Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    You need good players to be in top 10 defense. Honestly if you were creating a defense from scratch how many of the current Cowboys would you keep on the team?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You need good players to be in top 10 defense. Honestly if you were creating a defense from scratch how many of the current Cowboys would you keep on the team?
    Hold on...I'm checking...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Last year's rookie class, Trysten Hill, Aldon Smith, and Vander Esch.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Hold on...I'm checking...
    1. Trevon Diggs
    2. Aldon Smith (he's 31 but 25 in football years and he's by far the best pass rusher on the team)
    3. Leighton Vander Esch (assume he's actually going to be healthy long term)
    4. Joe Thomas (hard worker, secure tackler, good block shedder, had an INT robbed by the refs yesterday)
    5. Donovan Wilson (young, cheap, potential, tackles well, plays the ball)
    6. Neville Gallimore (young, cheap, potential)
    7. Bradlee Anae (young, cheap, potential)
    8. Trysten Hill (young and cheap, potential to improve)

OPTIONAL: Antwaun Woods

Sean Lee should be a coach. EVERYONE else can get the off my team. NOW.

OFF LIST:

1. DeMarcus Lawrence (Thief Lawrence)
    2. Jaylon Smith (the laziest tackling linebacker in NFL history; also major thief of salary cap money)
    3. Dontari Poe ( ty human being, tier nose tackle... no wonder the Panthers gave up the most rushing yards in the NFL last year)
    4. Tyrone Crawford (has done NOTHING in 8 years to live up to that albatross of a contract)
    5. Darian Thompson (worst starting safety ever)
    6. Xavier Woods (second worst starting safety ever, can't tackle to save his life)
    7. Chidobe Awuzie (always gets beat in coverage like a drum, but I tried )
    8. Jourdan Lewis ( waaaaah the last regime hated me for being too small )
    9. Anthony Brown (Mr. "i'll play off 15 yards on 3rd and 10 and come up and make the tackle")
    10. Daryl Worley (is this guy even NFL caliber? Nope)
    11. Everson Griffen (one coverage sack in 4 games, and minimal pressure; this guy is done)
    12. Dorance Armstrong (this guy has literally done nothing in 4 years despite getting plenty of opportunities)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Last year's rookie class, Trysten Hill, Aldon Smith, and Vander Esch.
    read my post above.

also, keep Randy Gregory tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    read my post above.

also, keep Randy Gregory tbh
    I forgot about Gregory. That's another one. Lee should coach, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I forgot about Gregory. That's another one. Lee should coach, tbh.
    yeah. jettison Jaylon Smith he's become one of the biggest divas in the NFL. thinks his story about coming back from nerve damage in his knee en les him to 8 figures a year, arm tackling, and mind numbing penalties.

Lee should be a LB coach or even the DC; we should bring back Wade Phillips and go 3-4, with Smith and Gregory terrorizing quarterbacks on the edges by day and toking it up by night tbh (since it's NFL-legal now). Also, bring back David Irving to play one of the DE spots (that means one of the outer DT spots for those of you not familiar with 3-4 defense), he's like the Chiefs' Chris Jones talent-wise and similar player, once he gets re-instated.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Daryl Worley (is this guy even NFL caliber? Nope)
    i woulda warned you

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i woulda warned you
    he was a statue in man coverage in the end zone against OBJ yesterday, just pathetic, he didn't even try

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he was a statue in man coverage in the end zone against OBJ yesterday, just pathetic, he didn't even try
    he doesnt have the footspeed to play man. is theoretically decent in zone but the raiders rarely ran zone either so he kept getting torched. we replaced win with Damon Arnette in the draft but now Arnette is on IR so now we have some scrub veteran Nevin Lawson there, and he got roasted all game yesterday

im still surprised that the raiders cut amukamara and kept lawson instead as a reserve

worley did have 1 incredible highlight for us tho (in a game where he otherwise got torched by golladay/jones all day)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he doesnt have the footspeed to play man. is theoretically decent in zone but the raiders rarely ran zone either so he kept getting torched. we replaced win with Damon Arnette in the draft but now Arnette is on IR so now we have some scrub veteran Nevin Lawson there, and he got roasted all game yesterday

im still surprised that the raiders cut amukamara and kept lawson instead as a reserve

worley did have 1 incredible highlight for us tho (in a game where he otherwise got torched by golladay/jones all day)

Anyone can be "theoretically decent in zone", as long as they have a brain. Stay in your lane and cover what comes to your spot. The brainless ones get caught chasing a receiver and then another receiver/tight end comes into their zone and bam, big play. But it doesn't take an elite talent to play zone. Zone corners are a dime a dozen.

Your team and my team both have ty ass defenses in 2020, but I'm afraid mine is worse.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Anyone can be "theoretically decent in zone", as long as they have a brain. Stay in your lane and cover what comes to your spot. The brainless ones get caught chasing a receiver and then another receiver/tight end comes into their zone and bam, big play. But it doesn't take an elite talent to play zone. Zone corners are a dime a dozen.

Your team and my team both have ty ass defenses in 2020, but I'm afraid mine is worse.
    we've been the worst pass rushing team since the Mack trade... and that just makes everything worse.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    yeah. jettison Jaylon Smith he's become one of the biggest divas in the NFL. thinks his story about coming back from nerve damage in his knee en les him to 8 figures a year, arm tackling, and mind numbing penalties.

Lee should be a LB coach or even the DC; we should bring back Wade Phillips and go 3-4, with Smith and Gregory terrorizing quarterbacks on the edges by day and toking it up by night tbh (since it's NFL-legal now). Also, bring back David Irving to play one of the DE spots (that means one of the outer DT spots for those of you not familiar with 3-4 defense), he's like the Chiefs' Chris Jones talent-wise and similar player, once he gets re-instated.
    that was funny but 100% right. He's honestly becoming more flair than substance at this point. I hated that stupid celebration he did on the third down stop the other day when Mayfield airmailed a throw 20 feet out of bounds but Jaylon acted like he did something when he was clearly beat

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    The Legend returns this week sons....The Bot is back in town

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    i woulda warned you
    Me too

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Legend returns this week sons....The Bot is back in town

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Aldon Smith 31 but in football years 25?
    Sorry it does not work that way.

You guys give Smith a 6 year contract, do it.
    He is year to year. One injury on a 31 year old body... WRong.

Yep 31 is 31 no matter how you look at it glad he has played great so far he keeps doing well I am sure they will make a movie about his life.

As far as defense we see maybe have 4 or 5 guys we would keep everyone else should be given walking papers as soon as possible. And people need to understand we not near a playoff team it will take at least two years minimum to turn over and get new players that fit coaches scheme. Cause right now we really need to replace the entire defense and we have so many wholes that’s our draft picks better give us 3 or 5 starters each year.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    that's a shame, damn shame that is

My Team
    Miami Dolphins
    Post Count
    He need some milk.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lee should coach, tbh.
    Too much risk for injury

Post Count
    Was a fool not to signed the extension now this
    He not bright

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Well let's see if Dalton is capable of leading the team with dak out.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Well let's see if Dalton is capable of leading the team with dak out.
    if he does well he's gonna be the most hated QB to black nationalist types since kirk cousins

Thread Information