Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets willing to trade 4 first round picks for Jimmy. Chinook is that allowed? Every time I propose a trade where we give up multiple firsts you rulebook experts tell me it's not allowed because the NBA will stop teams from Brooklyn'ing themselves
    Yes, Houston can give up 2019, 2021, 2023 and 2025 if they wanted. They can't give up consecutive picks unless there are swaps involved. Brooklyn made their trade under the current rules. They gave up swaps in 2015 and 2017.

It's unclear what the report means, and there's no information on protections or other conditions. I can't imagine they are willing to offer four unprotected picks given Paul's age and Butler's risk of leaving.
    Last edited by Chinook; 10-26-2018 at 12:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By 2025 both Harden and Butler will be 35 and Paul will be gone. It doesn't make sense for the Rockets to give away that pick unprotected. But at the same time, I don't see Minnesota trading Butler unless those picks are unprotected. That would be a of a long term move for Minnesota

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    rockets should definitely go all in for butler.

if cp3 doesn’t get hurt last year then the rockets are last year’s champs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither Stephenson nor Beasley will ever play for Pop.
    Thinking about it, Caldwell Pope was convicted. He also doesn't fit in Pop's culture.

the only guy in that list above that makes sense is Batum. I am sure Pop would rather just keep Pau.

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking about it, Caldwell Pope was convicted. He also doesn't fit in Pop's culture.

the only guy in that list above that makes sense is Batum. I am sure Pop would rather just keep Pau.
    As sorry as that sounds you may be right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither Stephenson nor Beasley will ever play for Pop.
    I could imagine you some years ago saying "Rudy Gay will never play for Pop".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC will have to make one of his genius drunk moves. Sadly coach Bud ain't there anymore to tell him and Pop what they have to do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could imagine you some years ago saying "Rudy Gay will never play for Pop".
    You have a wild imagination.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, Houston can give up 2019, 2021, 2023 and 2025 if they wanted. They can't give up consecutive picks unless there are swaps involved. Brooklyn made their trade under the current rules. They gave up swaps in 2015 and 2017.

It's unclear what the report means, and there's no information on protections or other conditions. I can't imagine they are willing to offer four unprotected picks given Paul's age and Butler's risk of leaving.
    Thanks

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers have so many good pieces. Would give a pick for either Tobias Harris or Montrezl Harrell....

Harrell went for 30 & 6 off the bench tonight against the Rockets, his former team. Had 17/10/3 this past weekend against them as well. Houston wouldn't know what to do with him and Aldridge together

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get the best athletic SF who is a decent scorer and plays good 'D', available for either Gasol or Mills or both for Otto Porter, Jr. who would make us so much better. Gives Washington 2 guys with Championship experience. Do it PATFO. Throw in a couple of crappy draft picks if needed. Throw Jabari Young in as the kicker. Give the Express News a free seat on the top row at the AT&T center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers have so many good pieces. Would give a pick for either Tobias Harris or Montrezl Harrell....

Harrell went for 30 & 6 off the bench tonight against the Rockets, his former team. Had 17/10/3 this past weekend against them as well. Houston wouldn't know what to do with him and Aldridge together
    Pop wouldn't play Harrell, he dunks too much and shows emotion.

But Teodosic could be a buyout candidate. He was getting DNP-CDs before tonight. Clippers clearly like Gilgeous-Alexander and so far have held on to Beverley who will have a reasonable caphold that might be worth keeping on the books. Teodosic also has a 15% trade kicker.

Teodosic would be much better than Mills and can actually run an offense.

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually talking myself into George Hill for Pau and Pondexter. I love how he plays in Spursy systems. He'd help the defense and is familiar with a lot that we do and with the ball movement he should be very effective offensively. He could also play next to Murray so it doesn't hurt is short term or long term. And the space he takes next year is not gonna really effect much in the grand scheme of things. He'd be a much better option on defense than now. Preferably I'd like a 3 and keep DeMar a 2 but at this point beggars can't be choosers. I also think PATFO will give it time for the best option available should they actually do intend to trade Pau but George Hill should be relatively easy to get and his market should be a dry.

Forbes/Mills/Murray
    Hill/White/Walker
    DeRozan/Belinelli/
    Cunningham/Gay/Bertans
    LMA/Poeltl/Metu

Edit: Cleveland also has decent filler players like Channing Frye, Nwaba, and maybe Dekker. Hill and Frye would be a good get IMO in a PATFO kind of way...
    RC_Drunkford Here’s some of my thoughts about a Hill for Pau trade. Pau and Pondexter for Hill and Frye would be decent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC_Drunkford Here’s some of my thoughts about a Hill for Pau trade. Pau and Pondexter for Hill and Frye would be decent.
    That would indeed improve the team a bit. But it wouldn't affect our salary cap in the offseason. It's really about getting rid of the Mills contract and receiving bird rights on a 3-and-D wing. Pau's contract can be waived at the end of the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would indeed improve the team a bit. But it wouldn't affect our salary cap in the offseason. It's really about getting rid of the Mills contract and receiving bird rights on a 3-and-D wing. Pau's contract can be waived at the end of the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have to wait til december, but I think this is a good one that makes sense for both teams and we wouldn't have to move any picks

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradec..._trade/7124293

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean if RC/Pop haven't at least made a call to the Clippers offering a 1st for Beverley, then I highly highly doubt their commitment to doing anything this year...

Pau for Bazemore and his terrible contract....

The moves are out there. If Presti was running the team, these moves would have been made as soon as Dejounte went down .... but instead we get a couple of idiots who didn't learn from 2008-2012 and still think that the biggest issue with the team is gelling......
    Yeah becasue the Presti model is just what I want. How many rings does Presti have comapred with Pop and RC since he left? How many Finals has he been to? How many MVPs has he traded away?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all duckers who say "trade Mills and Gasol" for anything other than an equally toxic contract are tripping. You can't trade under performing veterans for mid career players! Try Pau/ Mills plus both firsts and you takes would be realistic. Pau sucks, but he can play positive minutes and the best replacement for him is poetl your small ball. Mills sucks but has moral value and the best replacement is to throw him to the deep bench. You don't need trades to improve the team.

Now whether there iis an SF prospect worth one or two first round picks is relevant, Pau and Mills are salary filler only

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Suns brought Ariza and his former Houston Rockets teammate Ryan Anderson to Phoenix to add their big-game experience and positive presence to a young locker room. The franchise also expected complementary on-court production in the form of outside shooting and, in Ariza’s case, perimeter defense, in order to help this team after posting an NBA-worst 21 victories last season. But Ariza and Anderson have sputtered, most recently shooting a combined 4-of-16 from the floor (2-of-11 from 3-point distance) Saturday night to contribute to Phoenix’s fourth consecutive lopsided loss.Those performances prompt this question: Five games in, should Kokoskov already consider turning to a full-blown youth movement? "

Here's the trade we need. Wait til december 15th, then trade Mills & Pondexter for Ariza who's expiring. I don't think Phoenix would ask for a pick. They need an offball player next to Booker and don't have a starter level PG either. Mills would give them that leadership and championship experience. Pondexter is perfect to be the end of the bench wing and teach the young guys. Ariza is about to be out of the rotation and would help our defense immediately. And we would get an additional 12 million of cap space in the offseason.

Now due to the Murray injury we are a little thin at PG. If that's critical they can move Gasol and Bertans for Hill and Frye. A 2nd rounder should be enough to get that done. It would improve this years team and we'd have some cap space to make a run at Middleton/Millsap/Carroll/Harris. If we need some more we could still try to move Poetl and the pick to move up in the draft or trade Beli. I think this is the most reasonable way of going about things without turning the roster over too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Suns brought Ariza and his former Houston Rockets teammate Ryan Anderson to Phoenix to add their big-game experience and positive presence to a young locker room. The franchise also expected complementary on-court production in the form of outside shooting and, in Ariza’s case, perimeter defense, in order to help this team after posting an NBA-worst 21 victories last season. But Ariza and Anderson have sputtered, most recently shooting a combined 4-of-16 from the floor (2-of-11 from 3-point distance) Saturday night to contribute to Phoenix’s fourth consecutive lopsided loss.Those performances prompt this question: Five games in, should Kokoskov already consider turning to a full-blown youth movement? "

Here's the trade we need. Wait til december 15th, then trade Mills & Pondexter for Ariza who's expiring. I don't think Phoenix would ask for a pick. They need an offball player next to Booker and don't have a starter level PG either. Mills would give them that leadership and championship experience. Pondexter is perfect to be the end of the bench wing and teach the young guys. Ariza is about to be out of the rotation and would help our defense immediately. And we would get an additional 12 million of cap space in the offseason.

Now due to the Murray injury we are a little thin at PG. If that's critical they can move Gasol and Bertans for Hill and Frye. A 2nd rounder should be enough to get that done. It would improve this years team and we'd have some cap space to make a run at Middleton/Millsap/Carroll/Harris. If we need some more we could still try to move Poetl and the pick to move up in the draft or trade Beli. I think this is the most reasonable way of going about things without turning the roster over too much.
    It makes no sense for the Suns to take on Mills' contract. The only way to acquire Ariza is by trading a pick or a guy with some kind of future like Murray, White or Bertans.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think we should look into Spencer DVD from Brooklyn. A long PG, shoots the 3 well, good defender. He is expiring, can definitely be obtained with a 1st. Maybe we even should target him and DeMare Carroll in some bigger trade. He would also fit really great and Brooklyn would be ok with trading him, as they have a logjam at SF.

However they hey will not take any salary back, so we have to think expirings only or ship Gasol to a 3rd team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes no sense for the Suns to take on Mills' contract. The only way to acquire Ariza is by trading a pick or a guy with some kind of future like Murray, White or Bertans.
    I'd give them Bertans in a heart beat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you shifted gears with the Ariza deal. With Ariza it isn’t about his Bird rights but his expiring contract for cap relief purposes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. And maybe his 3-point shooting alone would entice the Suns to take him. Ultimately, however, I think we are playing games on fantasy trades; PATFO not gonna do anything except possibly replace Q-Pon with a buy-out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think we should look into Spencer DVD from Brooklyn. A long PG, shoots the 3 well, good defender. He is expiring, can definitely be obtained with a 1st. Maybe we even should target him and DeMare Carroll in some bigger trade. He would also fit really great and Brooklyn would be ok with trading him, as they have a logjam at SF.

However they hey will not take any salary back, so we have to think expirings only or ship Gasol to a 3rd team
    Spencer and Carroll would be excellent

Thread Information