Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of reading about Pop's military background and how that shaped who he is. For s sake he served 5 years and even then only did basketball. What shaped who Pop is can be traced back to which side his bread gets buttered - namely that he's made a fortune off of the talent of genetically gifted black men and in the process he's acted like a "father figure" which means basically the bossman.
    True, but at least he's cognizant of his privileged position, which is not always a given. I know I've disagreed plenty about Pop the coach and the ultimate media asshole, but he's not always wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but at least he's cognizant of his privileged position, which is not always a given. I know I've disagreed plenty about Pop the coach and the ultimate media asshole, but he's not always wrong.
    No need to argue with that fool, the Spurs being one of the most racially diverse teams in the league proves him wrong. It's not Pop's fault he is white and one of the best at what he does. He is the first to tell you he is privileged, but he uses that privilege to do good things, such as to speak up for racial justice and against police brutality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to argue with that fool, the Spurs being one of the most racially diverse teams in the league proves him wrong. It's not Pop's fault he is white and one of the best at what he does. He is the first to tell you he is privileged, but he uses that privilege to do good things, such as to speak up for racial justice and against police brutality.
    And it goes without saying that he's in a position, both economically and socially, where it really doesn't matter who the president is. How good or bad that person is at their job. He could easily stay quiet, funnel a bunch of money to the candidates of his choice, and don't risk anything with political opinions.

Yet he's courageous enough to speak up, and should be recognized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good work by the OP I have to say.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you can't back it up. Don't beat around the bush, just say it.

The country isn't splitting apart mostly because people like you are a tiny minority who are all talk. You won't do absolutely anything about it.

It's the closest number we have, do you have anything better?

You need to work on your credibility, making claims is easy, backing them up not so much.
    You made a claim and didn't back it up.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These leftists really hate that symbol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You made a claim and didn't back it up.
    Do tell... plenty of people reading here, I think I supported my contention fairly well, no questions asked so far.

If it's the pledge aspect, I'll be happy to correct my statement to "bunch of losers having a positive reaction to the confederate flag".

How about you, are you gonna step up your game?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Gregg ever shut the up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Pop. But he’s been taking checks from a family that also donated to Trump.

Sure, unlike other owners, Holts have always apparently allowed Pop to speak freely despite it going against their political beliefs but the part about donations making people hypocritical is a little odd with that context.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that’s why I can’t stand Pop he talks out of his ASS when he could have taken a stand against China he pussies out. He got so much to say about every other person and organization but when the Light was on China he was like a roach and scurried into the night. It’s like it’s in your own house and you ain’t going to say one word
    You’ve got that just exactly backwards. China isn’t his house, the US is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Pop. But he’s been taking checks from a family that also donated to Trump.

Sure, unlike other owners, Holts have always apparently allowed Pop to speak freely despite it going against their political beliefs but the part about donations making people hypocritical is a little odd with that context.
    To be fair, he's not the one that singled them out. Wonder if his response is the same when it comes to the Holts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I do know is you will never win a debate by not allowing your opponent to speak or by using insults. It takes an extreme level of intelligence and communication skills to get people to agree. Shutting them down or insulting them creates a deeper divide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I do know is you will never win a debate by not allowing your opponent to speak or by using insults. It takes an extreme level of intelligence and communication skills to get people to agree. Shutting them down or insulting them creates a deeper divide.
    So
    Much
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trumpers/Bunker Boys (especially the ones on the internet) are beyond gone tbh. Donnie has been ting in their mouths the last 4 years and their response is still "May I have another?"

No amount of intelligence, communication skills, or facts for that matter are changing these idiots' minds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trumpers/Bunker Boys (especially the ones on the internet) are beyond gone tbh. Donnie has been ting in their mouths the last 4 years and their response is still "May I have another?"

No amount of intelligence, communication skills, or facts for that matter are changing these idiots' minds.
    And we're back to an "irredeemable" "basket of deplorables"... Who by implication should be at best second class citizens, if not outright serfs, to their "betters", who hate them. Tell me again how well you think this will work out for you?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we’ll all be checking the scoreboard in november and that will be that

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And we're back to an "irredeemable" "basket of deplorables"... Who by implication should be at best second class citizens, if not outright serfs, to their "betters", who hate them. Tell me again how well you think this will work out for you?
    but also lmao are you talking about dems and reps or magas and blacks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, he's not the one that singled them out. Wonder if his response is the same when it comes to the Holts.
    And I’m not saying I agree with the premise of donations = monster or hypocrisy. Just pointing it out that to speak on that while not addressing your employer did it as well? It’s odd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, what the nba did and has done in China is wrong and they botched it. It was cowardly and nothing changes that and we shouldn’t do mental gymnastics to justify it.

That still doesn’t change what they are doing in USA or invalidate it but let’s not be dishonest about China.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that’s why I can’t stand Pop he talks out of his ASS when he could have taken a stand against China he pussies out. He got so much to say about every other person and organization but when the Light was on China he was like a roach and scurried into the night. It’s like it’s in your own house and you ain’t going to say one word
    Pop only speaks out on issues as long as it doesn't affect his bottom line. Mention China and he's the quietest voice in the room. He loves that blood money from the CCP. All his diatribes on fascism ring hollow when he won't address the most authoritarian country on the planet. China's human rights abuses are downright horrific considering they're actively committing a genocide on their Uighur minorities(and proud of it considering all the concentration camps). But that's okay to Pop as long as the check clears. It's just disillusioning to see Pop, along with the rest of the NBA, put a gag order on Morey, the only NBA voice that had the balls to speak out against the CCP.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    China has billions invested in the NBA. That's literally his house.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No expects to convert the Bunker 's cult.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do tell... plenty of people reading here, I think I supported my contention fairly well, no questions asked so far.

If it's the pledge aspect, I'll be happy to correct my statement to "bunch of losers having a positive reaction to the confederate flag".

How about you, are you gonna step up your game?
    That's an accurate statement.

I link information regularly. Not everything has data to back it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China has billions invested in the NBA. That's literally his house.
    He could walk away from the NBA tomorrow, and not have a thing to do with China ever again. Not his house.

Why does Trump roundly criticize China for militarizing against their population, and do the same to his own?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Insulting others is talking at people not talking to people. When you do this you are not for change but are supporting more of the same.

Thread Information