• Prime Ginobili

80 75.47%
  • Prime Parker

26 24.53%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Manu. He was at least as good a PG as Tony, and a better defender. Put prime Manu in the starting PG position, along with Danny, Kawhi, LMA, and Dedmon. In a heartbeat.

There may not be any such thing as a clutch gene, but there sure as is such a thing as clutch skill. Five seconds left and the Spurs down by 1? I like prime Manu's chance of getting to the rack and getting a percentage shot as well as just about anyone who ever played. And I'll never forget George Karl claiming that Manu grew his hair long, so that it would fly around when he flopped, and draw more whistles. That's when you know you're in a guy's head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Manu was the better player (by a hair), but the way this year's team is built prime Parker would be the better fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    13' Parker until his injury in the finals was a monster
    People just don't remember how clutch he was and how many 30 points blowout cost him better stats and to be in the NBA first team + 2nd or 3rd spot in the MVP race

And this team weakness is at the PG spot

But you can't go wrong with Prime Manu either.
    I'm not sure he could play PG the whole game like some posters said though

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Tricky choice..Against Warriors I would take prime Ginobili, but against Clippers/Cleveland I would lean to having prime Parker..

LAC becoming a nightmare match up for us has coincided with Tony falloff..Choke-Paul has stopped making appearances against the Spurs mainly because he's been resting on the other end since circa 2014.
    Prime Manu was one of the biggest Clipper killers in the league, regardless of who was on our team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like prime Manu more as a player but I actually think Prime Parker is better for this team. I hate how Tony's bad play as made some people forget how incredible he was for a few years, but he was legitimately a top 3 point guard for a 2 or 3 year stretch and was one of the best penetrators in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    54-16 TGY LTA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prime ginobili has a good case for best player ever tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I second that. Look at what he did for D.Blair. He made everyone better. This is a very dumb question. Tony could score... thats it. Over the hill Manu stuffs Durant at the rim going for a break away dunk. Ever see Tony do that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to say that after his prime (2005-2007) Manu declined very slowly, being a diference maker as far as the 2011-2012 season (14.4 ppg for the playoffs that year), and had the 2014 Playoffs run also.

Tony on the other hand, declined quite fast, considering everyone here sets his prime between 2010 and 2013, having declined a lot in 3 years.

That means a "prime Manu" gives you almost 7 years of great to good basketball, while "Prime Tony" gives you 4 or 5.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Tough choice. Prime Parker's driving ability would make the SL deadly, a lot of their issues stem from the fact that no one can break down the defense and get wide open shots. But prime Manu would be a top 3 SG in today's NBA and his playmaking off the bench and ability to drive would be invaluable...

toss up tbh

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Not to say that after his prime (2005-2007) Manu declined very slowly, being a diference maker as far as the 2011-2012 season (14.4 ppg for the playoffs that year), and had the 2014 Playoffs run also.

Tony on the other hand, declined quite fast, considering everyone here sets his prime between 2010 and 2013, having declined a lot in 3 years.

That means a "prime Manu" gives you almost 7 years of great to good basketball, while "Prime Tony" gives you 4 or 5.
    disagree...Parker's prime started in 2006 thru 2013 imo, that's 8 years. if we're going by "being a difference maker" as a definition for "prime," Porker definitely was a difference maker for more than 3 years. Manu's prime was 2005-2011 imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    78% Manu
    22% TP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prime manu is always appealing because he was an excellent defender, too
    You could start Prime Manu with Green and let Green cover the opposing PG's. But have Manu handle the ball on the other end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    actually, I'd rather have Prime Parker so we could trade him away for value before he turns to .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough choice. Prime Parker's driving ability would make the SL deadly, a lot of their issues stem from the fact that no one can break down the defense and get wide open shots. But prime Manu would be a top 3 SG in today's NBA and his playmaking off the bench and ability to drive would be invaluable...

toss up tbh
    I think prime manu would be Nș 1 SG today. Harden, Thompson or Butler aren't good as manu was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a tough one! Both great players, don't listen to the haters, they are future hall of famers and if that's not good enough I am not sure what's wrong with you guys.

Anyways, Manu was kobe like good in the last 5min of close games and is one of the best closers the game has even seen. Tony was elite scoring near the basket and did better than most centers! That's unbelievable for a point guard.

My choice would be Manu, simply because he could attack the basket, and create for himself and others at an elite level. Prime Tony might still struggle against CP3 and Steph, at certain nights. But I would take either of them over the current version of themselves we have this year.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ask Pop and he'll say Manu tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker. As great as Manu was, we would still need a PG. Parker in 2007 was a scorer who could get to the basket over and over, and was also an underrated defender. His ability to get in the paint and break down the defense would improve our spacing and get the 3pt shooting open.

If you choose Manu, then he would take a lot of minutes from Green which would diminish the defense. That is why I pick prime Parker for this question, not necessarily the same as who was the best player in their prime- Manu. I rate Manu higher in peak value and Parker higher in career value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu's prime wasn't even on 2005. Manu's prime was wasted by getting late to the NBA, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

toss up tbh
    Prime Manu would easily be the best SG in today's NBA, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Tony Parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think prime manu would be Nș 1 SG today. Harden, Thompson or Butler aren't good as manu was.
    Prime Manu would easily be the best SG in today's NBA, tbh.
    When harden is at least top 3 in the MVP race...

You all have a good case for best homer ever tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When harden is at least top 3 in the MVP race...

You all have a good case for best homer ever tbh
    Or maybe you are a got. Manu was a better playmaker and defender than Harden, if you don't see that, maybe you didn't saw Manu play.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn

77% vs 23%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe you are a got. Manu was a better playmaker and defender than Harden, if you don't see that, maybe you didn't saw Manu play.
    Thanks for calling me a got

There is no defending Manu as best player ever. Anyone saying that is a homer or trolling.
    Now MVP Harden vs Manu is a lot closer but on any NBA board that wouldn't even be a question

Thread Information