Page 464 of 474 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468 ... LastLast
Results 11,576 to 11,600 of 11850
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a much bigger threat to our democracy than 9/11 was.
    Keep going

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its odd to me that some dems think the riot on 1/6 was similar to 9/11
    Do you think the crowd did anything wrong that day, Darrin?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Keep going with what? I agree with you, the two aren’t comparable. One was an existential threat to our democracy and could have sent the country into total anarchy. The other one was an Islamic terrorist attack.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refute it.

How is 1/6 a lesser event? Because less people died? Country was betrayed by her own president and his supporters followed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Home of Trump attorney Michael van der Veen vandalized
    "Traitor" was spray painted in red on his driveway

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    sucks to suck

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    The Donald should have at least told them to use blue spray paint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a side note. The question is whether or not it's wise to discount the rationality of 70 million voters.
    Well, we would first need to establish that 70 million voters thought he was a good president, as opposed to just merely better than the alternative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep going with what? I agree with you, the two aren’t comparable. One was an existential threat to our democracy and could have sent the country into total anarchy. The other one was an Islamic terrorist attack.
    Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should stick to hacking cat litter.
    I am, I'm posting to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He upheld rule of law
    His bank account does not suck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn’t you vote for Biden? I wouldn’t think someone who thought so little of an in bent president, who has proven to lie as easily as you breathe, they voted for his opponent, would spend hours upon hours defending him
    You can't escape the tribalism mentality. It's not surprising you'd think I'm defending "my side", since you've dedicated your life to the "party".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a side note. The question is whether or not it's wise to discount the rationality of 70 million voters.
    Did 70 million vote for the attempted coup?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, we would first need to establish that 70 million voters thought he was a good president, as opposed to just merely better than the alternative.
    Why would you need to establish that? Since when has that ever been known?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did 70 million vote for the attempted coup?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was an attack on the US government no matter how hard it makes you laugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was an attack on the US government no matter how hard it makes you laugh.
    "coup attempt" to "attack on the US government"

What's the next regression? Forced entry?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He upheld rule of law
    His bank account does not suck
    He’s a cut rate PI lawyer. Lawyers like van der veer are the gutter rats of the legal community.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "coup attempt" to "attack on the US government"
    No regression, an attack on the US government is an attempted coup. Trying to stop the certification of electoral votes is a literal attack on the Cons ution -- our form of government. It's also a fairly stark break from the hitherto US norm of peaceful transitions.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 02-14-2021 at 08:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No regression, an attack on the US government is an attempted coup.
    So when the guy scaled the wall back in 2017, that was a coup attempt as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when the guy scaled the wall back in 2017, that was a coup attempt as well?
    I don't recall, can you refresh my memory?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol DMC ignoring Trump's slow motion autogolpe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and laughing at the events of Jan 6th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 - Omar Gonzalez jumped the fence from the Pennsylvania Avenue side of the White House and entered through the North Portico doors. Upon entering he overpowered a Secret Service officer and ran through most of the main floor before he was tackled by a counter-assault agent.

February 17, 1974 – Robert K. Preston, hovered a stolen Bell UH-1B Iroquois helicopter above the grounds and was forced to land. It is unknown if he planned to enter the residence.[21][22]
    December 25, 1974 – Marshall H. Fields crashed a Chevrolet Impala through the Northwest Gate of the White House complex. He drove up to the North Portico and delayed his arrest for hours by claiming to possess explosives- though they were later discovered to be flares.[23]
    November 26, 1975 into 1976 – Gerald B. Gainous climbed the White House fence four times over a period of a year during the Gerald Ford administration. At one point he gained access to the grounds where he approached Susan Ford, the daughter of the president, before being arrested.[24]
    July 27, 1976 – Chester Plummer, scaled the White House fence, armed with a piece of pipe.[25][full citation needed] While advancing towards the White House, he was ordered to stop by a Secret Service officer. After ignoring the order,[26] he was shot by a rookie officer,[27] and died later in the hospital from his wounds; he was the first known shooting victim on White House grounds.[28]
    October 4, 1978 – Anthony Henry, dressed in a white karate outfit made his way onto the White House lawn armed with knives and was arrested.[29]
    August 21, 1986 – Rosita Bourbon, scaled the northeast fence of the White House with a makeshift ladder and was arrested shortly afterwards.[30][31]
    November 21, 1987 – Mike Davis, an unarmed man scaled a White House fence and made it to near the foot of a stairway that leads to the West Wing where President Reagan's office was before being arrested.[32]
    September 12, 1994 – Frank Eugene Corder, crashed a stolen Cessna 150 onto the South Lawn of the White House, apparently trying to hit the building. He was the only person killed in the incident.[33]
    May 24, 1995 – Leland William Modjeski, wearing a business suit and carrying an unloaded .38-caliber revolver, was shot on the White House grounds after scaling the fence. Authorities doubted that he intended to harm the president and he appeared to have psychiatric problems.[1]
    December 4, 2005 – Shawn A. Cox, of Mammoth Spring, Arkansas, was immediately captured by Secret Service agents after scaling the White House fence.[34][35] Cox believed that Chelsea Clinton still lived at the White House "and that he was destined to marry her". Cox was sent to the St. Elizabeth's psychiatric hospital; a court-ordered psychiatric report found that he was "grossly psychotic and manic".[35]
    February–April 2006 – Brian Lee Patterson, jumped the White House fence a total of four times.[36][37]
    October 13, 2006 – Alexis Janicki, 24, of Independence, Missouri, an Iraq War veteran suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, was arrested after climbing over the fence while in possession of marijuana.[38]
    March 16, 2007 – Catalino Lucas Diaz, scaled the fence with a package and threatened officers that he had a bomb. Catalino was arrested after determining that he had no dangerous weapon.[39][40]
    June 9, 2009 – Pamela Morgan, jumped the fence onto the northeast corner of the grounds while carrying a backpack. Morgan was arrested immediately and her backpack later searched and found to contain nothing dangerous.[41]
    March 30, 2014 – Unidentified male, caught and arrested after climbing over the fence.[42]
    August 7, 2014 – An unknown toddler squeezed through the fence, and was returned to his parents.[43]
    September 11, 2014 – Jeffrey Grossman, 26, of Rensselaer, New York, scaled the fence and entered the North Lawn while carrying a Pikachu doll and wearing a Pikachu hat; he was apprehended by Secret Service agents.[44][45] Grossman did not intend to inflict harm; he suffered from schizophrenia.[46] After being arrested, he was taken to George Washington University Hospital for mental health observation.[44]
    October 22, 2014 – Dominic Adesanya, formerly of Bel Air, Maryland, jumped the fence onto the north lawn and was quickly taken down by two security dogs while punching and kicking them before being arrested by the Secret Service. He was later ordered by a judge to a mental health facility.[47][48] Adesanya, who had twice jumped the White House fence in July 2014, pleaded guilty in April 2015 to entering or remaining in a restricted building or grounds and was sentenced in July 2015 to time served and one year of supervised release. Adesanya's lawyer said that he suffered from schizophrenia.[49]
    November 26, 2015 – Joseph Anthony Caputo, 22, of Stamford, Connecticut, was arrested by Secret Service agents almost immediately after jumping over a White House fence as the first family was inside celebrating Thanksgiving.[50][51] Caputo had left a suicide note and will and apparently had intended to die.[52] In a plea agreement with prosecutors, Caputo pleaded guilty to one federal misdemeanor count of illegal entry of restricted grounds and was sentenced to three years' probation with various conditions.[53]
    March 10, 2017 – A man carrying a backpack, later identified as Jonathan Tuan Tran, 26, of Milpitas, California, was arrested after jumping the White House fence, coming within steps of the mansion. Court papers charged Tran with "entering or remaining in restricted grounds while using or carrying a dangerous weapon" and stated that he had two cans of mace in his possession at the time of the incident.[54][55]
    October 18, 2017 – Curtis Combs, 36, of Somerset, Kentucky, jumped a concrete barrier on the outer perimeter of the south grounds of the White House complex and was quickly arrested. He was dressed in a Pikachu suit.[56]
    November 19, 2017 – Victor Merswin, 24, of Stafford, Virginia, jumped the bike rack and was in the process of climbing over the first security fence when he was captured and arrested by Secret Service Officers.[57]

Look at all those coup attempts

Oddly though

On 9 February, President Nayib Bukele of El Salvador walked inside the national parliament with battle-geared soldiers and police officers. He left after a few minutes of praying. The political crisis was described as a coup attempt by the Assembly President Mario Ponce.[61]
    On March 7, the Saudi Arabian government arrested Princes Ahmed bin Abdulaziz, Muhammad bin Nayef, Nayef bin Ahmed, Nawwaf bin Nayef and Muhammad bin Saad for allegedly planning a coup attempt.[62]
    2020 Venezuela coup attempt: unsuccessful attempt by Venezuelan dissidents and an American private military company, Silvercorp USA, to infiltrate Venezuela by sea and remove Nicolás Maduro from office in Venezuela.
    On 18 August, Mutinying soldiers within the Malian Army attacked the capital and the nearby army base. The soldiers arrested both the democratically elected President Ibrahim Boubacar Keďta and Prime Minister Boubou Cissé after months of anti-government protests. President Keďta resigns and dissolved both the government and parliament just after midnight.[63] A military junta was soon after installed under Colonel Assimi Goita.[64]
    On 20 October, a senior army officer in Sudan announced that some retired members of the Popular Defence Forces and officers under leader Brigadier General Mohammed Ibrahim Abdul-Jalil had foiled a coup plot. The Sudanese government has not confirmed this claim.[65]
    2021 Myanmar coup d'état: On February 1, 2021, State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyia and President Win Myint were arrested by the military of Myanmar. The military announced that power had been handed to Min Aung Hlaing, the commander-in-chief of the armed forces.[66] The military announced on state-run TV that they would be in control of the country for one year.[67]

No mention of 1/6/2021

"coup attempt"

Histrionics on full display here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trying to stop electoral certification is a per se attack on the US Cons ution

Thread Information