doesnt give a damn about jurisdictions. and federal mandates dont necessarily mean one size fits all, you can have a mandate with tiers based on certain indicators (positivity, % of population vaccinated, etc), but leaving it in the hands of states is irresponsible IMO. always knew the US would struggle to contain outbreaks without a coordinated policy, regardless of what party is in charge...
    however that may be, that's the legal regime we have. short of enabling federal legislation I'm not sure that can be changed.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don't do any of those yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling hater would be among the first to cry TYRANNY if Joe locked down, restricted travel and mandated masking.

His BDS requires him to pretend to be for these things so he can blame COVID 100% on Joe Biden.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling hater would be among the first to cry TYRANNY if Joe locked down, restricted travel and mandated masking.

His BDS requires him to pretend to be for these things so he can blame COVID 100% on Joe Biden.
    He regularly brags about being among unmasked gaggles of tourists in Florida.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake news tbqh

I mask, havent been in a.plane besides my one travel to Colombia. Havent been to concerts or any clubs, indoor bars tbqh

Mask up nig

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We blamed covid on Dump in 2020 We blame covid on Biden in 2021.

Doing anything else is illogifal and plain stupid. You are not stupid are you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We blamed covid on Dump in 2020 We blame covid on Biden in 2021.

Doing anything else is illogifal and plain stupid. You are not stupid are you?
    How inane. Politicians aren't to blame for infectious diseases, but they are responsible for how they deal with them.

Drumpf deserved the flames for undermining public health in cities and states trying to protect people, for his asinine grandstanding and for his callous disregard for Americans -- in short, for bad policies, bad messaging and bad leadership. That's not "blaming COVID on him," it's a job evaluation. COVID was DJT's call to greatness in public service, and he failed. It's fair to hold Biden to similar standards and to point out how he has failed too.

Biden and Trump both sold us down the river for political expedience and happy talk that things will soon be better. The toll will be told in sickness disability and death. And a badly compromised health care system. Cities and states that put political pandering over public health will share responsibility for this outcome.

There's plenty of blame to go around, so sorry your man crush got thumped by a corpse.

Thread Information