My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We have 4 NBA players on it who could they be ...

#21 Roy Tarpley: Former Mav and Michigan Wolverine (IIRC) was a stud but drugs did him in ...

#5 Jay Williams: i remember him coming out of HS I think the old scholastic sports america show profiled him ...at Duke he was feared. then he crashed his bike, smh

#2 Sam Bowie: Another athletic stud (when healthy) I saw him dominate a SEC conference tourney when i was a kid ... still didnt think he should of been drafted over MJ.
    Hakeem? Yes. That made sense but a injury prone big will break your heart every-time.

#1 Greg Oden: My thoughts on this has been stated numerous times. But it wasnt just me ESPN's own (former) Bill Simmons wrote that seeing Oden at the ESPY's he could tell that his gait was "off" and when he did research one of Greg's legs was much shorter than the other. I thought he would be good but Durant better ...Blazers gambled ...and lost.

Sucks to have the top two on a list like this ....

Notes:

I thought Bo would revolutionize football until that bengal jacked up his leg ...
    Lot's of RB's on that list Cowboys had better not add to it ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    T-Mac, Grant Hill, Penny...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Len bias?
    Bill Walton
    Shaun Livingston

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Michael Ray Richardson
    Derrick Coleman...dude had the tools to be one of the best

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If on untapped potential. Sheed, shaq

Also wonder how Derrick McKey will do in today's nba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vince Young was pretty high up there for a guy that had a decent NFL career (compared to most players)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If on untapped potential. Sheed, shaq

Also wonder how Derrick McKey will do in today's nba.
    Both accomplished a great deal especially Shaq.
    But I would agree they should have been no doubt about GOAT at their respective positions ...

If he truly applied himself Rasheed was Timmy with better range and hops ... but Duncan >>>>>>> Sheed not just career wise but even peak wise.

As for Shaq if he applied himself every year like he did the summer before his 2000 MVP year or he did in the Finals ... he may have been the GOAT center over Kareem.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    pat riley said roy tarpley was the only player he didn't know what to do about on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost forgot about Richard Dumas.

Or Oliver Miller if he had a diet plan.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If he truly applied himself Rasheed was Timmy with better range and hops ... but Duncan >>>>>>> Sheed not just career wise but even peak wise.
    Tim used to son Sheed during their ACC days when Tim was RAW & Sheed was a high-school phenom two years his senior.

Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 05-04-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Two years his senior? Sheed has looked like a 40-year old man since he was at Carolina. He was Greg Oden in that regard before Oden.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tim used to son Sheed during their ACC days when Tim was RAW & Sheed was a high-school phenom two years his senior.

No doubt duncan was a more athletic back then but he never was as atheltic as Sheed was and Duncan still owned him but Sheed had that sweet turn around ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

childress was a beast in this game iirc

And Timmy was legit center Rasheed a stretch PF ...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always hear Laker fans saying this, but Rasheed was a ty rebounder and while he had the post game and the outside shot, he didn't have anything approaching Duncan's ability to get to the rim when facing guys up. I'd take Duncan over Sheed + Duncan's work ethic any day.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I always hear Laker fans saying this, but Rasheed was a ty rebounder and while he had the post game and the outside shot, he didn't have anything approaching Duncan's ability to get to the rim when facing guys up. I'd take Duncan over Sheed + Duncan's work ethic any day.
    You missed the applied himself part.
    Being a great Rebounder requires timing but for the most part its about hustle and determination ...Duncan has so much Sheed was sometimesy.
    Post moves do too and getting to the rack has some link to natural gifts such as footwork but can be worked on and refined but also require determination. Again this is why Sheed is mentioned here he did not possess or at least did not consistently demonstrate this that is why Amb brought him up.
    I dont think you understood the point and Amb brought up Sheed not a Lakers fan ...
    Timmy fulfilled his potential, in fact he may have overachieved tbh
    Sheed to Amb's point did not fully max out his athletic gifts.

and I am pretty sure I said Duncan not only was greater than sheed career wise and peak wise ...my point was if you watch Sheed run, dunk and jump he had gifts Timmy did not. Duncan still was better than him in almost every way which is why fans including Laker ones bring him up because we saw what a beast he was when he was dialed in not even the 3peat Lakers could not do anything with him we tried shaq/Horry/Grant/Green/Madsen/Medvedenko/Smakai ...Sheed used to on them all.

In fact in the WCF vs the blazers I saw Rasheed dominate our team for 3 quarters it was one of the best all around performances against my Lakers I ever seen in person. Full skillset: dunks, 3's, that sweet turn around J with the high release ...if you dont see what Amb and I see not sure what to tell ya.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 05-05-2016 at 06:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about this guy?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Len Bias was a lot of unfulfilled potential, tbh. Guess dead people don't make the list, though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Roy and Derrick Rose. Derrick Rose is already a baller now after 3 surgeries, imagine the hops he had pre-injury and his clutch factor... he would've been winning at least a ring or two by now.

Thread Information