Page 58 of 303 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 7567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we should have just followed their lead and stop at 3500?
    I just said no.

I asked a simple question - when are we going to stop counting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh look Im edgy because I use racist views!!

so edgy
    You don't get sarcasm very well. I've seen multiple times when you fail to grasp satire.

Also, Chinese isn't a race.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just said no.

I asked a simple question - when are we going to stop counting?
    Why should we stop counting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't get sarcasm very well. I've seen multiple times when you fail to grasp satire.

Also, Chinese isn't a race.
    oh look I will say its sarcasm when called out on my edgy racism!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why should we stop counting?
    The general public, when will we no longer care about death counts from a particular virus? Do you keep up with influenza deaths? I don't. I can find the stats if I need to, but I don't keep up with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh look I will say its sarcasm when called out on my edgy racism!
    I'm not the one who let them die - that would be the leadership of China. Take it up with him (would that make you racist?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is that if a democrat wins the election, the counting will become more and more sporadic, the news media will mostly focus on the upcoming Nobel prize for winning the election. If the dems lose again, the counting will become more and more prominent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not the one who let them die - that would be the leadership of China. Take it up with him (would that make you racist?)
    oh look china!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The general public, when will we no longer care about death counts from a particular virus? Do you keep up with influenza deaths? I don't. I can find the stats if I need to, but I don't keep up with them.
    Ah it's just the flu. Nonsense, it has killed roughly 100,000 Americans in roughly two months. People need to know how dangerous this novel virus is and not just write it off like it's the flu, and the much larger death count drives that point home. Especially if they get it they need to know they can't act like it's just the flu and seek treatment more aggressively than people would be predisposed to do for the flu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is that if a democrat wins the election, the counting will become more and more sporadic, the news media will mostly focus on the upcoming Nobel prize for winning the election. If the dems lose again, the counting will become more and more prominent.
    I'll keep the count updated for you if I'm not in the mass graves with Thread by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost forgot cubby's dinner

Update (20 May 2020):::
    Trump's Corona Plague dead: 94,994
    Regular Flu dead: 23+k
    Spanish Flu dead: 275k
    Obama's H1N1 Flu dead: 12.5k

Let us proceed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost forgot cubby's dinner

Update (20 May 2020):::
    Trump's Corona Plague dead: 94,994
    Regular Flu dead: 23+k
    Spanish Flu dead: 275k
    Obama's H1N1 Flu dead: 12.5k

Let us proceed...
    damn we hitting 100k on Memorial Day

Memorial Day Massacre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah it's just the flu. Nonsense, it has killed roughly 100,000 Americans in roughly two months. People need to know how dangerous this novel virus is and not just write it off like it's the flu, and the much larger death count drives that point home. Especially if they get it they need to know they can't act like it's just the flu and seek treatment more aggressively than people would be predisposed to do for the flu.
    You're talking about need. I am talking about tendency. Eventually people won't click the links to see the latest updates on death counts. It happens during wars as well. That first soldier death is reported, then a few more die and no one really says much until a nice round number like "deaths in XXX country hit 100" or "1000" and some cool comparison or milestone is reached "that's as many deaths as in the entire Afghanistan war.."

So we hit 100K deaths, more than Vietnam.. are we now targeting the Spanish Flu and after that will we just stop counting or will it fade earlier?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Memorial Day Massacre
    Thankfully it doesn't look like we're headed to that 3k dead per day by June 1st projection any more. Wonder if it's showing itself to be seasonal like flus?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Memorial Day Massacre
    ^right on cue.. nice round number narrative with cool le to mark the occasion. Yeah it's really serious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thankfully it doesn't look like we're headed to that 3k dead per day by June 1st projection any more. Wonder if it's showing itself to be seasonal like flus?
    didnt deaths e up last couple days? hopefully its as you say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll keep the count updated for you if I'm not in the mass graves with Thread by then.
    The count doesn't mean anything to me now though. We lose about 1K per day and there's a downward trend. If it's 20 fewer I'd not notice, but the loved ones of those 20 people did. You probably have antibodies. If you want an antibody test let me know via PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^right on cue.. nice round number narrative with cool le to mark the occasion. Yeah it's really serious.
    “its a badge of honor”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're talking about need. I am talking about tendency. Eventually people won't click the links to see the latest updates on death counts. It happens during wars as well. That first soldier death is reported, then a few more die and no one really says much until a nice round number like "deaths in XXX country hit 100" or "1000" and some cool comparison or milestone is reached "that's as many deaths as in the entire Afghanistan war.."

So we hit 100K deaths, more than Vietnam.. are we now targeting the Spanish Flu and after that will we just stop counting or will it fade earlier?
    It's pretty doubtful the virus will stop getting top billing in the press until we start nearing herd immunity levels. Your war analogy doesn't really hold here because Americans weren't going out an seeing Viet-Cong in the streets every day while Americans will be around SARSCov2 constantly until there is a vaccine or this virus burns itself out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “its a badge of honor”
    Hey dude I'm not innocent either. I do the same even if it's dead serious, but I never hear people talking about the death count any longer. Now it's just business as usual with some differences in daily routines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didnt deaths e up last couple days? hopefully its as you say
    They always do that on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and drop off on either Sundays and Mondays or Saturdays and Sundays, I forget which.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey dude I'm not innocent either. I do the same even if it's dead serious, but I never hear people talking about the death count any longer. Now it's just business as usual with some differences in daily routines.
    “I never hear people talking abou the death count”

just because you dont hear it dont mean there are no people talking about it and following closely.

, me and bum are still following

my worst fears back in Feb were 100k+ deaths

worst fears realized and still going

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They always do that on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and drop off on either Sundays and Mondays or Saturdays and Sundays, I forget which.
    I never believed wed go back to 3k so quick tbqh I called it

but reaching 100k is sobering

I dont see how we wont go back to 3k a day in the fall with all these “reopenings” and flu

My clients at the big banks have told me the big banks are not opening their offices back until September at the earliest. they know whats up

oh another tidbit from my clients

they will require employees to NOT take public transport anymore.

poor peasants that have to smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never believed wed go back to 3k so quick tbqh I called it

but reaching 100k is sobering

I dont see how we wont go back to 3k a day in the fall with all these “reopenings” and flu

My clients at the big banks have told me the big banks are not opening their offices back until September at the earliest. they know whats up

oh another tidbit from my clients

they will require employees to NOT take public transport anymore.

poor peasants that have to smh
    At that time 3k didn't exactly sound crazy with us at 2k per day and the nation opening up.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The count doesn't mean anything to me now though.
    It never meant anything to you before because you were stupid enough to go all in on Trump before it hit. Now it's all about your ego, which is all matters to you.

All we're going to get from you is tubby backflips and deflections.

Thread Information