Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that Tiago is locked up, what's the next move they need to make? We can't wait on Manu, does he need to lay his cards on the table so we can move on? Does this mean the Greg Oden rumor is over now that we have 4 bigs?

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll sit back and think "mission accomplished" Manu will get a majority of the remaining money, probably 6M for 2 years. and then offer some guy an MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What guy though? I think we need a SG, but who?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll sit back and think "mission accomplished" Manu will get a majority of the remaining money, probably 6M for 2 years. and then offer some guy an MLE.
    No championship for sure next year if your theory pans out. I guarantee it. Mark my words.

Yes. I sign my name. Slutter McGee's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would it be mission accomplished if you lock up manu for 2 years and 6 million. Plenty of cap space left.

ter McGee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What guy though? I think we need a SG, but who?
    probably gary neal. or some scrub who couldn't get signed..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this mean AK 47 is officially out of the picture?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would it be mission accomplished if you lock up manu for 2 years and 6 million. Plenty of cap space left.

ter McGee
    I meant as in 12 Million over the 2 years.. just typed it wrong.. He'll get a big chunk of the remaining money out of loyalty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably. I mean they value Bonner at 4M and Tiago at 36/4years so Manu will probably get the rest.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, unless Manu retires or takes the veteran's minimum. Not gonna happen according to my sources called "The Homers."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well we are off to a ty start overpaying vagina i mean tiago, our next move might not look good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    strip the sigificult other and have a goold time celebrating

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's why I think AK47 is still in play: If you're the Spurs and Portland is reportedly offering Splitter a $36M over 4-year deal, why wouldn't you just call their bluff and then match if the Blazers actually follow through?

The most logically reason why the Spurs wouldn't wait out Splitter's possible offer from the Blazers is to avoid Portland frontloading the deal ... which could then hurt San Antonio's chances of squeezing in another big salary this summer.

The timing of Splitter's deal tells me the Spurs are going to do more than just stand pat. Otherwise, there'd be no reason to be in a rush.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was creating a post like this and thought I should check before submitting...

Most people said Manu's contract was the first thing to do because of his cap hold. Then Tiago's contract would dictate what the Spurs could do. With Tiago's deal ready, I believe Manu is coming back cheaper than most people think. Manu is a freakish compe or and probably is really pissed at the lost opportunity so he could be willing to sacrifice his last contract for another chance at winning it all. Neal is gone. Someone who is misses out on better players is going to offer more than what the Spurs can afford. As for outside FA if the Spurs can get a special player with whatever is left after Manu's contract they will go for it even if it means amnestying Bonner. By special I mean someone really worth 5M+.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably. I mean they value Bonner at 4M and Tiago at 36/4years so Manu will probably get the rest.
    thats what Tiago's market value was, not what "the spurs valued him at." Pop trusted Diaw more than Splitter down the stretch. By that logic, Splitter is "worth" around 4 million. Problem is, when you have a decently talented center on the good side of 30, they go for a high price. Deandre Jordan, Javale McGee are getting over 10 mil per year. Biedrins signed for 6 years 54 million. Asik who was a bench player (essentially Splitter before this past season) got 3 years 25 million. It's simply the going rate for centers. I still think they can make a push for Kirilenko, but its about his willingness to play from the bench, unless the Spurs just did something re ed and gave Splitter that contract to play off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say they'll see if they can get AK47. If it takes amnestying Bonner to get him they will do it.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No championship for sure next year if your theory pans out. I guarantee it. Mark my words.
    The spurs keep thinking Duncan can carry the frontline with little help every year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a damn good answer timvp! Who else do you think they could go after, with what's left money & FA wise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jarrett Jack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's kinda old, plus somebody is gonna throw a lot of $ at him that he's not worth. He had his 14:59 minutes of fame in that SA /Golden State series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind seeing Manu and ak run the second unit, and finish some games, in the reg season...not sure about the playoffs? But really I can't see signing kirelinko, if it meant losing splitter? I would think they could still sign Manu and 47, both?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs will add another player or two to the roster but whoever they get won't be good enough to make any type of big impact.
    It is pretty much what they do almost every year. Who was the big addition last year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either re-sign or renounce the rights to Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs keep thinking Duncan can carry the frontline with little help every year.
    Thats a wrong move..... He has a few more les if they did not go that route.

You know POP though, he will say they were within a le this year so why break things up? That will be his reasoning.
    He's kinda old, plus somebody is gonna throw a lot of $ at him that he's not worth. He had his 14:59 minutes of fame in that SA /Golden State series.
    He had a better first round!

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind seeing Manu and ak run the second unit, and finish some games, in the reg season...not sure about the playoffs? But really I can't see signing kirelinko, if it meant losing splitter? I would think they could still sign Manu and 47, both?
    Don't want an injury prone over 30 white player in AK47. Don't want the team to go more white.

Thread Information