Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liking Leandro Bolmaro if we trade down ...

He follows Luka, Patty, Manu, and the Spurs on IG....

But he also follows the Lakers.

Just not sure how they could bring him over with his new contract.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liking Leandro Bolmaro if we trade down ...

He follows Luka, Patty, Manu, and the Spurs on IG....

But he also follows the Lakers.

Just not sure how they could bring him over with his new contract.

Bolmaro has a lot of mannerisms that look like Manu. I'm not saying he's going to play like Manu, but you can really tell that he grew up watching Manu and copying his style. It's really cool to watch him come into the paint and cradle the ball next to his body like Manu did - sort of like a football running back.

His buyout is only $900K, so he would only have to pay $150K out of his own pocket. But he's already announced that he's not going to come to the NBA this next season, no matter what. It sounded like he's staying in this draft, but he's not considering leaving Barca this year. He would be a good investment for a team that can afford to wait. I would take him on the Spurs for sure, but I don't think they can spent #11 that way right now, and I don't think he'll make it to #41.

Damn good pick, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With as good as Jerami Grant has played the last 2 seasons I really think Diakite out of UVA could be a little similar type player.

Hopefully our guys can get him in the 2nd round or as an undrafted free agent

the draft express link didn’t take into account his UVA play
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Diakite-84531/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Immanuel quickley coule be an interesting 2nd rounder.

Not a big guard, not a pass first guy but a deadly shooter. Coule be a good player of the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/09/...-measurements/

Tyrell Terry supposedly has grown a couple of inches and put on close to 20 lbs since end of season. Think there will be a lot of instances of this with 2020 prospects. If Kira Lewis grows an inch or two and has dedicated himself physically, IMHO hard to pass that up at 11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With as good as Jerami Grant has played the last 2 seasons I really think Diakite out of UVA could be a little similar type player.

Hopefully our guys can get him in the 2nd round or as an undrafted free agent

the draft express link didn’t take into account his UVA play
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Diakite-84531/
    No way he can play on the wing like Grant, he's energy big in the mold of Larry Nance jr

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/09/...-measurements/

Tyrell Terry supposedly has grown a couple of inches and put on close to 20 lbs since end of season. Think there will be a lot of instances of this with 2020 prospects. If Kira Lewis grows an inch or two and has dedicated himself physically, IMHO hard to pass that up at 11.
    He is my Dark Horse at number 11 I think he will be a very good starter for any team in one or two years. In a perfect world would love to work a trade with LMA or Derozz where we able to keep our 11th pick and then pick up Kira latter but I know that is not going to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently the Spurs interviewed this guy:

Who the is this guy lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Checked him out a bit... Plays a bit like Zeke Nnaji. A little bit more mobile maybe. Has a weird looking shot but it goes in.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Checked him out a bit... Plays a bit like Zeke Nnaji. A little bit more mobile maybe. Has a weird looking shot but it goes in.

He's a great big bas , isn't he? Looks like a Turkish Steven Adams. I didn't see that the Spurs interviewed him, but I believe you.

Did you read his story? He played pro ball in Europe. Played a preseason exhibition game against the Nets when he was 17 years old. Then after playing as a pro, he decides to go to college? The NCAA made him sit out 9 games, and donate $1K to a charity of his choice, and declared him eligible. Since when did the NCAA start selling eligibility? It's the stupidest damn thing I've ever heard of. If you want make him college eligible, just do it. Don't make him pay money to some damn charity.

So he plays for NC State. Then he decides to test the NBA draft. I guess he didn't get the interest he wanted, so he goes back to college - but not to NC State. He transfers to Georgetown, which means he has to sit out a year to become eligible there. He plays one year for Georgetown, then says he'll forego a redshirt year there to enter this draft.

I've never seen a bio like that, ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, in case someone doesn't believe:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a great big bas , isn't he? Looks like a Turkish Steven Adams. I didn't see that the Spurs interviewed him, but I believe you.

Did you read his story? He played pro ball in Europe. Played a preseason exhibition game against the Nets when he was 17 years old. Then after playing as a pro, he decides to go to college? The NCAA made him sit out 9 games, and donate $1K to a charity of his choice, and declared him eligible. Since when did the NCAA start selling eligibility? It's the stupidest damn thing I've ever heard of. If you want make him college eligible, just do it. Don't make him pay money to some damn charity.

So he plays for NC State. Then he decides to test the NBA draft. I guess he didn't get the interest he wanted, so he goes back to college - but not to NC State. He transfers to Georgetown, which means he has to sit out a year to become eligible there. He plays one year for Georgetown, then says he'll forego a redshirt year there to enter this draft.

I've never seen a bio like that, ever.
    Guess he wanted to transfer to Georgetown because of Patrick Ewing.

He can sort of shoot off the dribble similar to Jalen (obviously not as good) which is nice. Has a soft touch around the rim.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if they going to let Poodle walk?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if they going to let Poodle walk?
    I doubt they've made that decision; it'd depend on what he wants as a contract. But no doubt they are doing their due diligence so as to have options.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was wondering what some of yalls opinion of Josh Hall was?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Mason Jones?

I like prospects who can take it to the hoop and draw fouls. Sometimes you can gauge their toughness that way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopshy...he-league/amp/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Apparently weighed 270 lbs and lost 70 lbs in a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like a solid pick if we go big with our 1st.

White/ Murray/ Q
    DeMar/ Lonnie/ Mills
    Keldon/ Jones
    Lyles/ Gay/ Samanic
    Aldridge/ Smith/ Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "How do you think your perimeter defense will translate to the next level?

MJ: I feel like I can really guard one through four. I can do a lot. I can guard a point guard, I can guard a shooting guard and I can guard a small forward; it’s just about the match-ups. I had to play a lot of four because our team was small and Coach just wanted us to go small, so I was doing everything I could do for our team. As you can tell if you watched us play, we switched everything one through five. When I go to the next level, that is really going to carry on because I was able to guard so many positions. So dealing with my IQ and the way I’m going to keep getting faster on my foot speed and everything that is going to happen this summer while training will help me as it translates to the next level."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He started basketball as a high school senior because he was overweight the years prior. He wasn't recruited to any colleges. Sounds like another Derrick White story to me.

The only thing is he is another "secondary playmaker" type. Meaning he'll have to take the ball away from DJ, White, DeMar, Keldon, if we want him to play at his best. Which is not that big an issue for me... he's a better ball handler and way better shooter than DJ and DeMar won't be here forever... and since Mason is a great shooter, maybe he can learn to play a bit better off the ball.
    Sugus take a look at this guy (as a 2nd round pick) when you have time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Straight up makes a mockery out of Yves Pons, one of the best defenders in college:

Okoro couldn't stop him:

Bro

Boi is a killa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Straight up makes a mockery out of Yves Pons, one of the best defenders in college:

Okoro couldn't stop him:

Bro

Boi is a killa
    Less athletic Devin Booker vibes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He started basketball as a high school senior because he was overweight the years prior. He wasn't recruited to any colleges. Sounds like another Derrick White story to me.

The only thing is he is another "secondary playmaker" type. Meaning he'll have to take the ball away from DJ, White, DeMar, Keldon, if we want him to play at his best. Which is not that big an issue for me... he's a better ball handler and way better shooter than DJ and DeMar won't be here forever... and since Mason is a great shooter, maybe he can learn to play a bit better off the ball.
    Sugus take a look at this guy (as a 2nd round pick) when you have time.
    I've been avoiding this thread just because I haven't scouted any second-round prospects, and I don't want to get my hopes up for even more players we probably won't draft. But being that it's a personal recommendation... I'll check it out and get back to you. Haven't got any horse in the second-round-pick race so might as well scout at least one or two guys, tbh. It's gonna take way too long until the draft comes, anyways...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been avoiding this thread just because I haven't scouted any second-round prospects, and I don't want to get my hopes up for even more players we probably won't draft. But being that it's a personal recommendation... I'll check it out and get back to you. Haven't got any horse in the second-round-pick race so might as well scout at least one or two guys, tbh. It's gonna take way too long until the draft comes, anyways...

Yeah, I get it. I was avoiding this thread too. There's just way more probability to get the pick wrong since there's a crap load more prospects to choose from and because well, the Spurs are the Spurs. The reason why I think Mason could be a target is because of his story.... The Spurs always get someone with a story.

Thread Information