Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rudy t changed how the league used the three ball.
    Rudy T had the same team Phil Jackson did, but his balls shriveled up under the bright LA lights because he couldn't take the pressure of coaching the Lakers.

PS - he only "won" when MJ was "retired" from the NBA. Both his les get an *

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy T had the same team Phil Jackson did, but his balls shriveled up under the bright LA lights because he couldn't take the pressure of coaching the Lakers.

pressures of coaching LA

It’s called pressures of coaching Kobe the coach killer.

Rudy T requires players who would actually play team basketball, he doesn’t want to play mind games and such.

I will give you KFCis the greatest at kind controlling his players, can’t last long as he had a huge hand in creating the divide between shaq and Kobe and Jordan/pippen and management, but he’s good with getting these short bursts of excellence.

As for the asterisk, you already destroyed your own credibility on the subject by randomly placing the asterisk whenever you well please with no objectivity to speak of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because even Bird/Magic knows that MJ was better...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Hakeem's Rockets were ting on Jordan's Bulls. MJ was fortunate to leave NBA for this 1,5 years
    Last edited by i'm_still_beta; 12-30-2019 at 11:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hakeem's Rockets were ting on Jordan's Bulls. MJ was fortunate to leave NBA for this 1,5 years
    Truth nukes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the corporations pull this . That way they don't have to deal with the obvious reality that Bird was better than Jordan because they've created a false narrative roadblock.

As it is, nobody thinks to say Magic is better than Jordan. That should be your first clue that it's bull , bro.
    Meh, Bird probably would have been better than Jordan and the goat if he had the athleticism. Too bad he didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luke Donkey is flopping like Harden now
    Soon, everybody will hate him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, Bird probably would have been better than Jordan and the goat if he had the athleticism. Too bad he didn't.
    Even without athleticism he was better than Demar D... I mean Jordan

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even without athleticism he was better than Demar D... I mean Jordan
    Under-rated athleticism, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under-rated athleticism, tbh.
    Compared to MJ? No. Also, defense. MJ much better defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially since MVPippen did all the heavy lifting defensively

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a ing myth if there ever was one. Bird's all-time defensive rating is higher than Jordan. Higher than Pippen for that matter.

Bird was a defensive stud from the outset. In his rookie year without Parish/McHale, Bird led the league in defensive win shares while turning the team around 32 wins from the season prior. BTW, yet another reason why only the ignorant morons are putting Magic ahead of Bird. It's the equivalent of putting Kobe ahead Jordan.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, one of my favorite players of all-time to watch play defense. Ranks up there with watching prime Kawhi; although they have clearly different defensive predispositions obviously.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bird was a good team defender but better than MJ when MJ was locked in is laughable... And if Pippen did the heavy lifting for MJ... DJ and w McHale did that and more for Bird too...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Love Luka but Bird probably nails the game tying 3 he just missed at OKC... He was wide ass open... Birdcrarely missed anything wide open (or at least it seemed that way)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a ing myth if there ever was one. Bird's all-time defensive rating is higher than Jordan. Higher than Pippen for that matter.

Bird was a defensive stud from the outset. In his rookie year without Parish/McHale, Bird led the league in defensive win shares while turning the team around 32 wins from the season prior. BTW, yet another reason why only the ignorant morons are putting Magic ahead of Bird. It's the equivalent of putting Kobe ahead Jordan.

Numbers are not everything. Jordan most definitely was the better defender. Jordan would take turns with Pippen defending the teams best player. A lot of it was genetics. Bird just wasn't born with the long hands and athleticism that Jordan had.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Luka but Bird probably nails the game tying 3 he just missed at OKC... He was wide ass open... Birdcrarely missed anything wide open (or at least it seemed that way)
    I mean, Bird missed a wide open game winning three in the NBA finals against the Lakers. I think it was the 1987 finals. But yeah, Bird wouldn't chuck 16 3's lol. If Bird jumper was cold, he would try and get offensive rebounds and get easy layups like he did in the 1984 nba finals which was much smarter.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Numbers are not everything. Jordan most definitely was the better defender. Jordan would take turns with Pippen defending the teams best player. A lot of it was genetics. Bird just wasn't born with the long hands and athleticism that Jordan had.
    Jordan was a ing noodle. Sure he could do some things on the perimeter against dribblers and could get a little more air for blindside blocks. But Bird was a defensive master whereas Jordan was a cherry picker. You said it yourself; he had to switch with Pippen and choose his spots. Nobody was talking about Jordan's defense pre-Pippen.

And I'm guessing seven minutes was too long a video for someone like you to watch. So, here is the main thesis on hands in 14 seconds since you want to talk about hands.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I mean, Bird missed a wide open game winning three in the NBA finals against the Lakers. I think it was the 1987 finals. But yeah, Bird wouldn't chuck 16 3's lol. If Bird jumper was cold, he would try and get offensive rebounds and get easy layups like he did in the 1984 nba finals which was much smarter.
    If it was the one I'm thinking of he had to quick release over the late contest and it still looked good Luka was bucked ass naked open... I know Bird missed wide open shots on occasion... My point was it never felt like he did when it mattered...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it was that wide open. He was feeling for the seams of the basketball with the defender running at him. But all the same, Bird will tell you he should've made it. He even said he was expecting it to go in and then it didn't. I think in the same breath he said it was the only shot he missed like that, too.

I give you credit with having some familiarity with Larry's game though. He basically was a twenty-one foot and in player for the first five years of his career and would tend to only expand past that after seeing a few shots go in and at certain points of the game to shoot daggers. Again, that's because he didn't have the same shot after severing his finger. He got a semblance of it back in the second half of his career; but damn it's scary to think that that man who is already GOAT could've been so much better otherwise.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    says top 10 or top 12 player?

If he's that far back, then any comparisons to Bird are just flat out insulting.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My nicca Luka still hooping and ting on his doubters...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 01-09-2020 at 07:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    says top 10 or top 12 player?

If he's that far back, then any comparisons to Bird are just flat out insulting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol ripping jersey

Mental midget

Thread Information