Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s Bleacher Report so take it with a big ‘ol grain of salt, but yea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA trade deadline is just two days away and DeMar DeRozan — despite continuously denying reports of him wanting a trade — may be a player who would welcome a change of scenery.

In an article about what insiders are saying ahead of the deadline, Bleacher Report’s Jake Fischer reported that DeRozan could have his sights set on rejoining the Eastern Conference, either now or after this season.

DeMar DeRozan is amid the final year of his current contract with the San Antonio Spurs and is earning himself some money with how he’s performing this season. The four-time All-Star is quietly having a productive season with the Spurs by averaging 20.6 points, 4.5 rebounds, and a career-high 7.4 assists per game.
    While DeRozan seems to be getting comfortable in Gregg Popovich’s system, it’s uncertain if he is anxious to remain in San Antonio. With that in mind, Fischer named the New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls, and Orlando Magic as suitors for DeRozan.

If the Knicks were to acquire DeMar DeRozan, it would give them exactly what they need as they make a push for the playoffs. Getting a wing who can facilitate the offense could open things up for Julius Randle, RJ Barrett, and Immanuel Quickley.
    As for the Bulls, they believe they are a piece away from being able to sneak into the playoffs. Chicago currently holds the No. 9 seed in the Eastern Conference at 19-23 but is still just 2.5 games behind the No. 4 seed. Fischer notes Otto Porter Jr. could be used as a possible trade chip to get DeRozan.

For the Magic, while they aren’t positioned to win this season, they are confident in their future once Markelle Fultz and Jonathan Isaac return from injuries. Regardless of whether or not he’s traded by Thursday’s deadline, DeMar DeRozan may be paying close attention to teams in the Eastern Conference for when he hits free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, made available and willing to actually accept trade offers are to very different things. Will be very surprised if he actually does get traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, made available and willing to actually accept trade offers are to very different things. Will be very surprised if he actually does get traded.

Agreed. Don’t think he’s moved before the deadline, but him wanting out of SA wouldn’t be the least bit surprising, especially if we miss the playoffs for a second straight year. Or even making them but being eliminated in the first round. Not unless we offer him max money, which we won’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gone....but probably will walk as a free agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prayingdog.jpg

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His defense sucks. He showed that a lot yesterday. It’s super frustrating. I’m a fan of his game offensively, but he pisses me off on defense. Trade him if you can get a young player in return who is up and coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can't trade him, our FO sucks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way DD is out right now, but I like Bulls young players like Markkanen (inj prone) and Coby White, even Wendell has some ceiling.
    White is struggling with Billy Donovan system, but his ceiling is high, he need a change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can't trade him, our FO sucks
    So you say he's terrible, but then expect other teams to think the opposite so that they trade for him. Doesn't make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar strikes me as someone loyal. He didn't want to leave freezing cold Canada because he invested deeply and learned to love the city. And I think he feels the same with the Spurs, especially playing with the young core. But then again he was snubbed by the All-Star selection and rated 82nd by ESPN, it could be how everybody hated the Spurs? Or it would be different in a big market like New York, Miami or Orlando? I hope not. I think Demar is waayy under appreciated, and he's been a very good soldier. He hasn't really complained and did what he was asked to do. He has learned to become a facilitator, and arguably playing the best basketball in his career imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch him go back to Toronto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lowry is gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe recruiting Kyle??

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See ya. Don’t let the DOR hit you on the way out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see. DeMar would help an Eastern team's playoff chances significantly and he's playing good ball. If the FO feels they'll lose him anyway they should make a move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still like a trade to ATL. Makes sense for both sides.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't think this is true.
    Demar had the opportunity last year and he didn't.
    Maybe we are offering a contract that he does not agree with.
    I see him staying for 2 more years at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s Bleacher Report so take it with a big ‘ol grain of salt, but yea.
    No chit. Pure speculation piece.

"The NBA trade deadline is just two days away and DeMar DeRozan — despite continuously denying reports of him wanting a trade — may be a player who would welcome a change of scenery.

In an article about what insiders are saying ahead of the deadline, Bleacher Report’s Jake Fischer reported that DeRozan could have his sights set on rejoining the Eastern Conference, either now or after this season.

DeMar DeRozan is amid the final year of his current contract with the San Antonio Spurs and is earning himself some money with how he’s performing this season. The four-time All-Star is quietly having a productive season with the Spurs by averaging 20.6 points, 4.5 rebounds, and a career-high 7.4 assists per game.
    While DeRozan seems to be getting comfortable in Gregg Popovich’s system, it’s uncertain if he is anxious to remain in San Antonio. With that in mind, Fischer named the New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls, and Orlando Magic as suitors for DeRozan.

If the Knicks were to acquire DeMar DeRozan, it would give them exactly what they need as they make a push for the playoffs. Getting a wing who can facilitate the offense could open things up for Julius Randle, RJ Barrett, and Immanuel Quickley.
    As for the Bulls, they believe they are a piece away from being able to sneak into the playoffs. Chicago currently holds the No. 9 seed in the Eastern Conference at 19-23 but is still just 2.5 games behind the No. 4 seed. Fischer notes Otto Porter Jr. could be used as a possible trade chip to get DeRozan."

For the Magic, while they aren’t positioned to win this season, they are confident in their future once Markelle Fultz and Jonathan Isaac return from injuries. Regardless of whether or not he’s traded by Thursday’s deadline, DeMar DeRozan may be paying close attention to teams in the Eastern Conference for when he hits free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see. DeMar would help an Eastern team's playoff chances significantly and he's playing good ball. If the FO feels they'll lose him anyway they should make a move.
    Exactly. If you can get good assets back and the guy still won’t re-sign, they should be listening.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind having DD back for 1 more year but it's best to trade him now to fill the roster out. Spurs really need to alleviate the glut of guards so they can start giving guys like Vassell/Keldon/Samanic at their natural positions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't think this is true.
    Demar had the opportunity last year and he didn't.
    Maybe we are offering a contract that he does not agree with.
    I see him staying for 2 more years at least.
    I think it depends on who we can sign a 20/10 to help us go deeper. I think he'll be a big part of the discussion, and will make him decide whether to pack or stay.
    He's also probably thinking of his friend Lowry in addition. I wouldn't mind a two year deal. We don't have a clutch shooter, deadly assassin like Lowry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need a starting pf who can also play backup center. demar has to go for roster balance at the very least

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need a starting pf who can also play backup center. demar has to go for roster balance at the very least
    Demar is a point forward and not a PF/C. You're mistaking him for Aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soo nothing new? Got it

Thread Information