Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've won 81% of our games overall (even more when Tony plays). Everyone asked for him to take a backseat, so he did. If you want him to keep giving you 15/7, all Pop needs to do is take his minutes back up.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever. You look bloaded. chode overloaded.
    Not that I agree with Manu or Parker hate either way. But Manu been vilified on here plenty as well.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I don't know who you are, but I know enough to say you're a GNSF got with horrible takes.

Kill yourself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 3rd member of the go group. You ain't so bad! And I can tell your a taker in the relationship.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    A 3rd member of the go group. You ain't so bad! And I can tell your a taker in the relationship.
    lol asshurt got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no ... most of us here agree that his role has to be limited and we can only expect a good game here or there .... but that is still way better than anything Murray can bring to the table

and andy trading suggestions are pipe dreams ...
    huh?? my point is parker needs to be transitioned out starting NOW...we are still running the offense through him when he is on the court, and it is very one dimensional...no one is calling for murray to be the starter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he's totally devastated the team with his performance this year. With him starting, we're 14-3 this year and without him we're 6-2.

HES DESTROYING THE SPURS YOU GUYS. GUYS. YOU GUYS. PAY ATTENTION TO ME. WE'RE ONLY ON A 68 GAME WIN PACE WITH HIM STARTING.
    spurs are winning in spite of parker...NOT because of him...if you guys keep this line of thinking up, you are in for a disappointing post season...you need to learn to understand when someone is better off on the bench, or elsewhere...we need to make those moves by the trade deadline...bring in someone else and bench parker, or lose miserably in the playoffs again...team over ego

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    huh?? my point is parker needs to be transitioned out starting NOW...we are still running the offense through him when he is on the court, and it is very one dimensional...no one is calling for murray to be the starter
    I'm apparently watching a different game. The offense doesn't run through Parker. At most, he runs a pick and roll every so often with Gasol or Aldridge, but he's certainly not running the entire offense. Four other Spurs took more shots than him last night and one took one less shot than he did. He's not the Parker of 5 years ago, where his role was to attack the rim and look to score or draw defenders to create for others. Now he runs the pick and roll with the goal of getting Aldridge or Gasol an elbow jumper. I'm not trying to advocate for Parker, but the hate is irrational. He's playing the right amount of minutes and while he is in decline, he is better and more things that a point guard does than any of the other guards on the roster. Pop is using him exactly as he should and we shouldn't give any of his minutes to Murray. Patty is playing the right amount of minutes and Lapro should get minutes when Parker sits and spell Parker for only a few minutes when Parker plays. Murray shouldn't touch the court this year. Let's see him dominate in the D-League before we feed him to the NBA sharks. He's not ready and it has been painful every time he plays. Giving him more minutes in the NBA won't make him better. Late first round draft picks are fringe NBA players and many don't last in the league well beyond their rookie contracts. Murray may bust, but if he makes it, it's going to be because he played heavy minutes in the D-League his first two years, not because we benched Parker to play a guy that doesn't deserve minutes. But in a way I hope we do. The people bagging on Parker would never publicly admit it, but inside they'd be begging for him to get minutes (that is, if they care about the Spurs winning instead of "being right").

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    old ST posters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's my point...u guys are proving me right...it should be COMMON for him to have good games...there shouldn't be no talks of "ummm...well...at least last night he played good"...and let's be honest...good for parker now is him not stinking up the place...we need positive consistency out of that position, and he is at the stage where he needs to come off the bench...we won't win again just because you guys want to stick with the status quo...I cars about the SPURS...not parker...and if his ego can't deal with reduced minutes/roles, trade him...
    This guy actually makes sense (I disagree about murray) but gots still have the urge to look at the record that is one, meaningless look at last year, and two, an illusion since we are beating teams in crunch time

You sensitive gots are so ing corny. One legitimate concern and all you can think of is an inflated record

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs are winning in spite of parker...NOT because of him...if you guys keep this line of thinking up, you are in for a disappointing post season...you need to learn to understand when someone is better off on the bench, or elsewhere...we need to make those moves by the trade deadline...bring in someone else and bench parker, or lose miserably in the playoffs again...team over ego
    Boom.

Bbbbut our 81 win percentage against the likes of the suns lakers and charlotte gaiz!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how these "smart" posters have this great idea to jettison Parker with no real plan for his replacement. The especially dumb ones take the Murray angle. That dude has been a flop so far against NBA talent (and D-League talent for that matter). Sure, if he keeps playing in the D-League for a few years, he might get good enough to play in the NBA, but any notion that he can come in and take any minutes from Parker are beyond laughable. Any suggestion that he should get minutes on an NBA team with le aspirations is pure nonsense.

So the jettison Parker brigade then must decide, is it Lapro, Mills, a trade, or an unsigned free agent. Lapro is feisty, but he is incapable of being half of what Parker is right now. So if he isn't better than Parker (and he's not), why would you play him? Do Parker haters really think their odds in the playoffs improve if Lapro is their starting point guard? (or, lol Murray). So any serious basketball fan knows Lapro is a stop gap and not suitable to replace Parker.

So Patty? Well, Pop likes Patty as a change of pace guy. He's more of a 2 than a 1, but he could play point guard. He's probably a marginal improvement on defense in that he has more foot speed (but he'll still get posted up just like Parker). And just like we pat Parker on the back after he has a good game, we do the same for Patty, who is as likely to go 1-12 on the road and stink up in the playoffs like he did last year against the Thunder. Is he the answer? I'll put it to you this way, Spurs aren't paying him full-time PG starter money. He's not that good. He's a good change of pace player and he can shoot the three and spread defenses and even apply ball pressure in the backcourt, but he's not someone that Pop feels comfortable playing 30 minutes a game for 82 games for a reason. You can argue Mills should get more minutes, and you may have a point, but you can't argue that he should play all of Parker's minutes. But Mills is as close as you can get to duplicate Parker skills. Lapro and Murray are not there.

So if you want to park Parker on the bench and never have him play, or have him play 10-15 minutes a game, what is your plan? Who is going to trade us a PG that is better than Parker and not want Kawhi in return?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's just get this straight for ya gots. Patty was cash in 2014 finals and 2015 clips series. Playing with garbage players such as Diaw fathead dworst old man manu he didn't play well. He was better than porker though in all totality. And now he played more international ball, contract year, and he is the second best player so far even if he has an average game now and then. He is a WAY BETTER FIT FOR THE STARTING UNIT. Any cucks that say otherwise are gots tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when you are surprised by your starting point guard making shots, being effective, and playing decent defense, it is time to make a change...we are at the point where we just allow tony to go through the motions...drible dribble dribble...pick and pop with the big, and pass to them for a jumper... He doesn't drive in the lane and break down the defense, he doesn't shoot well...he can't even take advantage of a mismatched big because he lacks speed...not to mention his refusal to allow kawhi to do his thing unless he needs to be bailed out...it is time to start giving Murray some minutes...he needs to be the third pg off the bench...he is a game changer
    A great premise followed by a dreadful conclusion! You're lowering the other foot for Murray? You could've went for Mills, The Argentian Curry or even the past prime Manu and you go for that scrub Murray, who hasn't even shown us he's even the next Fathead yet?

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    This guy actually makes sense (I disagree about murray) but gots still have the urge to look at the record that is one, meaningless look at last year, and two, an illusion since we are beating teams in crunch time

You sensitive gots are so ing corny. One legitimate concern and all you can think of is an inflated record
    this. spurs will always have a good record. even recently spurs had 3 60 win season in which they never even made the conference Finals lol at pointing at the record as proof of anything, just proves that the NBA in general is weak atm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely as the taker that would be your ass that hurts. Board .
    Last edited by palangi; 12-16-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how these "smart" posters have this great idea to jettison Parker with no real plan for his replacement. The especially dumb ones take the Murray angle. That dude has been a flop so far against NBA talent (and D-League talent for that matter). Sure, if he keeps playing in the D-League for a few years, he might get good enough to play in the NBA, but any notion that he can come in and take any minutes from Parker are beyond laughable. Any suggestion that he should get minutes on an NBA team with le aspirations is pure nonsense.

So the jettison Parker brigade then must decide, is it Lapro, Mills, a trade, or an unsigned free agent. Lapro is feisty, but he is incapable of being half of what Parker is right now. So if he isn't better than Parker (and he's not), why would you play him? Do Parker haters really think their odds in the playoffs improve if Lapro is their starting point guard? (or, lol Murray). So any serious basketball fan knows Lapro is a stop gap and not suitable to replace Parker.

So Patty? Well, Pop likes Patty as a change of pace guy. He's more of a 2 than a 1, but he could play point guard. He's probably a marginal improvement on defense in that he has more foot speed (but he'll still get posted up just like Parker). And just like we pat Parker on the back after he has a good game, we do the same for Patty, who is as likely to go 1-12 on the road and stink up in the playoffs like he did last year against the Thunder. Is he the answer? I'll put it to you this way, Spurs aren't paying him full-time PG starter money. He's not that good. He's a good change of pace player and he can shoot the three and spread defenses and even apply ball pressure in the backcourt, but he's not someone that Pop feels comfortable playing 30 minutes a game for 82 games for a reason. You can argue Mills should get more minutes, and you may have a point, but you can't argue that he should play all of Parker's minutes. But Mills is as close as you can get to duplicate Parker skills. Lapro and Murray are not there.

So if you want to park Parker on the bench and never have him play, or have him play 10-15 minutes a game, what is your plan? Who is going to trade us a PG that is better than Parker and not want Kawhi in return?
    A flop? Someone is over dramatizing to make a point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A great premise followed by a dreadful conclusion! You're lowering the other foot for Murray? You could've went for Mills, The Argentian Curry or even the past prime Manu and you go for that scrub Murray, who hasn't even shown us he's even the next Fathead yet?
    So afraid to play rookies. Coward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker for Lebron. Who says no?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker for Lebron. Who says no?
    Lebron can be our pg. Legit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this. spurs will always have a good record. even recently spurs had 3 60 win season in which they never even made the conference Finals lol at pointing at the record as proof of anything, just proves that the NBA in general is weak atm
    So you think Murray, who is struggling in the D League is going to change our playoff fortunes? Or Lapro? You think those guys can stop Curry or Paul or Lillard or Westbrook? If so you are a lost cause. If you think more Patty would've changed the Thunder series, you can't be saved from reality. Parker is a declining star. He's not the guy who finished top 5 in MVP voting, but in his reduced role, he is the best the Spurs have with a combo of Mills. If there was a better option Pop would be doing it. He's a little smarter about basketball then those who want to bench Parker just to "do something different."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So afraid to play rookies. Coward
    Considering his D-League performance, it's not coward, its intelligence. Stupidity is thinking the guy who couldn't beat out the undrafted rookie for a spot on the roster is the answer.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker the worst ever ing player I have ever seen in a series in the clips series. Thinking Pop is the gospel.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker the worst ever ing player I have ever seen in a series in the clips series. Thinking Pop is the gospel.
    Im sure you think Murray or Lapro would've been better.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im sure you think Murray or Lapro would've been better.
    I don't. But patty needs to start you lil .

Thread Information