Page 10 of 82 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 weeks to go of not making a trade.
    We will watch a few minor moves happen in the league and wish the Spurs were in the mix.

On the positive side, DeMarre Carroll should be very fresh for the rodeo road trip.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Pop trade White
    I read this and for some reason immediately thought of a Covington for Carroll and White trade....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft #20 is weak.
    Hunter for Poeltl and lotto protected pick is worth try

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 weeks to go of not making a trade.
    We will watch a few minor moves happen in the league and wish the Spurs were in the mix.

On the positive side, DeMarre Carroll should be very fresh for the rodeo road trip.
    He's the one guy who looks like he isn't playing for a legitimate reason. He's slow and looks like he can barely run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The trade market for Robert Covington has intensified over recent days, according to rival teams that spoke with The Athletic.
    The Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks and Philadelphia 76ers have expressed interest in Covington.
    Minnesota is expected to hold firm on a high asking price for Covington. Covington has $25 million remaining on his current contract over the next two seasons and has a great relationship with Karl-Anthony Towns.

Jon Krawczynski, Shams Charania/The Athletic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the wolves are smart they wouldnt trade a guy whom their franchise player has great relationship with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the one guy who looks like he isn't playing for a legitimate reason. He's slow and looks like he can barely run.
    That was a Norm MacDonald-esque piece of sarcasm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Pop trade White
    Not at the trade deadline, but I wouldn't rule it out in the off season.

His lack of confidence/agressiveness is Hill esque, he turns 26 this year, they've (foolishly) already comitted to Murray and they're nowhere near dynamic enough on ball or proficient enough off ball to be the "back court of the future".

Hard to say what he'll cost, but if I'm his agent, I'd be seeking a comparable contract to Murray and if I'm the Spurs, I wouldn't want to tie up near or at $30 million annually in a back court with the limitations I detailed.

If they trade DeRozan in the off season and acquire Fournier, Bogdanovic (3-way), Winslow, etc., that could seal White's fate. At that point, I could see them trying to package him with their pick to move up or for a youngish four.

Thad Young apparently wants to be traded. Seems like Chicago is ok with just a 2nd-rounder and expiring deals. Something like Beli + either of Carroll or Lyles would do the job.
    If they're going to go another season with the "mid 3" (which mostly hinges on DeRozan's willingness to opt in), would they?

Though he's pulled an Aldridge in terms of significantly upping his 3-point volume, he still shoots them less frequently than Lyles, but even in decline he's a better, more versatile defender.

Even if they were inclined in theory, the $4.65 million difference in '21-'22 guarantees between him and Carroll could give them pause.
    Last edited by TD 21; 01-16-2020 at 05:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoiler alert: The Spurs are not going to make any moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the wolves are smart they wouldnt trade a guy whom their franchise player has great relationship with.
    Unless they are also planning on moving their "franchise guy"...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless they are also planning on moving their "franchise guy"...
    Brent for KAT. Lets do it Khan!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft #20 is weak.
    Hunter for Poeltl and lotto protected pick is worth try
    I'm sure you meant Hunter and a pick for Poeltl. Otherwise it makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brent for KAT. Lets do it Khan!
    KAT to GS for DRuss. Minny gets their PG, and a decent return on a player that everyone knows wants out. The dollars are an EXACT match. It’s almost like they planned this .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KAT to GS for DRuss. Minny gets their PG, and a decent return on a player that everyone knows wants out. The dollars are an EXACT match. It’s almost like they planned this .
    DRuss and 1st Rd pick for KAT is what twolves are most likely asking for

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure you meant Hunter and a pick for Poeltl. Otherwise it makes no sense.
    Spurs definitely win that trade. Hopefully Atlanta offers that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoiler alert: The Spurs are not going to make any moves.
    Agreed. It’s pop. He’s not doing anything because in a way it would be him admitting he was wrong. Can’t have that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs definitely win that trade. Hopefully Atlanta offers that
    Hunter and Reddish are not having impressive rookie campaigns. Both are kind of blah. I don't think it's open and shut case that it's not better for Spurs to keep Poeltl. Poeltl is a sure thing as a rotation level player to starter for the next five years or more. Still young, still improving. But if either Hunter or Reddish is available I'd make the move because in best case scenarios, Poeltl is likely a career 15-20 mpg guy and Hunter and Reddish should average closer to 30 mpg IF they develop well.

Poeltl has some fantasies about developing a three point shot which seems ludicrous to me. But I would not have bet on Baynes or Dedmon to become reliable floor spacers either. So who knows.

If I'm Atlanta, I like Poeltl's fit next on offense. And on defense, he's an ideal safety net against Young's perimeter short comings. It's a nice fit for Atlanta. Young, Huerter, Collins, Poeltl, and one Hunter/Reddish with money to spend in free agency is a good set up for the Hawks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hunter and Reddish are not having impressive rookie campaigns. Both are kind of blah. I don't think it's open and shut case that it's not better for Spurs to keep Poeltl. Poeltl is a sure thing as a rotation level player to starter for the next five years or more. Still young, still improving. But if either Hunter or Reddish is available I'd make the move because in best case scenarios, Poeltl is likely a career 15-20 mpg guy and Hunter and Reddish should average closer to 30 mpg IF they develop well.

Poeltl has some fantasies about developing a three point shot which seems ludicrous to me. But I would not have bet on Baynes or Dedmon to become reliable floor spacers either. So who knows.

If I'm Atlanta, I like Poeltl's fit next on offense. And on defense, he's an ideal safety net against Young's perimeter short comings. It's a nice fit for Atlanta. Young, Huerter, Collins, Poeltl, and one Hunter/Reddish with money to spend in free agency is a good set up for the Hawks.
    Don’t forget about the 1st rd pick. We were discussing Hunter and a 1st for Poetl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tankathon had Reddish as high ceiling, low floor, and a pretty good chance to bust. Hunter isn't exactly tearing it up, but I'd take him 7 days a week over Reddish. His stats are at least acceptable for an NBA rook, even if they don't jump off of the page. Reddish is just stinking up the joint. 32.3 FG%? Are you kidding me?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets continue trying to mortgage their future only to crumble come Playoffs time you love to see it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Westbrook for who? Lmmfao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Westbrook for who? Lmmfao
    Could trade Westbrook to Cleveland for Love and Exum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count