Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    billups was not "found innocent" he was not prossecuted which is common. It's up to you and everyone else to weight his account. But that's independent of the decision to hire him, it happened along time ago. The reporter asked the team "did you consider the sex assualt when you hired him" "we did an investigation" "how did you investigate?" " you we aint telling".

the correct answer is that "in consultation with Mr billups we are assured we can ensure a safe environment and will prioritize anti harassment/ pro consent teaching"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    billups was not "found innocent" he was not prossecuted which is common. It's up to you and everyone else to weight his account. But that's independent of the decision to hire him, it happened along time ago. The reporter asked the team "did you consider the sex assualt when you hired him" "we did an investigation" "how did you investigate?" " you we aint telling".

the correct answer is that "in consultation with Mr billups we are assured we can ensure a safe environment and will prioritize anti harassment/ pro consent teaching"

Yeah ill go with innocent because if there would have been probable cause he would have been arrested and prosecuted. Im sure he paid hush money so the gold digger can just go away.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They made a big deal about considering her, said it was the owners choice, then picked billups.

Its not that they picked billups over becky, its that they tried to play both sides, and got caught.

In doing so they slandered the spurs organization. I dont think anyoneargues it was wrong to pass over becky, its about the guests absolute. Cowardly spin attempts
    Chris Paul stated in the post game last night that he talked with Billups while he was in quarantine and Billups told him he was going to be the head coach of the blazers. It seems to confirm the fact that the blazers had already chosen their gut and all the rest of this was just for show

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Hollinger in his article about the Blazers/Mavs coaching hires:

"The Blazers also made things worse for themselves by bringing in a female candidate, Becky Hammon, but she may as well have been attached to a giant neon sign reading “this is a token interview for appearances only.”To be fair, Portland did conduct a second interview with Hammon, but this still seemed for appearances sake: Everyone in the league has known Olshey wanted to hire Billups for ages...But for now, the best fake-sincere way to show you’re an enlightened franchise is to interview Becky Hammon, and then hire the dude you wanted to hire anyway. Sadly, she has to keep taking these interviews and hope that one of these teams actually means well. After all, Kim Ng was hired by the Miami Marlins as MLB’s first female GM earlier this year after being a constant runner-up for two decades."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You are right that he was not found innocent, but that doesn't mean he was found guilty either. And under our legal system, you are en led to a presumption of innocence. It is certainly legally possible to sue him civilly and get a payment while also pushing to prosecute him criminally. These things can be complicated and he said/she said so I think it's hard to judge him either way. My issue is that no one cared about it with his other jobs. It was only when Becky got passed over that it became an issue.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Hollinger in his article about the Blazers/Mavs coaching hires:

"The Blazers also made things worse for themselves by bringing in a female candidate, Becky Hammon, but she may as well have been attached to a giant neon sign reading “this is a token interview for appearances only.”To be fair, Portland did conduct a second interview with Hammon, but this still seemed for appearances sake: Everyone in the league has known Olshey wanted to hire Billups for ages...But for now, the best fake-sincere way to show you’re an enlightened franchise is to interview Becky Hammon, and then hire the dude you wanted to hire anyway. Sadly, she has to keep taking these interviews and hope that one of these teams actually means well. After all, Kim Ng was hired by the Miami Marlins as MLB’s first female GM earlier this year after being a constant runner-up for two decades."

I think this is the real issue. Portland created this problem by interviewing her with no intention of ever hiring her. No one criticized the franchises that didn't interview her when they made their coaching selections. And then they start saying that someone in the Spurs organization was trashing her. That might be true, it might not. But that was definitely floated out there to cover them. It's unfortunate, because not only did they not hire Becky or really even consider hiring her, but they just damaged her reputation in a public way by saying that someone off the record from the franchise she got her coaching start with was bad mouthing her. Now that will hang over ever GM that considers hiring her going forward. Just a terrible job of managing things by that franchise. They put unnecessary heat on both Billups and Becky.

Thread Information