Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    How great of a coach is Coach K if he can’t make the Final Four with that team?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    People always look at me crazy when I say that. You put Coach K at any other school and he's fired in 5 seasons or less

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    People always look at me crazy when I say that. You put Coach K at any other school and he's fired in 5 seasons or less
    Hahah! Coach K has 5 months to mold a bunch of AAU babies. Last season he played a zone defense with 2 classic bigs and this season man defense with a position-less offense. These drastic changes in strategy from one season to the next negatively effect the development of his 2+ year players.

Roster will be more well balanced next season with each role filled such as shooters, which this years team had none of.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Hahah! Coach K has 5 months to mold a bunch of AAU babies. Last season he played a zone defense with 2 classic bigs and this season man defense with a position-less offense. These drastic changes in strategy from one season to the next negatively effect the development of his 2+ year players.

Roster will be more well balanced next season with each role filled such as shooters, which this years team had none of.
    It's his decision to have a new team of AAU babies every year. If he wants a team of juniors and seniors who fit a system that he runs the same way every year, he should recruit differently.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    It's his decision to have a new team of AAU babies every year. If he wants a team of juniors and seniors who fit a system that he runs the same way every year, he should recruit differently.
    I think you'll see that this upcoming season. More depth and roles filled.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I think you'll see that this upcoming season. More depth and roles filled.
    It's smart imo. Winning a championship with a bunch of 18 year old 5 star recruit monkeys is extremely difficult in a single elimination format (the only time it worked for Calipari was when he had a team of extremely mature freshman who had enough talent to overcome any bad shooting). I'd much rather have the Kansas/UNC approach of having mixture of really talented freshman with more experienced juniors and seniors.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It's smart imo. Winning a championship with a bunch of 18 year old 5 star recruit monkeys is extremely difficult in a single elimination format (the only time it worked for Calipari was when he had a team of extremely mature freshman who had enough talent to overcome any bad shooting). I'd much rather have the Kansas/UNC approach of having mixture of really talented freshman with more experienced juniors and seniors.
    Yeah that Kentucky team was an anomaly for one and done types. They were very balanced scoring wise and everybody was pretty efficient so it’s much harder to gameplan against then when you have one or two guys chucking up all the shots and “ooga-boogeying” after every made shot. Davis barely led the team in scoring simply due t his ridiculous talent but mainly focused on being the defensive anchor. Kidd-Gilchrist and Jones also focused on being good team defenders.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Yeah that Kentucky team was an anomaly for one and done types. They were very balanced scoring wise and everybody was pretty efficient so it’s much harder to gameplan against then when you have one or two guys chucking up all the shots and “ooga-boogeying” after every made shot. Davis barely led the team in scoring simply due t his ridiculous talent but mainly focused on being the defensive anchor. Kidd-Gilchrist and Jones also focused on being good team defenders.
    Exactly, MKG was an elite athlete but unlike other AAU n!ggers was willing to sacrifice scoring and top 10 plays to do the dirty work and play defense.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    They just lost AT HOME to some school I've never heard of thanks to one of the dumbest turnovers in a late-game situation ever.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They just lost AT HOME to some school I've never heard of thanks to one of the dumbest turnovers in a late-game situation ever.
    The mighty Lumberjacks of East Texas.
    They have/had a very good forestry school.

My Team
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Post Count
    Stephen F Austin is a pretty cool school tbh.

Dook

Post Count
    To be fair, they’ve made the NCAA tournament a lot more recently than most schools.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    To be fair, they’ve made the NCAA tournament a lot more recently than most schools.
    They lost to Rutgers by 12 a few days before Dook choked to them.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    college basketball is much better than college football..........anyone can be beat there is parity all over ncaab........there isnt much that seperates the #1- 25 teams & the bottom of d1 teams

Thread Information