Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would the Spurs have handled this if say, Kawhi Leonard agreed to a deal with another team during the moratorium and then called up Pop and RC expressing second thoughts? I don't think they would have done what the Clippers did.
    I can say with confidence that Pop would tell him that he made an commitment and he needed to be a man and stick with it. At very worst he would tell the player to immediately hang up the phone and call the representative for the other team if he has second thoughts. I'd say that there are probably several teams that would rather not get their player back than put another team in a position like that, and there's only one team in the league that would send a half-dozen people to the mother er's house five hours before the moratorium ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. The Clippers were over the cap anyway, so while they could re-sign Jordan with Bird rights, they couldn't offer that same salary to anyone else.
    Ah, thanks guys. I didn't realize that. Makes sense though.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I can say with confidence that Pop would tell him that he made an commitment and he needed to be a man and stick with it. At very worst he would tell the player to immediately hang up the phone and call the representative for the other team if he has second thoughts. I'd say that there are probably several teams that would rather not get their player back than put another team in a position like that, and there's only one team in the league that would send a half-dozen people to the mother er's house five hours before the moratorium ends.
    That's what I'm thinking too. He would tell him it was too late, or at worst he would say "That's between you and your agent and Team X. You need to talk to them, work something out with Team X and get released from your agreement before we can talk to you. We're not going to go behind their backs and negotiate a contract with you after you made a commitment to them."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Rivers is the same that quit on the Celtics to allow him to join a Clippers team that was owned by a known racist and slumlord, which Rivers knew first-hand, considering he actually played there as a player..

When the Clippers were eliminated in the 2nd round last year, he used Sterling as an excuse as to why the team underachieved..after saying it wouldn't be a distraction, too..

This year, after they were eliminated, he blamed the previous regime for his poor GMing moves and ability, despite clearly starting out with a better roster than he ultimately built..

Can't expect any integrity or honesty from him, he's probably the biggest snake and con-man in the NBA, at this point..fortunately for him, he has a lot of friends in the media..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate the Mavericks. I hate their fans. I hate Mark Cuban.

This is ed up. They don't deserve this. LA just pulled the ultimate bush-league move.

Does anyone else find it odd that the Clippers lost their center five full days ago, freeing up all that cap space, and didn't sign a replacement from the centers that were available? Then they waited until everyone else was gone and there were hours to go before the deadline to all converge in Houston at DJ's house.

Any reason to think this was a planned move? Did Cuban do or say something to or about the Clippers that might have prompted this?
    Theory:

Cuban had second thoughts about Jordan leading his team.

Changed his mind.. Thinking just let the division rivals Spurs, Houston, & other teams battle for the le he'll just SAVE his money would rather wait for Durant's free agency next summer..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I'm thinking too. He would tell him it was too late, or at worst he would say "That's between you and your agent and Team X. You need to talk to them, work something out with Team X and get released from your agreement before we can talk to you. We're not going to go behind their backs and negotiate a contract with you after you made a commitment to them."
    And to be fair, I think Mark Cuban would say the same thing. As much as he wants to win for the fans, I don't think he'd sacrifice his reputation to pull that bush-league .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theory:

Cuban had second thoughts about Jordan leading his team.

Changed his mind.. Thinking just let the division rivals Spurs, Houston, & other teams battle for the le he'll just SAVE his money would rather wait for Durant's free agency next summer..

That's probably a better move in the long term.

Problem is that the Mavericks didn't start this process. They just thought they had a deal with a grown up. Waiting for Durant would be smart, though he's got Dirk with a ticking clock. Cuban's reaction clearly shows this was a gut shot to him. He'd have kept Chandler if he wasn't all in on Jordan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Rivers is the same that quit on the Celtics to allow him to join a Clippers team that was owned by a known racist and slumlord, which Rivers knew first-hand, considering he actually played there as a player..

When the Clippers were eliminated in the 2nd round last year, he used Sterling as an excuse as to why the team underachieved..after saying it wouldn't be a distraction, too..

This year, after they were eliminated, he blamed the previous regime for his poor GMing moves and ability, despite clearly starting out with a better roster than he ultimately built..

Can't expect any integrity or honesty from him, he's probably the biggest snake and con-man in the NBA, at this point..fortunately for him, he has a lot of friends in the media..

I hate and can't understand how Pop is buddy-buddy with this fraud; that mid-court bear-hugging after each game is pathetic..Even Phil Jackson smug ass never stooped to lowly workings of Doc at the peak our rivalry with the Lakers..Time for Pop to give him the the cold shoulder like Mchale Mike Dantoni back in the day..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a cuban fan at all, but not even returning the calls? Classless move by DeAndre. Not sure where DJ's agent is in all this. May have thrown up his hands!
    How do I contact Cuban? I can show him how he can make DJordan regret not signing with Mavs. https://wesharecrowdfunding.com/NoTaxesTexasGovernor

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's probably a better move in the long term.

Problem is that the Mavericks didn't start this process. They just thought they had a deal with a grown up. Waiting for Durant would be smart, though he's got Dirk with a ticking clock. Cuban's reaction clearly shows this was a gut shot to him. He'd have kept Chandler if he wasn't all in on Jordan.
    Basically Ellis and Chandler salaries were only 4mil more than Jordan's. With the Cap going up, Mavs would have been able to offer Durant the max next year anyways. Jordan just screwed the Mavs over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do I contact Cuban? I can show him how he can make DJordan regret not signing with Mavs. https://wesharecrowdfunding.com/NoTaxesTexasGovernor
    It might work!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Broussard

as it is somehow difficult for ing Cuban to find Jordan address

you cannot invent stupid... they born that way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Broussard

as it is somehow difficult for ing Cuban to find Jordan address

you cannot invent stupid... they born that way
    I don't understand how Chris Broussard thinks that a NBA team could agree to sign a guy to an 80 million dollar contract and not have his ing contact information. I can't return a can of paint at Lowe's without them getting my contact information.

Sarah Palin is a Maverick freemeat's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Cuban has made billions off the internet. The ing internet...you know, that cyber thing that has access to every piece of information ever typed on a keyboard. If anyone knows how to find DeAndre Jordan's address, it's Mark Cuban. He wouldn't even have to ask for help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand how Chris Broussard thinks that a NBA team could agree to sign a guy to an 80 million dollar contract and not have his ing contact information. I can't return a can of paint at Lowe's without them getting my contact information.
    we all knew Broussard is but this tweet is the crown of his career

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mark Cuban has made billions off the internet. The ing internet...you know, that cyber thing that has access to every piece of information ever typed on a keyboard. If anyone knows how to find DeAndre Jordan's address, it's Mark Cuban. He wouldn't even have to ask for help.
    He put Radio on the Internet. Three comma club, baby!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a cuban fan at all, but not even returning the calls? Classless move by DeAndre. Not sure where DJ's agent is in all this. May have thrown up his hands!
    I agree

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cuban is tight with Dan Fegan, Jordan's soon to be former agent. I'm sure he had the info from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban is tight with Dan Fegan, Jordan's soon to be former agent. I'm sure he had the info from him.
    Precisely. There are a options when you own an NBA team, have the number of probably 200 NBA-related people on your phone, have the league office on speed dial, have a billion dollars, have hundreds of employees at your beck and call, and recently agreed to pay 80 million dollars to the person in question.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing Jordan didn't mean freed cap space for clips.
    Right. But given they had no cap space, totally surprising there was zero talk of a S&T with the Mavs to at least get a TPE for Jordan to trade for a guy into their cap space. To me that is what strikes me as sketchy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right. But given they had no cap space, totally surprising there was zero talk of a S&T with the Mavs to at least get a TPE for Jordan to trade for a guy into their cap space. To me that is what strikes me as sketchy.
    Dallas had no motivation to do that and we don't know what talks took place. Clips deliberately trolling the Mavs makes no sense imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off, yeah I shouldn't have left the TV on.

But I was just listening to the asshats on ESPN talking about this situation, and the reaction absolutely floors me. They all defended Jordan's decision, and at least three of them said that it was Cuban's fault for not getting Jordan to sign on the dotted line or having a backup plan.

Uh, whut?

I hope these guys are so understanding when this happens to a player, and a team gets a guy to commit then backs out at the 11th hour.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if I will ever trust Broussard news again....

He is clearly the idiot. My understanding is Cuban was with DJ's agent. So is Broussard trying to say that not even his agent did not know where he lived?
    Unbelievable that Broussard would post that w/o thinking it through.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Broussard has been getting killed this week, tbh..

First Bomani Jones, now Cuban..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban is just salty, tbh. If anything he should be directing his anger towards DJ/Doc/Clips.

Thread Information