Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was actually thrilled that time Aldridge scored on Eric Gordon three feet from the basket late in the game. It was the most unexpected Spurs moment since that time Horry flushed one on Rip Hamilton in OT in another Game 5.
    I think he had better conditioning back then. I think he's lost the physical condition he needed to produce better on the offense he was used to.

I think Aldridge lacks ability to establish deep position and finish, or back down until deep in the paint. He gets stripped, or doesn't turn to the baseline, or recently he seems to be stopped by a guy like Harden.

It's frustrating of course. Prime Timmy would kill the Rockets. At the least, how hard is to seal a guard closer to the basket instead of asking for the ball so far from it?
    Lamarcus age is right about where you need to start taking your off season conditioning seriously. This is what separates those that want to win, vs those that do win. No more coming into training camp overweight.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he had better conditioning back then. I think he's lost the physical condition he needed to produce better on the offense he was used to.

I think Aldridge lacks ability to establish deep position and finish, or back down until deep in the paint. He gets stripped, or doesn't turn to the baseline, or recently he seems to be stopped by a guy like Harden.

It's frustrating of course. Prime Timmy would kill the Rockets. At the least, how hard is to seal a guard closer to the basket instead of asking for the ball so far from it?
    Prime Timmy? 2016 Duncan on two bad knees would be averaging 35 a game with Harden and Gordon switched onto him.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Timmy? 2016 Duncan on two bad knees would be averaging 35 a game with Harden and Gordon switched onto him.
    Didn't want to go that far but.. probably yeah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least Dedmon wants to kill somebody.
    I 2nd this notion!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge has the 4th worst offensive rating of any Spurs player in this series (101) -- only Forbes//Murray/Bertans who barely played have a lower rating..

But was told his "will gonna be imposed"..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was actually thrilled that time Aldridge scored on Eric Gordon three feet from the basket late in the game. It was the most unexpected Spurs moment since that time Horry flushed one on Rip Hamilton in OT in another Game 5.
    I was stunned he made that shot tbh. Him missing two Ft's to start OT and that turnover in the post midway through overtime didn't leave me with a ton of confidence in him. That Horry game was ing amazing. Didn't score at all in the first 35:57 in the game but finished with 21 in 25 minutes. Horry wasn't about to lose that game; neither were Green, Simmons, Manu, and Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge has the 4th worst offensive rating of any Spurs player in this series (101) -- only Forbes//Murray/Bertans who barely played have a lower rating..

But was told his "will gonna be imposed"..
    yeah a 101 O Rtg is pretty damn bad, no matter what player it is. This is the same guy that torched OKC in Game 1 and Game 2 last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah; make no mistake, Duncan would've gotten in that ass

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach lowe just mentioned in his podcast with JVG: according to synergy, Aldridge is 13-35 in the post for the series ....

He flat out said it verbatim: "It is not working"..

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach lowe just mentioned in his podcast with JVG: according to synergy, Aldridge is 13-35 in the post for the series ....

He is shooting 37% with defensive juggernaut like Harden/Anderson guarding him..Just in abysmal..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

gambit1990 wanting this scrub to get more touches

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    incredible. and that's old man duncan

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    can you imagine players like beverley, harden, or gordon trying to guard Timmy in the post? even old man Duncan would all over them on one knee. LMA is trash

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can you imagine players like beverley, harden, or gordon trying to guard Timmy in the post? even old man Duncan would all over them on one knee. LMA is trash
    27/18 every night tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even worse LMFAOOOO

This is Aldridge's FG% by distance in the playoffs (without counting tonight )
    3-10 feet: 13.1FG%
    10-16 feet: 23.8FG%
    16 feet - 3pt line: 26.9FG%

Do you ever get tired of being everybody's dumpster you got?
    Wait so he's shooting under 30% for the playoffs? I knew he was sucking but holy that's historically bad, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait so he's shooting under 30% for the playoffs? I knew he was sucking but holy that's historically bad, tbh.
    Tgy made a mistake. He's shooting 46iirc

Those are jump shot numbers. Dosnt take simple layups and dunks

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Na I read it wrong, it's slightly better.

From 10-16ft he's at 41FG%
    From 16ft - 3pt line he's at 28FG%
    From 3Pt he's at 0FG%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post prime one legged Tim schooling ppl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I can understand Aldridge - he's got issues with his leg. But Pau just averaged 17/game with the Bulls last year. We know he couldn't defend anything but the rim, but surely they must have thought he could still punish smaller guys down low.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD is one of the last bigs that make the other team pay for going small by dominating the frontline. He had issues sometimes with longer defenders but feasted on smaller defenders.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post prime one legged Tim schooling ppl
    Timmy looks so comfy out there compared to LA

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that Aldridge is a big who dislikes contact but until this year you could generally count on him being effective on the rare occasion when he did decide to go inside.... Not so much this year and that is very worrisome since that is the place where the Spurs had the advantage on most teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I can understand Aldridge - he's got issues with his leg. But Pau just averaged 17/game with the Bulls last year. We know he couldn't defend anything but the rim, but surely they must have thought he could still punish smaller guys down low.
    He didn't get his 17ppg on the Bulls off of post ups, he only shot .566 at the rim - the lowest career mark by far. He got his points from jump shots but he can't find his spots these playoffs at all. Part of it is the Spurs don't have elite penetration or playmaking.

LMA has no lift, can't hit turnaround jump shots with no lift. Whether it's an injury or conditioning we'll probably find out later. Wouldn't surprise me if he has a knee 'procedure' in the summer.
    Last edited by BG_Spurs_Fan; 05-11-2017 at 03:04 AM.

Thread Information