Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    Brooklyn Nets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's literally the same player he was a few years ago. Great effort by him tonight and his teammates were trash, but his lack of shooting is holding him back from being a generational talent.
    Same player? Good for him. World champion! Finals MVP! 2 time NBA MVP. And one of the greatest finals games of all time. And he did it dominating the paint! Not shooting jumpshoots like you said he needed to do!
    Last edited by ThaBigFundamental21; 07-23-2021 at 10:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same player? Good for him. Word champion! Finals MVP! 2 time NBA MVP. And one of the greatest finals games of all time. And he did it dominating the paint! Not shooting jumpshoots like you said he needed to do!
    What can I say, he proved me wrong. Let's see if he can do it against better compe ion.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Such a low IQ team in big games.

I don't see a Championship anytime soon, if at all.

I don't think he is of the same ilk as modern day players that pout until they are traded -and get their way.

But.....couple more years of this is he gonna want a Championship or be satisfied with mega millions and All Pro teams?
    So much fail in this post. -250 points son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many bad takes in here

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't pick on the mentally ill, Ernesto, gs isn't the sharpest tool in the shed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show me where you, Trollwood or posted on this thread that the Bucks would le.
    Oh that's right, you didn't.

As to low IQ Bucks, totally true. They came so close to choking games away but Freak saved them Duncan style combined with low IQ Chrissy Paul choke per par.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't pick on the mentally ill, Ernesto, gs isn't the sharpest tool in the shed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Greek Freak didn't go to the Lakers or Lakers North.

You're gonna have to do a lot more log off / log on Flaker accounts to deal with the Real MVP in the coming years.
    Not sure you'll even know the feeling a non ref aided Championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis Antetokounmpo wants another NBA le, even if that isn't in Milwaukee (basketballinsiders.com)

Summer of 25 Greak Freak could be, not will be available as an UFA.

Wama and Greak Freak kicking ass and taking names Timmy Duncs and DRob style.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA = fcked when Giannis comes to the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s going to the warriors or the lakers.

If he can somehow force a trade to Dallas we don’t have a stab at either him or Luka.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like I said not too long ago unfortunately. He's no different than the other bag superstars that want to go to LA, Miami, Golden State, etc. He wants so bad to be accepted by the mainstream, and since ESPN and the like brainwash the out of the general NBA fanbase that it's one of the big markets or bust, he now wants out.

Plus he wants an easier path to get rings instead of the hard way in Milwaukee since the big markets get all the calls, for the most part of course. Notice how this problem doesn't really exist in the NFL, College, MLB etc. That's because ESPN and the like don't really ignore the small market teams in those leagues and therefore doesn't brainwash the dummies into believing it's not cool to play for a small market.

Big stars go to smaller markets all the time in those aforementioned leagues, but all of a sudden in the NBA, it's a problem. Again, if you pay attention closely, the media (ESPN and the like) decide this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like I said not too long ago unfortunately. He's no different than the other bag superstars that want to go to LA, Miami, Golden State, etc. He wants so bad to be accepted by the mainstream, and since ESPN and the like brainwash the out of the general NBA fanbase that it's one of the big markets or bust, he now wants out.

Plus he wants an easier path to get rings instead of the hard way in Milwaukee since the big markets get all the calls, for the most part of course.
    No comparison to Freak with Durbetta, Harden, Irving, Westchuck etc.
    Freak is doing everything he can to help the Bucks get a Chip.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Plus he wants an easier path to get rings instead of the hard way in Milwaukee since the big markets get all the calls, for the most part of course. Notice how this problem doesn't really exist in the NFL, College, MLB etc. That's because ESPN and the like don't really ignore the small market teams in those leagues and therefore doesn't brainwash the dummies into believing it's not cool to play for a small market.

Big stars go to smaller markets all the time in those aforementioned leagues, but all of a sudden in the NBA, it's a problem. Again, if you pay attention closely, the media (ESPN and the like) decide this.
    Increasingly Americanized in all the worst ways since winning the championship, he's trying to get out ahead of/win the looming PR battle because he realizes the Bucks are probably not good enough now and are tapped out as far as assets/upside.

No chance he'd come to a small media/non glamor market like the Spurs and as he ages play second fiddle to a big who could become better than him since that wouldn't help his precious "legacy".

The Thunder are the best fit. They can offer Giddey, Williams or Wallace, quan y and quality draft capital and financial flexibility, plus they're out of conference, have a superstar who can be the primary initiator, a floor spacing rim protector and wing defenders.
    Last edited by TD 21; 09-01-2023 at 03:05 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No comparison to Freak with Durbetta, Harden, Irving, Westchuck etc.
    Freak is doing everything he can to help the Bucks get a Chip.
    This. I mean come on, he’s given one of the most anonymous and negligible sports franchises of the last half century 10 good years, a chip, 2 MVPs, and more than they could ever hope for. He’s also one of the few athletes left who gives full effort every second he’s on the court.

The man has paid his dues and done Milwaukee right. He has nothing left to prove individually so I admire that he’s prioritizing winning and competing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Super-conferences in college sports have really created a divide that I'd say is far more pronounced than anything you see in the NBA. Any fan of a mid-major school can tell you it sucks to be the indentured servants to the power conference leagues. You'll never see a team from a conference like the WAC win a national le again the way BYU did in 1984. Money drives college sports, too, and those big TV contracts impact everything at the college level. It's all about the dollar, and some get rich while most get poor.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Super-conferences in college sports have really created a divide that I'd say is far more pronounced than anything you see in the NBA. Any fan of a mid-major school can tell you it sucks to be the indentured servants to the power conference leagues. You'll never see a team from a conference like the WAC win a national le again the way BYU did in 1984. Money drives college sports, too, and those big TV contracts impact everything at the college level. It's all about the dollar, and some get rich while most get poor.
    It primarily WAS Black kids (Whites to a lesser extent numerically as well as quality of talent (zenith to passable) being indentured for a number of years (1-4) by White men. How it was able to exist to such an extent is an abomination. And quite frankly it was (the Black) who got it turned about to the station we're entering at this time in history. How these kids were kept in "chains" while strange men were making trillions on them is blot upon the land. Can you imagine a 16-year-old brilliant prodigy walking out of high school and say IBM tells him..."Sure, c'mon, work for us, but only for goody bags and free lunches, till you're 18 years old. Let's go! Hurry up." (we don't want to waste 1 second during the next 2 years while we glean every free dime from this kid, do we, boss?)

Same in college sports; A kid laboring for 4 years (his prime's prime) for nothing but free exciting plane trips (via coach) and the attendant goody bags and a neat motel/hotel room (coming and going).

Thread Information