Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2228
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that call rascal- could work out imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 chance in 7, that's all it comes down to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah Colby Jones not having a good game but his recent stat lines look so solid. Would be surprised if Jones lasts past the 20s first round. Plus there is kinda a shortage of truer SGs or combo SG/PGs that will stay a 1 or 2 in NBA around that selection range if I'm looking at it correctly. Terq, Jones, Hawk, Kobe, Sasser, perhaps sufficient quan y but even still, if you're looking for a team need 1 or 2 and you're selecting in that range, Jones may lie at the top of that list preference/skill/potential wise. Max Lewis could be a wing but I suppose add him to the list as well but the Hood-Schifino's et al will be long gone by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time in NCAA Div 1 Men's Tournament history, there are zero #1 seeds left in the Elite Eight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did not have his usual game but still almost managed a double double and I think his injury is impacting his game. I am still cool if the Spurs want him if we do not get Wemb. His floor is a solid starter on a good team and would definitely fit very well alongside Sochan
    I hadn't realized until reading this he was injured -groin.
    First time watching and I was going "is this the guy every one is hyped about?". In particular I was underwhelmed by his ability to drive. A groin injury would definitely explain that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hadn't realized until reading this he was injured -groin.
    First time watching and I was going "is this the guy every one is hyped about?". In particular I was underwhelmed by his ability to drive. A groin injury would definitely explain that.
    His 2point % is awful against top 50 teams, 37.5%. That will definitely need work, and he might just be a catch and shoot prospect if it can’t be fixed.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Miller’s horrible tournament is actually kind of interesting from a Spur’s perspective. I tend to think it’s less about his sudden lack of talent, but more like he might be actually facing death threats and very intense pressure, and perhaps actually has some guilt about his role in the shooting, which, if so, maybe is actually a good thing, and bigger picture, maybe he slides a little bit and it gives the front office a little more options to think about if he’s still available when we pick, wherever that may be.

I’m not an expert on him but his interviews from before present him as mostly articulate and nothing obviously negative. But in reality it’s hard to read a person. Dejounte had the risks of a “bad apple” when in reality he’s just a social media drama queen, whereas Primo was supposed to be a mature choir boy but was instead something way worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Miller’s horrible tournament is actually kind of interesting from a Spur’s perspective. I tend to think it’s less about his sudden lack of talent, but more like he might be actually facing death threats and very intense pressure, and perhaps actually has some guilt about his role in the shooting, which, if so, maybe is actually a good thing, and bigger picture, maybe he slides a little bit and it gives the front office a little more options to think about if he’s still available when we pick, wherever that may be.

I’m not an expert on him but his interviews from before present him as mostly articulate and nothing obviously negative. But in reality it’s hard to read a person. Dejounte had the risks of a “bad apple” when in reality he’s just a social media drama queen, whereas Primo was supposed to be a mature choir boy but was instead something way worse.
    Yeah, this is an interesting take. He has obvious flashes of talent, there were several passes that made you go wow, then he'd take ill advised shots (often rushing them), missing easy baskets, and so on. I think it was a combination of him being the target of the defense, plus the pressure of the environment and the recent events, that all came together to bring him back to Earth. I still see a lot of positives, it's just that he didn't come out of the tournament like the potential franchise player he looked like he could be. But on the flip side, if he ends up falling to 4, 5 or 6 as a result of his recent events and performances, he could be a truly high reward guy for a very reasonable risk. But he's no longer a sure fire prospect in my eyes, so I'd take him if he's subject to a THOROUGH investigation (not the 10' kind interview that concludes Primo is an upstanding guy) and he impresses in workouts. But this definitely adds another layer of unpredictability to an already murky draft.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miller is not falling past 4. His tourney wasn’t great but it wasn’t nearly as bad as some made it out to be. He came out of halftime the last game and controlled the pace of the game for their first run like a real pro. Ultimately they just weren’t the better team.

Did his best to hold it together through death threats and an injury.

He’s not slipping. No one in any nba town cares about his past. He can’t get away from Bama fast enough. It’ll be a good fresh start wherever he goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miller is not falling past 4. His tourney wasn’t great but it wasn’t nearly as bad as some made it out to be. He came out of halftime the last game and controlled the pace of the game for their first run like a real pro. Ultimately they just weren’t the better team.

Did his best to hold it together through death threats and an injury.

He’s not slipping. No one in any nba town cares about his past. He can’t get away from Bama fast enough. It’ll be a good fresh start wherever he goes.
    He shot 3/19 (1/10 from 3) with 6 TO. Basically used 25 possessions to score 9 points and get 3 assists. His team lost by 7. It wasn't that his teammates didn't help him, he pretty much cost them the game. I can understand the context, there's always an argument to be made... but let's not try to pretend dog sh!t smells like roses, shall we?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    .if he were inches taller he would be lottery pick........... ish is ...........spurs plz use a second on him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scouts focus on the players, not stats in the Tournament wich anyway doesn't matter that much. Just watch Miller the player, and you see a potential star, the skills and versality are there... You should never overact as a scout, Tournament is an elimination game stuff in a very particular context, NBA is a 82 game season with top develoment programs to make the best of any young guy. Pressure is actually much lower in the NBA where players have the time to learn and improve.

History is full of players who shined in the Tournament and barely made an NBA career, or vice and versa. Nowell is fun and all, but back up or third string point star is his ceiling, if he actually make or stay in the NBA. And yet he's having a much better Tournament than Miller whose ceiling is NBA star/superstar. End of story, Miller is still a top 3 pick...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's go UConn and Andre Jackson Jr. in the next game tonight!!!

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m gonna go ahead and disagree with you. Black turned dog into leading his team in scoring tonight while also busting his ass on the defensive end.

He’s not a volume scorer first option but he’s absolutely Spurs material.
    Spurs need a volume top ten league go to scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby and Scoot are the guys we want, after that I’d look at Walker, Whitmore, Black with Hendricks in consideration. Even without his off court stuff I’m not sold on Miller. I’d be open to Amen but the OTE league is just such a mystery.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strawther, Hawkins, and even Bufkin interest me more among SGs than the supposed top batch (George, Smith). Regardless of what happens up top, I'd have them on my list for trading into the back of the first or grabbing one of them in the early second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby and Scoot are the guys we want, after that I’d look at Walker, Whitmore, Black with Hendricks in consideration. Even without his off court stuff I’m not sold on Miller. I’d be open to Amen but the OTE league is just such a mystery.
    If we draft and keep Scoot in the top 5, I’m done with this team. He’s a mediocre shooter, a terrible finisher, and an ungodly awful defender. He’s also completely ineffective without the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing crazy but this UCONN Sanogo would be a solid mid to late second

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strawther, Hawkins, and even Bufkin interest me more among SGs than the supposed top batch (George, Smith). Regardless of what happens up top, I'd have them on my list for trading into the back of the first or grabbing one of them in the early second.
    Sign me up for Strawther. I think he'll go in the 20s though, too many teams there that a) could use a shooter like him and b) would take a more proven prospect like him over someone with "potential" (those teams are in the lottery mostly). I could easily see him going to Indiana, Utah or Memphis. But maybe consolidating both our 2nd rounders plus maybe one extra 2nd could put us in the low to mid 20s to grab him or a few other potential targets (I like Jaquez).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we draft and keep Scoot in the top 5, I’m done with this team. He’s a mediocre shooter, a terrible finisher, and an ungodly awful defender. He’s also completely ineffective without the ball.
    To early to make that determination about the kid, everyone has flaws at his age especially in a shiity program like the g league ignite. His compe iveness, athleticism, length, and his wanting to be great will reward whoever drafts imo. He went toe to toe with wemby in their exhibition game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about the big iron head center from Kentucky with a second rounder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To early to make that determination about the kid, everyone has flaws at his age especially in a shiity program like the g league ignite. His compe iveness, athleticism, length, and his wanting to be great will reward whoever drafts imo. He went toe to toe with wemby in their exhibition game.
    He chose to play in the gleague instead of college. He doesn’t get a pass for choosing a ty program, nor for failing to improve from year 1 to year 2. His athleticism, in NBA terms, is probably a B, leading to his crap finishing in a league virtually devoid of shot blockers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He chose to play in the gleague instead of college. He doesn’t get a pass for choosing a ty program, nor for failing to improve from year 1 to year 2. His athleticism, in NBA terms, is probably a B, leading to his crap finishing in a league virtually devoid of shot blockers.
    I think the NBA G league is tougher compe ion than what he would have faced in in college, and the B athleticism grade is ridiculous you’re reaching on that. He comes into the NBA and is probably the 2nd most athletic guard after Ja Morant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Hawk is automatic from 3

Thread Information