Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Jake Fischer: One thing that is certain: the Atlanta Hawks, sources say, are operating with the goal of trading John Collins before Thursday night gets underway."

If they are selling him for the low, I'ma be pissed if we don't get him
    I am with you here.

I was surprised for how little Grant went, maybe the Spurs didn't even want him, but I am assuming bc Grant is on his last year and will need to be resigned or extended, that him being in agreement with where he was traded (and his role! as we all know him well) was a big part of why Detroit had to take whatever they could from Portland.

The Collins situation is completely different. He's in a cost controlled deal. Ball is on the Spurs court.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Sharpe literally lied about his vertical on social media. He and his team wasn't up front to Coach Calipari. There were shady things with his h.s. transcript. Dude's shady.
    Stop it

Sharpe is going in the top 10 so what you post is a bunch of nonsense as a team will still draft him in the top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d hate to be the last Jalen picked. You hear your first name 10 times then find out it someone else.
    Jalen... Williams
    Jalen... Rogers
    Jalen... Briggs
    Jalen... Edwards
    Jalen... Frogsmith
    Jalen... Sangiacomo
    Jalen... sorry, Dalen... Terry
    Jalen... Nichols

Not you, Jalen Bagwell. Not you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am with you here.

I was surprised for how little Grant went, maybe the Spurs didn't even want him, but I am assuming bc Grant is on his last year and will need to be resigned or extended, that him being in agreement with where he was traded (and his role! as we all know him well) was a big part of why Detroit had to take whatever they could from Portland.

The Collins situation is completely different. He's in a cost controlled deal. Ball is on the Spurs court.
    yes and even Woj said they want to move him before or during the draft. His price should be a lot lower than expected. Also with Portland getting Grant it's one less suitor. Spurs have to make an offer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So does Tankathon.

I don't know why people think Givony knows what he's doing. The years of DraftExpress are long gone. He's a Disney guy now.
    Based on recent track records, who would you say are the best mockers? I think at some point there needs to be a scorecard on these guys

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes and even Woj said they want to move him before or during the draft. His price should be a lot lower than expected. Also with Portland getting Grant it's one less suitor. Spurs have to make an offer.
    And if they want to move him now, it means PHX doesn’t want him as part of an Ayton deal either (or can’t make the numbers work).

I think Utah makes the most sense for both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on recent track records, who would you say are the best mockers? I think at some point there needs to be a scorecard on these guys
    Lol, no idea. I just hate the product ESPN puts out.

This guy, and Hoop Intellect and some others, have good individual scouting videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/AdamSpinella

Adam Spinella, incidentally, just switched his Spurs pick from Duren to Ousmane Dieng in his latest draft (3 hrs ago). A lot of mocks seem to be biting on the Dieng rumors. I don't buy Sharpe at all, though, and Givony should know better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be the most exciting 24 hours aside from a couple days in July all the way until October. really hope Brian Wright pulls something out of his ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5) I’ve been told that a Jakob Poeltl trade could happen during the draft but it’s not especially likely. San Antonio’s current asking price is three separate assets. For example, two first round picks and a promising young player is reportedly what it’d take right now.
    Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you assuming the Spurs don't like Sharpe? We don't know how the spurs feel about Sharpe.

Just because this board isn't in favor of Sharpe doesn't mean the Spurs aren't.
    Not going to disagree with you there at all. I mean they liked him enough to bring him in for a workout, none of our media got wind of it; in fact it was only revealed by Sharpe himself in a team interview...

That being said, when you look at what the Spurs tend to value, first and foremost is the quality of person/character.
    Now all we, the fans, have to go on with respect to this is short snippet media videos, scouting reports etc. and the answers/comments seem to be the exact an hesis of this.

I'm not going to pretend to know Sharpe intimately and perhaps it is all B/S in shaping some form of narrative (I even speculated upon this in his dedicated thread).

However, remember that your basing your infatuation on High School film and tantalizing upside which is evident in highly edited clips dating back some time ago.
    I'm doing very much the same thing, though it's based on more recent intel. and a historical franchise track record.

The results, at this stage, back up my hypothesis more than yours I'm afraid... that is Sharpe is not fit for a Spurs life, which would start initially with time in the G-League, building up Defensive a en, understanding team philosophies, playing off ball in low usage situations...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look at several and then don't keep track who hit or anything.
    I am looking now at NBA.com, they don't do mock drafts, they just show consensus.

Right now for the Spurs pick, they have the consensus on Duren. Still this is only 5 from 12 major websites they source information from. That is not even the majority, and is one of the spots where there is less consensus in the top of the lottery. Only a few spots there, have 3 or 4.

MOST COMMON PICKS
    No. 1 (Magic): Jabari Smith (10)
    No. 2 (Thunder): Chet Holmgren (10)
    No. 3 (Rockets): Paolo Banchero (12)
    No. 4 (Kings): Jaden Ivey (10)
    No. 5 (Pistons): Keegan Murray (7)
    No. 6 (Pacers): Bennedict Mathurin (5)
    No. 7 (Trail Blazers): Dyson Daniels (5)
    No. 8 (Pelicans): Dyson Daniels, Shaedon Sharpe (4)
    No. 9 (Spurs): Jalen Duren (5)
    No. 10 (Wizards): Johnny Davis (9)
    No. 11 (Knicks): A.J. Griffin (6)
    No. 12 (Thunder): Ousmane Dieng, Jeremy Sochan (3)
    No. 13 (Hornets): Mark Williams (4)
    No. 14 (Cavaliers): Ochai Agbaji (6)

https://www.nba.com/news/2022-consensus-mock-draft

FWIW, 5 sites had Duren, according to the latest update, but quite a few others, wouldn't be surprised if it was 4 or so (a very close number) had the Spurs as picking Sochan.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 06-22-2022 at 08:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sales 101. Set the price high enough, and meet at the middle.

Let the bidding war begin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sales 101. Set the price high enough, and meet at the middle.

Let the bidding war begin
    All these years after Kawhi, and no one understands leverage still.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no leverage when teams hang the phone up while other teams are calling with realistic offers and making trades.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s like having a chance at Doncic but drafting Bagley instead, or trading Doncic for Trae.

Duren will never have the range, ball handling, playmaking, perimeter coverage, etc like Chet.
    I like Holmgren more than most people here, but Doncic was the biggest sure thing pick since LeBron. He was MVP of Euroleage at 19 and that's a far higher level of compe ion than the NCAA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just saw what Grant fetched…SA would be wild to expect 2 picks for Jakob. I mean, I hope they get it, but I would be thrilled with a lottery pick in this draft tbh…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We might be in luck. Jonathan Givony, who is well-connected in the world of the NBA Draft, has Dieng going to the Pels at 8 in his latest mock. Maybe they scoop him up right before us.

Bad news? He has us taking Shaedon Sharpe

Stream of consciousness coming at you:

Schmidt told Givony to take the Sharpe to the Portland down... the leak was too evident and he had to do damage control.

Dyson Daniels for Portland? ehhhhhh I would not be particularly excited about that, but OTOH, perhaps Portland wised up after all, and went for a defensive prospect to correct past mistakes.

Now... put in perspective all this talk of taking the BPA, even if he's a guard, and that the Spurs are not in a position to refuse the BPA... the effort to trade for Ivey -- at least a tested prospect with a known record -- not able to trade for him, and having Sharpe there.

If that is the pick, I am afraid we won't see Mr. Body for a couple of days. The server crash will help hide it.

I am kind of with Timvp on him, if he's selected, you'd have to trust them and be excited. Possible bust if he turns out like a homeless version of Lonnie IV too, just we don't know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just saw what Grant fetched…SA would be wild to expect 2 picks for Jakob. I mean, I hope they get it, but I would be thrilled with a lottery pick in this draft tbh…

I wouldn’t give up 2 or even a lottery pick for a guy that’ll be a free agent soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t give up 2 or even a lottery pick for a guy that’ll be a free agent soon.
    I agree but good player are good players and Jak is good. So if a team wants to improve and thinks Jak>15th pick it makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If all it takes to get Ivey is KJ and the 9th pick then you do that deal. We are using KJ wrong anyways so his fit on the team isn’t even that good. It does suck to lose a 40% 3 point shooter in him but hey that’s why you trade for Hayward. He slides right into the SF position and gives us shooting. But Ivey is a player that needs to be drafted by us in order to be successful. If he goes to Sac then his career is screwed. We can make a of a player out of Ivey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-trad...022-nba-draft/

Lightly protected 2028 first round picks would be underwhelming tomorrow but could pay big dividends down the road.
    Hes someone that if other teams are not “sold” on him at 4, and that if SA does not land a top 4 pick, I hope SA can trade up for. If Ivey falls to like pick 5-7, SA use 9 + 20 to move up (or something in that mold). I think hes the one of the top 4 that has best shot at falling some and SA moving up to get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree but good player are good players and Jak is good. So if a team wants to improve and thinks Jak>15th pick it makes sense.
    Those are moves that get you fired

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think James Wiseman for Poodle plus a first round pick makes sense for both teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is that bc he's on the last year of his deal, who is going to give up a ton for him? He's not even someone you can extend to prevent hitting FA bc he's worth more and not signing an extension.

Honestly, is he someone that you can't just wait to sign next summer when he will be an UFA? Hornets? They may get a center in the draft. It may even be the reason Kessler was invited to the green room. If both Duren and Williams are picked before 13 (unlikely), Kessler will be there.

Indy tried to get in this trade with offering Turner. Bamba is a RFA. There are options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is that bc he's on the last year of his deal, who is going to give up a ton for him? He's not even someone you can extend to prevent hitting FA bc he's worth more and not signing an extension.

Honestly, is he someone that you can't just wait to sign next summer when he will be an UFA? Hornets? They may get a center in the draft. It may even be the reason Kessler was invited to the green room. If both Duren and Williams are picked before 13 (unlikely), Kessler will be there.

Indy tried to get in this trade with offering Turner. Bamba is a RFA. There are options.
    Teams like CHA dont want to waste another year. They took a step back and fired a coach because of it. Does it make the most sense? Maybe not, but when a team signals who they are, I tend to believe them.

Even if its not exactly Jakob for pick 13, just something like that. Maybe its Jak + 25 for 13 and a future pick or something.

Thread Information