Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a guy. Let's share memories of him here.

oh btw. i have his rookie card on ebay mint condition really cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320330408380

he always had good sportsmanship must come from the military

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man i wish DROB was still around

i support single moms tonylongoriafan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man i wish DROB was still around
    +50

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    david who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have that same card. Lower right corner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the lower left one is the real deal though it ain't much worth... i have 2 and about 10 gabillion of the right one.

Old School Toronto
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DRob is the reason I'm a Spurs fan but fyi that's not his rookie card and it is virtually worthless.

Even his actual rookie card is worth very little. Once upon a time his rookie card was worth big bucks till ppl realized NBA Hoops flooded the market with them driving the price down....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the first game i went to was courtesy of mr. robinson's neighborhood. a loss to the suns, willie anderson missed a game winning layup. i even got to meet him after a jazz game (a win in the dome) as part of fellowship of christian athletes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DRob is the man, I will always be a big fan of him!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any David Robinson fan should have that card by now. They made so many of those it is almost worthless. Even the real deal one with the jersey is not hard to come by.

But the memory remains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drob is the reason why I became a Spurs fan (discovered him during the 1992 summer, pre-olympic tournament in Portland)

Never looked back since

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah this is the 'official' DRob rookie card, even though the one you have says Rookie on it. Sadly, I doubt this card is worth more than $10 because it was so mass produced by "Hoops" whose packets were cheap to begin with. Supply and demand theory says that supply is very high, and the demand is very low. His rookie card value does no justice to the man.

Warder to the Maiden Fair Yorae's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Drob is still playing, we'll be the team to beat (that is if his playing in his prime).

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My oldest daughter's first word was Robinson. It was okay until every black person she saw was called robinson until about 3.

Then she finally met him in person this year 19 years later.. Great picture. David Robinson is in awesome man..

the ovens are our hearts. BlackBellamy's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Drob is still playing, we'll be the team to beat (that is if his playing in his prime).
    F*ck it. D-Rob is still a stud. Shop out for a big man? Nah! He should pull a P.J. Brown and tack on another half season for an additional ring. F'real, David created the character standard that the Spurs still represent. Classy-ass baller.

Warder to the Maiden Fair Yorae's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F*ck it. D-Rob is still a stud. Shop out for a big man? Nah! He should pull a P.J. Brown and tack on another half season for an additional ring. F'real, David created the character standard that the Spurs still represent. Classy-ass baller.
    The problem is he wouldn't.

the ovens are our hearts. BlackBellamy's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is he wouldn't.
    Sadly, I'm aware. One can dream though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    speaking of rookie cards. One on ebay of jordan is going for 4.2 g's. With 8 days left

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    My oldest daughter's first word was Robinson. It was okay until every black person she saw was called robinson until about 3.

Then she finally met him in person this year 19 years later.. Great picture. David Robinson is in awesome man..
    Are you serious about her first words or are you bull ting us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, that's not his rookie card.. and I know my cards.. flip it over... look at the date...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah this is the 'official' DRob rookie card, even though the one you have says Rookie on it. Sadly, I doubt this card is worth more than $10 because it was so mass produced by "Hoops" whose packets were cheap to begin with. Supply and demand theory says that supply is very high, and the demand is very low. His rookie card value does no justice to the man.
    Right. The one you show pictured is the first of his two official rookie cards.

Here is the second:

The one you have pictured was in the 89 Hoops first set, and this one is the second. Those are his only official rookie cards. Those two in my picture are mine, that I tried to give away through ST but I never got a response from the king and queen. May just do it by myself then.

The card he has on eBay isn't worth a dollar even, sadly enough. Like you said too much supply, almost no demand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (sorry to continue on) that 89 Hoops card holding the jersey, the odds of finding one in mint condition are 1:1200. Hoops printing machine off-centered the card, so you will rarely ever find one centered. If you are clueless what that means, look at the card, the pink on both sides and the distance from the edge of the card... they are never centered. That rookie card books 12 dollars, however off-center is not mint, which makes it worth about 6 bucks. The other official rookie card (where he is shooting the FT) are centered and book for about 8 dollars.

So like I said, a lot of us have his first rookie card, but I bet you anything nobody has it centered in mint condition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My oldest daughter's first word was Robinson. It was okay until every black person she saw was called robinson until about 3. ..
    Too damn funny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 more year 1 more year 1 more year !!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im from southern california and i remember watching a clippers vs spurs game back in january of 1991 and watching the game on tv thinking wow this David Robinson fella is good and i became a spurs fan ever since and im proud of it.

Thread Information