Page 236 of 257 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 6404
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, I think how the Dems handled this ensures they won’t win the senate. Kavanaugh isn’t going anywhere. He’s like Obamacare, you may hate it, but it’s here to stay.
    If he stays -
    why would anyone at any trial in the USA - be held to taking an oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

If the SC justice does not - why should they?

He will be impeached - book it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Impeach Trump, right?

Trump will impeach himself - when Mueller files his report.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only are Repukes celebrating -
    so is the Kremlin;

https://investigaterussia.org/media/...augh-messaging

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    House needs simple majority to pass impeachment

Senate needs 2/3 to convict, and the Dems won't have 2/3 in the Senate, haven't had haven't for many years.

And when Mueller, NYAG presents findings that Trash committed Federal crimes, the Senate Repugs don't care about any laws broken by Repugs, eg, K LYING under oath multiple times.

I can see Trash using the Presidential alert system for his own self-aggrandizing, self-defense, whining purposes, and nobody will stop him.

And no Pres has EVER been convicted by ANY Senate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The senate has always been a long-shot for the Democrats given the 2018 map. 2020 is when they'll have a real shot at it.

I agree 2020 is the real test for Dem's. I'm afraid if the Dem's did re-take the senate they may just be stupid enough to try and impeach Trump, or will just obstruct everything, prompting Trump to say he can't get nothing accomplished because of Dem's, thus fore giving this fool a fighters chance in 2020.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    If he stays -
    why would anyone at any trial in the USA - be held to taking an oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Trump will impeach himself - when Mueller files his report.
    djohn jr

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only are Repukes celebrating -
    so is the Kremlin;

https://investigaterussia.org/media/...augh-messaging

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone knew this was inevitable except for you and a couple of delusional LEFTISTS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

an oath!

"Do you - swear to say that you are telling the truth the whole truth - even though you are not and the entire country knows you are not?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dsnowflake208

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new Ray Croc where nothingburgers are concerned. Ray Croc of ... lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he stays -

Because the lying under oath arguments require gymnastics for you to make those conclusions.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the lying under oath arguments require gymnastics for you to make those conclusions.

Actually, it was pretty blatant and there is do ented proof. FBI was not allowed to include this in their sham investigation.
    2006 & again in 2018 - lied about the "spying memos" and the "torture" answers he gave under oath.
    That would be enough - but he added his yearbook lies, drinking lies,etc

Blatant lying under oath and there is no way to get out of it. Only thing keeping him from a true investigation is the GOP having the majority - but that will change.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he stays -

I think you will be disappointed - I'd put money on that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad to see he was confirmed with a bipartisan vote. It's time for us to come together and heal now. Together we can MAGA!
    The opposition was also bi-partisan. I don't think it matters if the vote is 51-50 or anything other than a majority for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad to see he was confirmed with a bipartisan vote. It's time for us to come together and heal now. Together we can MAGA!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree 2020 is the real test for Dem's. I'm afraid if the Dem's did re-take the senate they may just be stupid enough to try and impeach Trump, or will just obstruct everything, prompting Trump to say he can't get nothing accomplished because of Dem's, thus fore giving this fool a fighters chance in 2020.
    They should obstruct everything Trump tries to do just like McConnell did Obama. McConnell doesn't get to break the senate and then all of a sudden have it a functioning body again when his guy is in the white house and can sign bills. Democrats have to respond in kind to McConnell's bull , he doesn't get to have it both ways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "if the Dem's did re-take the senate"

2/3 Senate to convict, not gonna happen

No Pres has ever been convicted by Senate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We misogynists cannot lie, we misogynists really, really care about women, treat them as full human beings

Republican senator lectures women on how not to feel about his support for Kavanaugh

It is “simply not true” that Republican support for Brett Kavanaugh is a sign Republicans don’t care about you. Let’s let the man speak for himself:

“I’m here to talk about the false choice that is being repeated hour after hour after hour on television that this confirmation vote about one vacant seat on the Supreme Court,

in that vote we are somehow going to be making a giant binary choice about the

much broader issue of whether we do or do not care about women. That is simply not true,” he said.

Somehow the Republicans who talk like they’re principled opponents of Trump always manage to be just as dishonest as the Republicans who openly embrace Trump and his stream of lies.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

"whether we do or do not care about women. That is simply not true"

which side of the "binary" "or" is "simply not true"

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-07-2018 at 10:00 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should obstruct everything Trump tries to do just like McConnell did Obama. McConnell doesn't get to break the senate and then all of a sudden have it a functioning body again when his guy is in the white house and can sign bills. Democrats have to respond in kind to McConnell's bull , he doesn't get to have it both ways.
    Our new SC justice said what goes around comes around...

So...

McConnel basically stated to the color minded red team “I’m gonna stop this black guy”. Then red team got 8 years of a strutting intelligent black man who they could not anger. And it killed them even though he pulled some very red team moves.

Its time for the blue blue team to get their licks in possibly. Disrupt. Delay. But in 2020 they will have the executive branch again imo... What then?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's True: Misogyny Is at the Heart of Right-Wing Politics

Republicans really do hate women

“When you grow up, I’ll be glad to [speak to you],Sen. Orrin Hatch snapped at a group of protesters, equating grown women with children who need a scolding.

You needed to go to the cops,” Sen. Lindsey Graham told another protester when she confronted him about her own history of rape, implying that he -- with no information about her situation -- understood her options better than she did.

Sen. Ben Sasse dismissed the protests by women against Kavanaugh as "hysteria" three times during the original confirmation hearing, when the focus was primarily on reproductive rights and before sexual assault became an issue.

Donald Trump, of course, is screeching on Twitter about how the protesters are

"paid" and funded by "Soros," because it is impossible for him imagine that women might actually have minds of their own.

This dismissal of the intelligence or honesty of sexual assault survivors is sadly not surprising.

That is how women's stories of sexual abuse have been discredited since forever.

That's how Christine Blasey Ford's moving testimony against Kavanaugh is being discredited.

This has nothing to do with what's true or most believable or most backed by evidence.

It's about asserting that women's voices have no value, no matter what they're saying or how true it is.

Christine Blasey Ford's testimony was more of the same. She had a soft, girlish voice and a winsome demeanor, completely without guile. She was vulnerable, not angry.

She came across as someone who really believed that if the Senate knew the truth, it would do the right thing.

Now she's getting smeared as a liar or a crazy woman and lost anyway.

Kate Manne disputes the naive conception of misogyny as some sort of knee-jerk hatred of women. Instead, she argues that

it's about the policing of women.

A misogynist is perfectly happy with women if they behave the way he wants them to, by being servile and pleasing.

But when women start to resist their assigned role and start insisting on respect, justice and equality, the fangs will come out.

But when women started saying no to him and started speaking up, he got red-faced, screaming and self-pitying. Republicans in Congress were so deeply moved by his performance because they, too, cannot believe these women who think they have a right to speak out.

That was why it had to be Brett Kavanaugh,

rather than subs uting in some other right-wing judge with equivalent qualifications and fewer allegations of drunken sexual assault

Because

Republican misogyny is not an act, and the party and its followers eagerly seized this opportunity to put women in their place.

https://www.alternet.org/its-true-mi...-wing-politics

Why did the Repugs stick with K, when Federalist Society had dozens other oligarchy- s-in-waiting?

Because K and his attempted-rape-is-ok-with-Repugs was a baseball bat to beat ALL women with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its time for the blue blue team to get their licks in possibly. Disrupt. Delay. But in 2020 they will have the executive branch again imo... What then?
    This is the way the senate is going to be for a long time. It's the stable equilibrium once obstructionism became normalized by eight years of McConnell. The Democrats rightfully reply in kind. Then the Republicans will do the same once the Democrats take over at whatever point that will be. And so on. There is no putting that genie back in the bottle once McConnell unleashed it.

Thread Information