My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican greed and corruptions continues without any limits.

--------------------------------

The Transportation Department under Secretary Elaine Chao designated a special liaison to help with grant applications and other priorities from her husband Mitch McConnell’s state of Kentucky, paving the way for grants totaling at least $78 million for favored projects as McConnell prepared to campaign for reelection.

Chao’s aide Todd Inman, who stated in an email to McConnell’s Senate office that Chao had personally asked him to serve as an intermediary, helped advise the senator and local Kentucky officials on grants with special significance for McConnell — including a highway-improvement project in a McConnell political stronghold that had been twice rejected for previous grant applications.

Beginning in April 2017, Inman and Chao met annually with a delegation from Owensboro, Ky., a river port with long connections to McConnell, including a plaza named in his honor. At the meetings, according to participants, the secretary and the local officials discussed two projects of special importance to the river city of 59,809 people — a plan to upgrade road connections to a commercial riverport and a proposal to expedite reclassifying a local parkway as an Interstate spur, a move that could persuade private businesses to locate in Owensboro.

Inman, himself a longtime Owensboro resident and onetime mayoral candidate who is now Chao’s chief of staff, followed up the 2017 meeting by emailing the riverport authority on how to improve its application. He also discussed the project by phone with Al Mattingly, the chief executive of Daviess County, which includes Owensboro, who suggested Inman was instrumental in the process.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ACEPS7?ocid=sf

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the context of Trash degrading the Medal Of Freedom to Arthur Laffer,

I read an article that Laffer's economic fantasy BULL in the 1980s told Repugs that they could do any damn thing they wanted to do, detached from facts, science, morals, ethics, because there would be no punishment.

Will McConnell / Chao be punished for their corruption? no

Will Trash? no

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She also is enriching herself and her corrupt family by taking them to China and making illicit deals with china - all while representing the US government.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing from TSA et al.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing from TSA et al.
    There's no controversy if one side refuses to argue.

Anyway, what's the point of fighting corruption if doing so does not tend to extend Republican minority rule?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no controversy if one side refuses to argue.

Anyway, what's the point of fighting corruption if doing so does not tend to extend Republican minority rule?
    It's shocking how little air this gets. In any other administration, this would be a four-alarm fire.

I guess when the entire city is burning, what's one more building?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican greed and corruptions continues without any limits.
    Was wondering if that was still a thing

Thx for the update, OP!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was wondering if that was still a thing

Thx for the update, OP!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's shocking how little air this gets. In any other administration, this would be a four-alarm fire.

I guess when the entire city is burning, what's one more building?
    I remember complaints that there was so much going on with the Repug Reign of Error 2001-2008 that much of slipped by unnoticed.

I'm sure Trash, as well as opening the Overton window lower, and the Repugs have so much nasty, retrograde, sociopathic, unCons utional going on since 2017 that it's hard to publicize it all, and none of it is being punished, exemplifying to the next Repugs where to start in ing up America even more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mythical democracy only works when there is willful agreement on what the reality is, and the people must participate in good faith for the common good. Obviously, America hasn't been a democracy forever, and it's getting much worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When rules are not enough to curb corruption

Even in the world’s least-corrupt countries,

recent scandals have led to a search for new ways to appeal to individual integrity as a solution.

https://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/the-monitors-view/2019/0607/When-rules-are-not-enough-to-curb-corruption?j=186738&sfmc_sub=38882700&l=1222_HTML& u=6623624&mid=10979696&jb=26&cmpid=ema:Commentary: 20190613&src=newsletter

today's eg:

WH is saying " you" to KAC's violations of the Hatch Act.

And they will get away with it.

No accountability, no punishment. And they know it.

Repugs are doing WHATEVER THE they want, and getting away with it.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-13-2019 at 05:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Foremost Group CEO Angela Chao died after car went into Texas pond, sheriff says (msn.com)

McConnells wifes sister.

Wonder what she was going to expose.

Thread Information