Page 476 of 491 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486 ... LastLast
Results 11,876 to 11,900 of 12267
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if a team can trade a player, a player can sit out a year pretending to rehab...get over it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams don't respect contracts either..but or ok with that, right?
    What a ing dumb thing to say... The ability for teams to trade players to other teams is explicitly written on the contract the players (and teams) sign. There's always obligations and things to be earned for fulfilling them (you think contracts don't also stipulate that players have to play games, be at practice, etc?). Teams absolutely "respect" contracts and if they broke them, the NBPA would be on their asses about it.

What Nephew did (sit out a season he was paid for, force a trade, and all the shenanigans that followed) is not contemplated in the contract, because they have specific lengths to be fulfilled. It's also the magic that makes players retain their salaries and contract duration if/when they're traded. You might want to look for another example for your stupid point.

E: players can literally have No Trade Clauses weaved into their contracts under the right cir stances... Just a re ed comment all around, tbh
    He got paid 19 million to play in 9 games. Despite the majority of medical opinion that he could play. Basically sabotaged any chance the Spurs could get good value.
    I've wondered if the Spurs ever if even for a moment thought about seeking some sort of compensation..
    Yeah- I know this would probably open a can of worms that they would never amount to anything positive..but I really wonder if the thought at least crossed their mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    alpha Kawhi has the whole league seething.

he’s just resting up for the real season. that LOB mentality

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The preferential treatment shouldn't just bug them, they should riot tbh. They're getting paid peanuts and have to play every game while nephew and George load manage. This team needs to implode somehow to see uncle on the receiving end of all that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's just resting up for the playoffs. To make it fair then why don't the best player of every team sit out games so they can rest up for the playoffs. See what wouldn't happen to the league, I doubt there would be one left after a few seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The preferential treatment shouldn't just bug them, they should riot tbh. They're getting paid peanuts and have to play every game while nephew and George load manage. This team needs to implode somehow to see uncle on the receiving end of all that .
    they can cry all they want only one person on the team has that LOB

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    first career triple double. congrats kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seventh straight 30 point game.

remember when pop would pull him to not let him get 30

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a ing dumb thing to say... The ability for teams to trade players to other teams is explicitly written on the contract the players (and teams) sign. There's always obligations and things to be earned for fulfilling them (you think contracts don't also stipulate that players have to play games, be at practice, etc?). Teams absolutely "respect" contracts and if they broke them, the NBPA would be on their asses about it.

What Nephew did (sit out a season he was paid for, force a trade, and all the shenanigans that followed) is not contemplated in the contract, because they have specific lengths to be fulfilled. It's also the magic that makes players retain their salaries and contract duration if/when they're traded. You might want to look for another example for your stupid point.

E: players can literally have No Trade Clauses weaved into their contracts under the right cir stances... Just a re ed comment all around, tbh
    Thank you good sir.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "So if a team does something that is explicitly allowed by the contract they're bound to, a player can do something that is explicitly forbidden by that same contract" is what you are saying. See how stupid it sounds? Maybe I need to word it easier...
    A player requesting a trade isn't against the contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is upset that he demanded the trade.
    Lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seventh straight 30 point game.

remember when pop would pull him to not let him get 30
    man, I have seen suckers but you are a special one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, I have seen suckers but you are a special one
    irrelevant euro makes another appearance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what Kawhi would look like in a line up with Forbes, Mills and Belinelli. Pop would be yelling at him to defend better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by duncan2k5
    So if a team can trade a player, a player can demand a trade...get over it

Sure. But not the way he did. Why is this hard?

He had a contract that paid him many mul udes more in one season than 99% of the people will sniff in their entire working lives. And yet he hid from staff and teammates, and couldn't manage to sit on the bench for even one game after December.

Stop licking his jock strap in the asshole region. It's embarrassing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what Kawhi would look like in a line up with Forbes, Mills and Belinelli. Pop would be yelling at him to defend better

Yeah. The second time somebody blew by Forbes for a layup, Pop would bench... Leonard.

I wish that was funnier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we’d probably be a 4-6 seed...with Kawhi having to play every night. keep in mind he’d have to hold back and have endless 26-29 pt games or else poop would bench him

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    irrelevant euro makes another appearance
    You believe that you are somehow relevant? Besides showing your love for Kawhi and your hate for Pop, what do you bring?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A player requesting a trade isn't against the contract
    it is the way he asked for it that people criticize. He put the Spurs in the corner by requesting a trade to LA only while being “injured” and refusing to play. Anyway, it is done and over, he is where he wanted to play in the first place. Not a big deal, happens, the Spurs will move on eventually from this autistic player and his stupid uncle

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone see kawhi at a strip club throwing cash all over the air? All over twitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi celebrating his first Triple-Double in style

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta be him. Only MFer who would hit a ty-bar in a New Balance hoodie tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta be him. Only MFer who would hit a ty-bar in a New Balance hoodie tbh
    Its him there are other pics.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Changes the meaning of Load Management though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I noticed how there wasn't a lot of slurping on Nephew for his FIRST triple double. It's really embarrassing it took him 10 years to get a triple double that's why there was no coverage of it. It shows how much of a fraud nephew is.

Thread Information