vanity fair
    "reportedly"
    wasting time on boot's ty articles

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump blames companies impacted by his trade war

President Donald Trump on Friday appeared to accuse companies of falsely claiming that they've been hurt by his escalating trade war with China, instead

saying they're mismanaging their businesses.

“Imposing tariffs in September on the majority of all footwear products from China —

including nearly every type of leather shoe —

will make it impossible for hardworking American individuals and families to escape the harm that comes from these tax increases,”

“This uncertainty the China trade war has brought to our industry is stifling U.S. growth and halting capital investment in jobs, infrastructure, technologies, and more compe ive pricing for our customers.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/30/donald-trump-china-trade-war-1479012

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Retailers howl as U.S. trade agency locks in 15% tariffs on September 1

hundreds of U.S. retail, footwear, toy and technology companies to warn of price hikes.

This initial tranche includes smar ches, Bluetooth headphones, flat panel televisions and many types of footwear.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection will also start collecting a 15% tariff on Dec. 15 on the remainder of the $300 billion list, including cellphones, laptop computers, toys and clothing

More than 200 U.S. footwear companies on Wednesday said the added 15% duties on shoes would come on top of tariffs that already average 11% and reach 67% on some shoes, boosting costs for consumers by $4 billion every year.

More than 160 other business groups, including the National Retail Federation, Retail Industry Leaders Association and Association of Equipment Manufacturers, also urged Trump to postpone the tariffs, warning they would hit Americans in the middle of the busy holiday shopping season.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china-tariffs/retailers-howl-as-u-s-trade-agency-locks-in-15-tariffs-on-sept-1-idUSKCN1VI1PG?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_so urce=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed% 3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Top+News%2 9

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Trade War Raised Taxes By $30 Billion

Trump’s trade war is going to cost American taxpayers an additional $30 billion taxes a year, according to a new analysis released Thursday by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

“CBO estimates that all tariffs enacted under Trump are raising taxes by about $30 billion annually ($315B 2020-2029),”
    noted Zach Moller, deputy director of Third Way’s Economic Program.

“This would rise to about $45 billion a year if announced tariffs go into effect.”

The trade war tax hike would add to Trump’s already weak record on taxes.

Trump has claimed that the tax cut enacted by him and congressional Republicans in 2017 would be “rocket fuel” for the economy, but instead economic growth slowed.

Farmers have been filing bankruptcies at a record rate as Trump’s tariffs have kept them out of the global marketplace.

The government has now paid more than $1 million in interest to those farmers who haven’t received their payments on time.

Even when those payments are made, they will not make up for the shortfall from the trade war,

Trump and his Republican allies continue to insist they are

dug in for the long haul, no matter the harm. multi-millionaire Trash and Repugs
    https://www.nationalmemo.com/trumps-trade-war-raised-taxes-by-30-billion/?cn-reloaded=1

US can't stop China's rise as China continues to dominate the 21st China, pitting mythical "free market" capitalism against state-managed economy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Trump Escalates Trade War, U.S. and China Move Further Apart With No End in Sight

President Trump’s trade war with China entered new territory on Sunday as his next round of tariffs took effect, changing the rules of trade in ways that have no recent historic precedent and driving the world’s two largest economies further apart.

American tariffs on foreign goods had already climbed higher than any time since the 1960s before Sunday, when the United States imposed a new 15 percent tariff.

The move will bring average tariffs on Chinese imports to 21.2 percent, up from only 3.1 percent

China has responded by raising barriers to American companies and their products, while easing them for other nations.

American companies that once believed the trade war would blow over are now scrambling to limit their exposure to China, in some cases shifting production to other countries, like Vietnam, to avoid tariffs that will soon reach as much as 30 percent.

after months of stalled negotiations and China’s refusal to give in to America’s demands,

his strategy has taken a more punitive turn.

Mr. Trump, who has emphasized his view of the two countries as economic enemies and geopolitical rivals since his presidential campaign,

has more recently advocated a rapid “decoupling” between nations that have become economically dependent on each other over the past two decades.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/01/world/asia/trump-trade-war-china.html?emc=rss&partner=rss#

China is too big, too tightly managed by the govt, and is unstoppable.

Trash can't bully China, who can hit back 10 times harder and sell their stuff everywhere else.

Fake Macho Man is getting his fat ass, and his reelection fantasy, masochistically beaten down.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s trade mayhem hurts the working-class people he claims to love

Truck drivers, railway workers and other blue-collar workers are bearing the brunt of his trade policies

The poorly educated are about to learn just how little Donald Trump loves them.

His gratuitous trade mayhem is damaging the global economy.

That means workers in jobs requiring no more than a high school diploma may soon get let go from jobs moving goods.

Longshoremen, railroad workers, teamsters, the lumpers who load trailers, warehouse workers, and retail clerks are all at risk of being forced into unemployment.

Will these millions of workers grasp that Trump is abusing them to satisfy his whims?

Or will they react more like battered spouses who keep returning for more abuse because they cannot see the harsh reality of their situation?

During the 2016 primary races, Trump declared “I love the poorly educated.” self-love!

At rally after rally he used the word “love” to sell the idea that

he would champion what he later called the “forgotten man.”

Team Trump’s actions worsen the safety, health and long term financial interests of workers, while being a lucrative boon to polluters and financial predators.

https://www.salon.com/2019/09/01/trumps-trade-mayhem-hurts-the-working-class-people-he-claims-to-love_partner/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s how much you’re paying for Trump’s trade war

“All told, more than two-thirds of the consumer goods the United States imports from China now face higher taxes. The administration had largely avoided hitting consumer items in its earlier rounds of tariff increases.”

the average cost that will be passed on to American consumers will be around $1,000 annually for each household.

each family will spend over $460 on average for each family. An average doesn’t take into account families that purchase large and expensive products like cars or electronics,

“Across the income spectrum, the tariffs may cost up to $970 for America’s wealthiest households and as low as $340 for its poorest. These estimates include tariffs enacted so far as well as proposed increases for later this year,”

This does not take into account the president’s 25 percent tax increase on a different group of $250 billion of Chinese imports that are scheduled to increase to 30 percent on Oct. 1.

There’s also an additional increase that will occur on Dec. 15.

Trump told the public that he didn’t want his tariffs to hurt “Black Friday” and other holiday-related spending.

If Trump’s tariffs weren’t being paid for by Americans,

it’s unclear why he would need to hold off his tariffs until after the holiday shopping season.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/heres-how-much-youre-paying-for-trumps-trade-war/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump hardens his tone on China — despite his trade war rattling US economy

President Donald Trump on Tuesday sent stern warnings to China, urging the Pacific power not to drag its feet in trade negotiations.

“While I am sure they would love to be dealing with a new administration… 16 months PLUS is a long time to be hemorrhaging jobs and companies,” Trump said,

“And then, think what happens to China when I win. Deal would get MUCH TOUGHER!”

the US manufacturing sector — which Trump has long championed — had contracted last month for the first time in three years.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/donald-trump-hardens-his-tone-on-china-despite-his-trade-war-rattling-us-economy/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poll: Voters want US to confront China over trade

More than two-thirds of American voters want the U.S. to confront Beijing over its trade policies despite believing that they are suffering more from tariffs than China,

The poll showed 63 percent of registered voters said that tariffs imposed on Chinese products ultimately hurt the U.S. more than China,

while 74 percent said that American consumers are shouldering most of the burden of those tariffs.

But 67 percent said that it is necessary to confront China over its trade practices,

Fifty-three percent said that they do not think Trump will be able to sign a trade deal before Election Day in 2020,

while 47 percent said they believe he will get it done, Get WTF "done", what deal, terms?

most U.S. voters think a Democratic president would be either more effective or just as effective as Trump

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/459746-poll-voters-want-us-to-confront-china-over-trade

What is Trash asking China for?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Trade War Hits Sporting Goods

Karsh owns California Pro Sports in Harbor City, California, where invoices for big customers now include a caveat:

Prices are up due to the Trump administration’s tariffs on Chinese imports, and they could rise further on short notice.

“We have to explain to our customers that the trade war affects them as it does us,” Karsh said.

“We can pass on pretty much everything to the consumer. The problem is, now they will shop lower-quality items. Some understand, and other people don’t.”

duties set to kick in soon will affect all manner of sports equipment that hasn’t been made in America for decades,

baseball enthusiasts are perhaps affected most because so many items are needed to play the game.

Baseball caps were
    hit first by the third round of China tariffs that went into effect at 10 percent last September and rose to 25 percent in January, on top of the 7.5 percent base tariff. Those added about a dollar to the cost of a hat, Karsh said. Trump’s tariff will rise to 30 percent in October, bringing the total to 37.5, and possibly causing another price increase.

Retail prices for metal bats have already risen $5 to $10 each

Since the sporting goods industry has become so dominated by Chinese imports, teams have little ability to shop around.

“Baseball is struggling. The expense of playing the game has gone up sky high,”

“It’s a tax on top of a tax. They’re discouraging people from playing the game of baseball.”

https://www.nationalmemo.com/trumps-trade-war-hits-sporting-goods/?cn-reloaded=1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recession Hits US Manufacturing Sector In Trade War

U.S. factories are struggling so badly that the manufacturing sector is officially in a recession

It’s thanks in large part to Trump’s trade war with China.

shrinking orders, production, and hiring in the manufacturing industry, hitting a three-year low.

The news follows worrisome data from August showing new manufacturing orders and exports hit a
    10-year low.

“In our view, a continued decline … will be hard to spin as anything but a manufacturing recession,”

And whatever costs those companies don’t absorb, they pass along to buyers, meaning the tariffs are nothing more than a tax on American consumers,

China has stopped buying U.S. agricultural products, pushing American
    farmers into bankruptcy at record rates.

“Trade tensions have pushed corporate confidence and global growth to multi-year lows,”

“manufacturing is likely to have again acted as a significant drag on the economy in the third quarter,”

Trump vowed to restore “the glory of American manufacturing.”

But that’s not what is happening. Instead, the American manufacturing sector is experiencing a recession.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/recession-hits-us-manufacturing-sector-in-trade-war/?cn-reloaded=1

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recession Hits US Manufacturing Sector In Trade War

U.S. factories are struggling so badly that the manufacturing sector is officially in a recession

It’s thanks in large part to Trump’s trade war with China.

shrinking orders, production, and hiring in the manufacturing industry, hitting a three-year low.

The news follows worrisome data from August showing new manufacturing orders and exports hit a
    10-year low.

“In our view, a continued decline … will be hard to spin as anything but a manufacturing recession,”

And whatever costs those companies don’t absorb, they pass along to buyers, meaning the tariffs are nothing more than a tax on American consumers,

China has stopped buying U.S. agricultural products, pushing American
    farmers into bankruptcy at record rates.

“Trade tensions have pushed corporate confidence and global growth to multi-year lows,”

“manufacturing is likely to have again acted as a significant drag on the economy in the third quarter,”

Trump vowed to restore “the glory of American manufacturing.”

But that’s not what is happening. Instead, the American manufacturing sector is experiencing a recession.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/recession-hits-us-manufacturing-sector-in-trade-war/?cn-reloaded=1
    The last bit about the farmers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irate at China, Trump had to be talked off his crazy ledge by advisers and 'multiple CEOs'

Donald Trump was reportedly so enraged at China after the country announced $75 billion in tariffs on U.S. goods back in August that he wanted to double existing tariffs on the country.

He also appears to have been surprised by China’s move,

despite having personally precipitated the perpetual pud-punching contest that has seen China respond in kind every damn time.

CNBC:

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer then

enlisted multiple CEOs to call the president and

warn him about the impact such a move would have on the stock market and the economy.

He settled on a 5% hike in tariff rates on about $550 billion in Chinese products, which he announced in an Aug. 23 tweet after the market close.

Needless to say,

the trade war isn’t working out as planned.

And that might be because

Trump still seems shocked every time China raises tariffs in response to our pointless tariffs.

I mean, who could have ever anticipated that?

I thought we’d just hold China down while we gave them a vigorous pink belly.

But, no. Trump appears to have singlehandedly stalled the global economy because — and I can’t stress this enough —

HE DOESN’T KNOW WHAT THE HE’S DOING.

And will he see the devastation he’s wrought and relent,

knowing that further escalation of our trade war will only make things worse

for our economy and everyone else’s?

If you believe that, you don’t know Donald Trump.

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

....And then, think what happens to China when I win.

Deal would get MUCH TOUGHER!

In the meantime, China’s Supply Chain will crumble and businesses, jobs and money will be gone!

===============

If you re-elect Donald Trump, he’s going to take this smoldering garbage fire of an economic policy and douse it with kerosene.

What could possibly go wrong? Yeah, more of this brilliant tactic. Please!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's tariff war will have cost the US hundreds of billions in lost economic output by early next year, according to the Federal Reserve.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1VQ2KH

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's tariff war will have cost the US hundreds of billions in lost economic output by early next year, according to the Federal Reserve.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1VQ2KH
    Can anybody find what Trash wants the Chinese to do?

Stocks jump on trade war meeting announced, but nobody expects any progress.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s trade war is a disaster — and the numbers prove it: WSJ editorial board

blasted President Donald Trump for kneecapping the U.S. economy with an open-ended, sweeping trade war — and warned that the “trade uncertainty principle” is wiping out the economic gains of the previous few years.

“President Trump tweeted Friday that ‘The Economy is great. The only thing adding to ‘uncertainty’ is the Fake News!’ Sorry, sir.

The economy is fair to good, but it’s no longer as great as it was last year, and a major reason is the uncertainty caused by Mr. Trump’s trade policy,” wrote the board.

“Friday’s labor-market report for August shows that job creation in the goods-producing economy has slowed to a trickle,”

manufacturing produced a mere 3,000, after only 4,000 in July.

This reflects declining demand for U.S. goods around the world due to slower growth abroad

caused in part by Mr. Trump’s protectionist shock to the global trading system.”

new Federal Reserve data supports the idea that protectionism is causing major pain.

“The economists did a statistical analysis of newspaper articles and earnings-call transcripts to measure what they call ‘trade policy uncertainty,’ or TPU.

They then used that and other data to estimate the impact of TPU on economic growth and industrial production in the U.S. and the world,”

“‘We find that the rise in TPU in the first half of 2018 accounts for

a decline in the level of global GDP of about 0.8 percent by the first half of 2019,’

That damage would be diminishing now if trade tension had abated

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trumps-trade-war-is-a-disaster-and-the-numbers-prove-it-wsj-editorial-board/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-trade-uncertainty-principle-11567810888?mod=hp_opin_pos_1

Trash and his sycophantic mafiya are the ONLY supporters of his silly, destructive trade war without end.

WTF does Trash want China to do?

Should be a very good football/Christmas TV selling season for Taiwan and S Korea.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is losing much more than just a trade war — he’s losing America’s future

China is using Trump’s gratuitous trade war to expand its economic, diplomatic and military influence.

And it is succeeding, diminishing America’s influence, especially in the Western Pacific and India.

The long-term cost to America in lost opportunities and ultimately diminished economic growth will be catastrophic.

China can reduce its reliance on America, which takes only one-fifth of its exports.

The drop in the value of the yuan makes Chinese goods less expensive for Americans while imports from the United States will cost the Chinese more, encouraging a shift to suppliers from other nations.

Trump’s erratic behavior needlessly injects uncertainty into business decisions, while

the Chinese communists promote their stable leadership and long-term perspective to build strong commercial alliances.

The simple truth is that
    China no longer needs America to buy its goods.

The calculating and highly educated communist dictators in Beijing are lowering trade barriers, cutting tariffs with other countries and strengthening their 16 existing trade alliances.

Americans must endure crazed rants from a know-nothing leader who makes up claims that China bears the burden of tariffs when in fact the tariffs are a tax on American consumers.

America Crumbles While China Builds

While American passenger rails are slower than during the Civil War, China’s official news agency brags about the expansion of its 18,000-mile network of high-speed rails

America Falls to No. 2

China is already the world’s largest economy, one-fifth larger than the United States when measured on a Purchasing Power Parity basis

Trump promised to rebuild America’s crumbling infrastructure.

Trump’s failure to produce anything on this front makes our economy less efficient.

Bond investors can double their income by selling the U.S. 10-year bond and then buying 10-year Chinese bonds.

The 10-year Chinese government bond was yielding 3.1% last week, more than double the 1.5% return on the 10-year United States bond.

While Trump ran for office claiming he would rev up the economy,

pay off the national debt in eight years and would negotiate such great deals that Americans would get tired of winning so much, none of that has happened.

Indeed, the
    annual budget deficit is now nearly $1 trillion a year and will stay that way for a decade under current policy.

Under Trump, real Gross Domestic Product growth has averaged 1.2% per quarter, well below the 1.6% average since 1947.

Trump will continue his crazy-making behavior, like the Sharpie line across Alabama to justify a nonsense claim about Hurricane Dorian, but

what we should watch more closely is how he is, however unintentionally, helping China in its goal to become the dominant global power.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trump-is-losing-much-more-than-just-a-trade-war-hes-losing-americas-future/

Trash is not alone. The entire Repug party, craven, bootlicking, ass kissing s to the oligarchy, support Trash 100% and staffed his Exec with Christian Taliban and corporate hatchet men who are destroying govt and enshrining White Male Christian Nationalism.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-08-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump proposes 100% tariff that would double the cost of European wine, cheese and olive oil

New frontier in "owning the libs": Doubling prices on European wine, cheese, olive oil and other gourmet products

The Trump administration has proposed a tariff of up to 100 percent on $25 billion of European products, including cheese, wine, meats, olive oil and pasta,

The newest front of Trump’s trade war is related to a
    years-long dispute between the U.S. and the European Union over subsidies for airplane manufacturers.

Retailers say that the tariffs would result in soaring prices that could cripple thousands of American businesses. Roughly 14,000 specialty food retailers and 20,000 other food retailers could be hit by the tariff,

"Products that we sell are already kind of expensive,” he explained. “For instance, Parmigiano Reggiano and Grana Padano. These are cheeses that sell between $15 and $20 a pound. Could I get $30 and $40 a pound for this cheese? It's going to be very difficult.”

https://www.salon.com/2019/09/10/trump-proposes-100-tariff-that-would-double-the-cost-of-european-wine-cheese-and-olive-oil/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash talks Macho Man vengeful asshole, then caves, repeatedly

Trump again delays his trade war escalation as fears of a recession grow

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/tru...e+Raw+Story%29

what about Trash's 100% tariffs on European wine, cheese, meat?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why should China do a deal? Trash keeps caving!

China can hang on til 21 Jan 2021 when America flushes bag Trash down the toilet of history.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congress Is Bailing Out Trump’s Farm Bailout

The top Democrat on the House Agriculture Committee insists farmers need the money.

Democrats are doing the Trump administration a favor that Republicans wouldn’t have done for Obama.

President Donald Trump has given so much extra money to American farms harmed by his trade policy that the U.S. Department of Agriculture is nearing a legal limit.

, boosting the USDA’s borrowing authority so it can continue to pay farmers who are unable to sell soybeans and other crops to Chinese buyers because of the Trump trade war.

The broader funding bill could have been a point of leverage for Democrats battling the Trump administration for all manner of testimony and do ents — but Democrats have declined to use it.

President Barack Obama used the same bailout authority in 2010,

sending $348 million to farmers hurt by heavy rains in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi.

Republicans got mad. They accused Obama

of illegally trying to help struggling Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.) win an election.

And then they imposed new restrictions on the USDA’s ability

to use its so-called Commodity Credit Corporation authority ― restrictions that remained in place until 2018, when Trump needed help.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...gEmail__092019

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-20-2019 at 06:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump mulls capital controls, market is spooked:

Trump administration officials are discussing ways to limit U.S. investors’ portfolio flows into China in a move that would have repercussions for billions of dollars in investment pegged to major indexes, according to people familiar with the internal deliberations.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...china-k12ahk4g

Thread Information