Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1742
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People can hate and what not but that Jokic kid is ing good. Dude just turned 24 2 months ago. He’s going to be an all time great tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His love affair with Wombat is absolutely on him. To play wombat the last 16 minutes, to not atleast do offense/defense subs utions when you have an all-defense guy on the bench. That's all on him.
    white wasnt doing any better. he didnt have any buttons to push. murray could have been an option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn't just very bad, they were giving him the outside shots, and he was shorting them, he wasn't ready for the pressure, and like it or not he couldn't be trusted to be on the court. He's young, hopefully he learns from this but he was done after he missed that wide open three.
    Many players missed wide-open shots.
    Denver adjusted their defense after game 3 and White never recovered his scoring, there's no doubt. However, the potential for him to recover does at least exist. You can't say that for Patty in this series. Furthermore, White's defense is much better than Mills.
    Pop screwed the pooch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because when you get the stop you still need to score on the other end. Are you saying that was bad defense on Murray when he made it?
    You call a ing timeout if you really think it's that crucial to get Wombat in there then (it's not--did he even hit a shot those last 16 minutes). Priority #1 was to get the stop. Taking it for granted and looking ahead to the next possession on offense is ridiculous. Noone does that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People can hate and what not but that Jokic kid is ing good. Dude just turned 24 2 months ago. He’s going to be an all time great tbh.
    He's a special player. I actually enjoy watching him play. He has great post up moves along with great passing. He's going to be a great player for very long time since he doesn't rely on athleticism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were people saying before the series that Jokic was over-rated. I'd take him over LMA in a heartbeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white wasnt doing any better. he didnt have any buttons to push. murray could have been an option.
    You too bro? Really?

Yeah, White wasn't doing well but atleast you get consistent defense with him. What exactly did Wombat do offensively for one to say "yeah, I can see why it makes sense for him to be out there despite the big drop off from White on defense"?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many players missed wide-open shots.
    Denver adjusted their defense after game 3 and White never recovered his scoring, there's no doubt. However, the potential for him to recover does at least exist. You can't say that for Patty in this series. Furthermore, White's defense is much better than Mills.
    Pop screwed the pooch.
    you said it yourself they adjusted after game 3, that mean that they gave him three games to recover. He wasn't able to. It's no wonder he had a short leash on game 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frustrating part is obviously the Spurs win the game if they bring their C game, instead they get a D- performance....

Still, I'm pretty damn glad this season is over. Seeing this squad blow missed opportunity after missed opportunity, showing absolutely zero killer instinct, and just being one of the dumbest teams I can remember was tough to watch. Really, genuinely happy I don't have to waste anymore time following a team where none of the guys really give a ....

Really looking forward to not having to think about this loser franchise for several months. Only thing that we can hope for this summer is if Pop decides to quit (both coaching and running the team)......

See you guys next year for the next 1st round exit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you said it yourself they adjusted after game 3, that mean that they gave him three games to recover. He wasn't able to. It's no wonder he had a short leash on game 7.
    Patty was ing trash the entire series. Where's his short leash?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You call a ing timeout if you really think it's that crucial to get Wombat in there then (it's not--did he even hit a shot those last 16 minutes). Priority #1 was to get the stop. Taking it for granted and looking ahead to the next possession on offense is ridiculous. Noone does that.
    If they convert you can't afford to waste your timeout on that, they'd be up four and you'd need that last TO to advance the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty was ing trash the entire series. Where's his short leash?
    Oh I'm sorry did I miss that show of a first half when White was in the game, I mean I guess it wasn't him in there too? Why is it so hard for you people to understand that White was shook and Mills wasn't, was mills running around crazy and ? yes he was, but he was still confident, while White was out there playing like a second year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You too bro? Really?

Yeah, White wasn't doing well but atleast you get consistent defense with him. What exactly did Wombat do offensively for one to say "yeah, I can see why it makes sense for him to be out there despite the big drop off from White on defense"?
    in the game thread i said white should come in for patty... so that was my preference too

but ultimately pop would rather trust a struggling vet than a struggling first year (effectively) player who has the nerves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they convert you can't afford to waste your timeout on that, they'd be up four and you'd need that last TO to advance the ball.
    Why are you so insistent on thinking ahead though? Get the stop. That should've been Pop's only reasoning behind picking his line-up out of the timeout and the mother er still chose Wombat over White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I'm sorry did I miss that show of a first half when White was in the game, I mean I guess it wasn't him in there too? Why is it so hard for you people to understand that White was shook and Mills wasn't, was mills running around crazy and ? yes he was, but he was still confident, while White was out there playing like a second year.
    Did you not watch the first 6 games, you simple ?

Nobody is arguing that White was bad in the first 3 quarters. What I'm saying is that Mills was absolute dog the ENTIRE series including this game and he never had a short leash on him.

Mills was ing garbage and was getting roasted by Jamal Murray and Monte Morris (just as he was the ENTIRE ING SERIES) yet he never had to once worry about being benched because the senile loves him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frustrating part is obviously the Spurs win the game if they bring their C game, instead they get a D- performance....

Still, I'm pretty damn glad this season is over. Seeing this squad blow missed opportunity after missed opportunity, showing absolutely zero killer instinct, and just being one of the dumbest teams I can remember was tough to watch. Really, genuinely happy I don't have to waste anymore time following a team where none of the guys really give a ....

Really looking forward to not having to think about this loser franchise for several months. Only thing that we can hope for this summer is if Pop decides to quit (both coaching and running the team)......

See you guys next year for the next 1st round exit
    I guess the only silver lining to bringing back this show is seeing Popsucker spin everything for an entire season again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Letting Lillard know he wants to go back to Portland, tbh.
    Yep! He gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you so insistent on thinking ahead though? Get the stop. That should've been Pop's only reasoning behind picking his line-up out of the timeout and the mother er still chose Wombat over White.
    because that's how the game is played, at that point it's about maximizing your possessions, look at how the time worked out, if that last shot wasn't missed and the Spurs got it to 2, maybe the nuggets call TO, then you for sure bring in White knowing that you are going to TO when you get the ball back. They would have had the ball with about 2 seconds a timeout and a chance to tie it, that was their best shot at the game in the situation they were in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but ultimately pop would rather trust a struggling 10th man vet than a struggling first year (effectively) player who has the nerves but was the 3rd best player on the team all year
    FIFY

It's just stupid and a clear sign of unequal treatment, because when Wombat was struggling in Game 6 Pop had no problem throwing him in there during crunchtime. So yeah, that is absolutely on Pop. Obviously the loss isn't entirely on him (our fake stars played like fake stars) but he played his part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because that's how the game is played, at that point it's about maximizing your possessions, look at how the time worked out, if that last shot wasn't missed and the Spurs got it to 2, maybe the nuggets call TO, then you for sure bring in White knowing that you are going to TO when you get the ball back. They would have had the ball with about 2 seconds a timeout and a chance to tie it, that was their best shot at the game in the situation they were in.
    Uh no. Not in crucial moments, with little time left it's not. You're really ing reaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in the game thread i said white should come in for patty... so that was my preference too

but ultimately pop would rather trust a struggling vet than a struggling first year (effectively) player who has the nerves
    To have Mills over White for defensive purposes is re ed. No other way about it.

And seeing how things played out, that might have been the season ender. It was Murray who Made the shot that killed us after all. Being guarded by Mills instead of White, our only all-NBA level defender this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nobody is arguing that White was bad in the first 3 quarters. What I'm saying is that Mills was absolute dog the ENTIRE series including this game and he never had a short leash on him.

Mills was ing garbage and was getting roasted by Jamal Murray and Monte Morris (just as he was the ENTIRE ING SERIES) yet he never had to once worry about being benched because the senile loves him...

And what I'm saying is that White wasn't ready for the game, it ain't his fault he's young, Mills litterally gave zero s about the situation, because Mills doesn't need to give any s, (fitty mills regardless) Mills was their best chance for a comeback, I'm not saying it was a good chance I'm saying it was the best chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I can't really tell if he's standing up for Pop, Wombat, or both but he's really ing reaching.

He is the one that made the "they were just trying to get him out of his funk" comment when Wombat played the last 6 mins in Game 6 though. So it makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh no. Not in crucial moments, with little time left it's not. You're really ing reaching.
    You realize they have plays specifically designed for that scenario right? We literally saw one today, with that feint to Forbes three out of the timeout. The nuggets had no idea it was coming for a reason.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To have Mills over White for defensive purposes is re ed. No other way about it.

And seeing how things played out, that might have been the season ender. It was Murray who Made the shot that killed us after all. Being guarded by Mills instead of White, our only all-NBA level defender this season.
    Taking Duncan out in that G6 kinda reasoning with some of these guys

Thread Information